Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah J-Rock is not a quitter like Ortiz. Williams fought his way up to earn millions from literally being homeless, he's a fighter but this is rather disappointing though cause as you said he was the one who had comments on Hurd not living with his clause and then he does the same. All the worse that in Hurd's case it was really hard to see how he could have improved to the rematch as he can't box that well and what he does best was beaten by Williams clearly.
With Williams he could have tried to focus on his boxing more instead of going toe-to-toe with a slugger. Perhaps he isn't confident in his ability to outbox Rosario. :francis: Breadman being hellbent on J Rock must knock Rosario out might not help either.

So you are partially right but I don't think he's a quitter like Victor Ortiz. Never displayed anything like that in a fight yet.

Yea I wouldn’t call Jrock a quitter either

But in the ring Jrock is mentally weak... he’ll have his fight where he looks like he got it together (Hurd) like Ortiz did (Berto)... but at the end of the day nikkas like that are never goin be elite

Jrock struggled with a 39 yr old Ishe Smith... all that talking N twitter fingers is to pump himself up but as soon as shyt goes wrong we get :merchant: the deer in headlights look :manny:

Same reason why I thought lil Charlo would get in his head N beat him

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

But in the ring Jrock is mentally weak... he’ll have his fight where he looks like he got it together (Hurd) like Ortiz did (Berto)... but at the end of the day nikkas like that are never goin be elite

Jrock struggled with a 39 yr old Ishe Smith... all that talking N twitter fingers is to pump himself up but as soon as shyt goes wrong we get :merchant: the deer in headlights look :manny:

tbf it's not hard to get in Charlo's head either

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Facts....Jrock not a quitter, its just that his defense and chin always quit on him.:snoop:
And the way he's always getting caught with everybody's uppercut, it seems like his boxing skills be quitting on him too. :hhh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
With Williams he could have tried to focus on his boxing more instead of going toe-to-toe with a slugger. Perhaps he isn't confident in his ability to outbox Rosario. :francis: Breadman being hellbent on J Rock must knock Rosario out might not help either.

I agree with Breadman, JRock is trying to build his brand, you was talking all that shyt about Hurd not taking the rematch just to go and not take the immediate rematch yourself. He has to knock him out or completely dominate him otherwise no one will take him serious. Look at Anthony Joshua, talking all that shyt before the first Ruiz fight and being all cocky just to get mixed up by a chubby mexican who he had a huge size advantage on, then when he took his belts back he did it in the most unimpressive fashion ever. Yeah he did what he had to do, but to the American audience he will forever be a joke. Once you get to this level it aint about just boxing, you gotta build and protect the brand too and going out there and just trying to outpoint Rosario after Rosario beat Williams up aint a good look bruh.

Last edited: