Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Derrick James is obviously not eager to make that fight happen :yeshrug:.......talking about the money ain't right yet. Smh. I think Spence will fight anybody, but his team knows Crawford is a very bad style matchup for him. Prolly wanna get him a few more looks before they make it happen. Porter exposed a lot of his flaws.

Yeah the classic "The money ain't right" talk :mjlol:
They are holding out for that Pac fight but if they can't secure that there's no bigger money fight for him than Crawford.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Lol. Dont be silly.
He connected on him then pulled him down in a clinch literally pulling him down, Crawford wasn't even hurt for a second.
Only people who are making a big deal out of that are the ones who hate on Crawford and grasping for straws or the ones who just troll.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Maidana Loses More Than 60-Pounds as Exhibition Bout Nears
By Elisinio Castillo

Published On Wed Mar 4, 2020, 10:57 PM EST

Former two division world champion Marcos "Chino" Maidana has lost a lot of weight for his upcoming return, on April 18 in Argentina, in an exhibition fight with kickboxing star Jorge Acero Cali.

Maidana has been out of the ring since September of 2014, when he lost a twelve round decision in his rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

According to Maidana (35-5, 31 KOs), he's lost more than 60-pounds for the upcoming fight.

marcos-maidana-4.jpg

Maidana believes his body is getting in the proper shape for a ring return in sanctioned fights.

He would like to fight a big name at either junior middleweight or welterweight. It remains to be seen if Maidana can get all the way down to 147-pounds.

“There was a time when I was very anxious, ate a lot and gained a lot of weight. There came a point when I realized that I had to lose weight to get well again,” Maidana told Clarin.

"I took advantage of my time away to enjoy things. I enjoyed the family, fishing. I liked the ability to walk around freely without having to think about anything. Sometimes I didn't even know what day it was ... I was so relaxed that I was losing track of time. But it's also good to be busy like right now, with something I like. I have my schedules, my organization. That is also good.

"I was not so complicated [to get back in fighting shape]. I never stopped exercising at all: I kept cycling and running. But when I gained all of those extra pounds I had to make a little more effort. I had tried to fight again in the United States [last year] but I had some problems.

"Now they convinced me for this exhibition and after April 18, it depends on how the fight plays out, we will take a good look at the future. I am willing to listen to offers, everything that comes up."

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
He connected on him then pulled him down in a clinch literally pulling him down, Crawford wasn't even hurt for a second.
Only people who are making a big deal out of that are the ones who hate on Crawford and grasping for straws or the ones who just troll.

:dahell:??? He dropped Crawford, he didn't pull him down :mindblown:

20 secs in

He was NOT pulling Crawford down :heh: and Crawford was hurt. Didn't matter in the long run but don't act like it ain't happen

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If BJS gets the Canelo fight Ben Davison won't be in Josh Taylor's corner for the fight for their first fight together because it's on the same day...

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:??? He dropped Crawford, he didn't pull him down :mindblown:

20 secs in

He was NOT pulling Crawford down :heh: and Crawford was hurt. Didn't matter in the long run but don't act like it ain't happen

He fell into the clinch and as Kavalaiuskas moved back with their arms locked he pulled him down a bit. Ref was right that he didn’t count imo. It wasn’t the best night of Bud but not because of this sequence