Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
its worth it to me though. comes with 3 simultaneous streams. find another person and split if $50 per year...or find a third and pay $33.
In the end DAZN fulfilled my original reason to get it: WBSS...for which I am thankful

However the jump in quality of the fights they aired in 2018 to 2019 cannot be ignored. Their Q4 2019 alone produced 3-4 FOTY candidates including the one that was the unanimous FOTY.

In 2020 they are coming off possibly the best card from top to bottom so far with several cards ready for the next months that are good on paper

Plus they are building a hell of archive similar to ESPN+...although I have no idea why prograis vs Taylor is still missing :hhh:

That is they why continue to get my 9.99 a month lol. Now if the fight quality takes a dive or becomes unfocused like ESPN+ (havent stopped paying for it yet) then there's an argument to pay as needed. But I'll keep my 9.99 deal and hope for more violent fades until further notice :pachaha:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Supposedly Wilder goin take up George Foreman on his offer N consult with him or maybe more
he, Wilder, should go to his son Monk's gym to get some work in....he opened 2 of the gyms up here in Boston called Everybodyfights...shyts are dope.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I guess it's good PR and he has to take any kind of help but I don't think it will matter anything. He won't suddenly learn to box in 4 months :manny: He's 34 too

It’s good for the talk shows N to sell the fight

I think of it when a C in the NBA goes visits Hakeem Olajuwon in the summer for a few weeks but by the time the season starts dude forgot whatever he learned from Hakeem N is the same guy he always was

By far the best I've seen Wilder "boxing" was against Stiverne on their first fight, he outboxed him there. Stiverne is much shorter though and his feet stuck in cement so...

Yup.... I was like one or two people here who
Actually picked Wilder to win the Belt

Errybody thought he was Chinny N Stiverne more battle tested etc

Wilder was actually trying to win Rds N not jus try to bomb nikkas out ... soon after he started the hood booger windmill fighting style N I was good on being a fan

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It’s good for the talk shows N to sell the fight

I think of it when a C in the NBA goes visits Hakeem Olajuwon in the summer for a few weeks but by the time the season starts dude forgot whatever he learned from Hakeem N is the same guy he always was

Yup.... I was like one or two people here who
Actually picked Wilder to win the Belt

Errybody thought he was Chinny N Stiverne more battle tested etc

Wilder was actually trying to win Rds N not jus try to bomb nikkas out ... soon after he started the hood booger windmill fighting style N I was good on being a fan
He actually used his jab and his jab can be decent. Then he ended up going to the world star windmill God fist dojo and welp

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Who beats Fury?
I think a technically solid, good chinned volume puncher would have have the best chance. Doesn't hurt if he's not a lot smaller than Fury either. Don't know who fits that description out of current HWs though

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Pacquaio vs. Garcia or Spence next...

Pac's in a good position here.
PBC wants to build Spence's brand further and a fight against Pacquiao would be his biggest fight to date easily. With Pac eyeing an opponent easier and more like his size outside of the PBC circle he kinda forces PBC's hands to pay him more if they want to put him in with Spence. He forces DAZN too to offer something good. He makes them compete with each other. I think advantage is on DAZN's side meaning if both would offer the same he'd rather fight Mikey than Spence.

On the other hand what would be a better time for Pac to catch Spence slipping if not after his car accident?

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Pac's in a good position here.
PBC wants to build Spence's brand further and a fight against Pacquiao would be his biggest fight to date easily. With Pac eyeing an opponent easier and more like his size outside of the PBC circle he kinda forces PBC's hands to pay him more if they want to put him in with Spence. He forces DAZN too to offer something good. He makes them compete with each other. I think advantage is on DAZN's side meaning if both would offer the same he'd rather fight Mikey than Spence.

On the other hand what would be a better time for Pac to catch Spence slipping if not after his car accident?

It'll be the #1 excuse if Manny beats Spence. Even though Spence said he wants no tuneups.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Who beats Fury?
I think a technically solid, good chinned volume puncher would have have the best chance. Doesn't hurt if he's not a lot smaller than Fury either. Don't know who fits that description out of current HWs though

fury is not unbeatable...somebody will eventually crack his suspect chin