Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Pac's in a good position here.
PBC wants to build Spence's brand further and a fight against Pacquiao would be his biggest fight to date easily. With Pac eyeing an opponent easier and more like his size outside of the PBC circle he kinda forces PBC's hands to pay him more if they want to put him in with Spence. He forces DAZN too to offer something good. He makes them compete with each other. I think advantage is on DAZN's side meaning if both would offer the same he'd rather fight Mikey than Spence.

On the other hand what would be a better time for Pac to catch Spence slipping if not after his car accident?

Pac gonna fight Mikey. As soon as he beat Jessie Vargas I knew it was coming why you think Mikey picked Jessie? It's a common opponent to compare them to to build hype.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Who beats Fury?
I think a technically solid, good chinned volume puncher would have have the best chance. Doesn't hurt if he's not a lot smaller than Fury either. Don't know who fits that description out of current HWs though
I actually think Joseph Parker in shape would be a good matchup if he had dog. Good chin, power and hand speed but he just doesn’t have go for broke in him. AJ and Dubois have the power but they’d need to have a great gameplan. If Tony Yoka keeps getting better he’s a matchup nightmare for Fury and Dave Allen said that’s the hardest he’s ever been punched. 2015-2016 Ortiz would have been a great fight as well.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who beats Fury?
I think a technically solid, good chinned volume puncher would have have the best chance. Doesn't hurt if he's not a lot smaller than Fury either. Don't know who fits that description out of current HWs though

fury is not unbeatable...somebody will eventually crack his suspect chin

He’s not unbeatable but right now one gotta favor him in any fight. His chin is suspect but he has great regeneration.

I actually think Joseph Parker in shape would be a good matchup if he had dog. Good chin, power and hand speed but he just doesn’t have go for broke in him. AJ and Dubois have the power but they’d need to have a great gameplan. If Tony Yoka keeps getting better he’s a matchup nightmare for Fury and Dave Allen said that’s the hardest he’s ever been punched. 2015-2016 Ortiz would have been a great fight as well.

Fury is not unbeatable, problem is all the retirement talk, he may have like 2 more fights, Wilder then AJ then retire. They wanna keep that 0 bad.

Fury if he loses will either be a straight clean knockout or probably a fight on points, possibly where he gets knocked down. On paper AJ could be a tough fight for him, powerful and a good boxer too. On paper that could be an amazing fight, AJ has a chance in that for sure in my opinion. Infact I probably would have backed AJ previously, but now Fury is with Sugar Hill and Andy Lee has added another layer again and could be 50/50.

It will sound crazy after what happened but I don't think it's impossible for Wilder to beat him because he has a puncher's chance, I think Wilder should just say fukk it and go for the knockout. Maybe come in quick and try blast him out, cause 1 of the main ways to beat Fury is by knocking him out cold.

Dubois is interesting because of his power, think he could hurt Fury if he catches him. Fury would have to avoid the shots, Dubois is a better boxer than Wilder too. Ruiz in shape and in throwing in volume could be a good fight and Usyk has a touch of genius about him, he will work on a tactic.

Dillian Whyte has power and can box too, he could certainly hurt Fury, he's tough too.

I'm not saying they beat Fury, but I think the ones I mentioned have attributes to make it competitive/difficult should they use them.

Parker, Ortiz? No chance in my opinion, no version thus far. Parker is at an age where he can still improve though so if he adds other dimensions we'll see.

And others we'll have to see how they develop such as Yoka, Hrgovic etc. Prime Povetkin may have had a shot too but it's too late for him now.

That's why I think it would be such a shame if Fury retired, if he had like 8 more fights and won them all he could generally establish himself as 1 of the greatest ever, and it's possible, but it looks like he's gonna retire if he wins after 1 or 2 more fights, 1 against Wilder again, so that will always limit his place in history cause we may not see him against fighters of his era he should really be fighting.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Parker to me showed dog in him vs Whyte in the later rounds but that could be because Whyte gassed something serious.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Disagree w Ortiz cause I think even at his prime he was too slow footed to catch up on Fury, otherwise I agree. Not sure about Yoka yet but he's one of the guys who could become successful

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another way Fury could lose of course is a ref stoppage, like if he gets cut up. If I was AJ I'd try cut Fury up, he has the power to do so. Bloody his eyes up and make it hard for him to see. 1 thing I give Fury credit for is he won't give up, if he can physically get up he will. If someone can take it out of his hands either by a clean knockout or by damaging so bad the ref stops it would have a shot.

Ultimately a loss may be the best thing for Fury, long term. If he has 2 more fights left to me it seems like he's taking the 0 and running which I don't like, if he gets beat 1 time maybe he will be more carefree and actually stay and fight everyone.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Disagree w Ortiz cause I think even at his prime he was too slow footed to catch up on Fury, otherwise I agree. Not sure about Yoka yet but he's one of the guys who could become successful
I think eventually it’ll be uncovered more that Fury doesn’t like when he’s forced to move Left because of the lead left from southpaw. I think he struggled against Wallin because it’s hard for him to go against what is normal to him and what orthodox fighters can’t take away. Wish Uysk was a bigger puncher because I’d favor him.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It was mean machine, of course he did. Spence damn near turned Porter lights out then beat that man body to oblivion in the 12th. Porter is a high level opp no matter what y’all think and pose a style you can’t get ready for. No look hook couldn’t staffer him and Thurman back had whips on it from being on the ropes all fight. Nobody has walked through Porter and nobody will until he’s done physically.
Nobody will ever walk thru porter he like a bootleg BATB

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think eventually it’ll be uncovered more that Fury doesn’t like when he’s forced to move Left because of the lead left from southpaw. I think he struggled against Wallin because it’s hard for him to go against what is normal to him and what orthodox fighters can’t take away. Wish Uysk was a bigger puncher because I’d favor him.
I think with Wallin the style bothered him too. It's a cliche but usually true: boxers are at their worst against swarmers fighters, I'm not well versed on Wallin otherwise but he fought like a swarmer there.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Can't really put much stock into what Paulie says. Dude is a bitter old man now. He hates everybody. Always talking like he was some elite fighter. This the same guy who got starched by the corpse of Ricky hatton :heh:......dude came up short in every big fight he ever had. Paulie is the Kenny Smith of boxing analysts. Talking like he was a hall of famer when he was a role player his whole career :mjlol:
When has Paulie been exposed as a liar tho?