Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Announced...

NINTCHDBPICT000545985392-e1575973055792.jpg

Chief Oluwafemi returns on the road to undisputed and lineal status

Naija no dey carry last

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I tried to school them idiots but :manny:

Now I’m jus addicted to the videos :beli:

This nikka “young Pharaoh” ... got on Velcro strap Gloves from Target... no hand wraps on... slips his hand down talking bout THIS IS HOW FURY DID IT!! :bryan:

“I weigh 152 N I punch harder than Fury”

**Post video clip of himself with running start N punches punching power machine :myman:**

“I’ll beat Tyson Fury :birdman:
Punch harder than the fury who stopped chisora and wilder :mjlol:
Ok:mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DAZN To Launch In More Than 200 Countries & Territories By Early May
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon Mar 2, 2020, 08:59 AM EST

DAZN announced Monday morning that the subscription streaming service will expand its reach to more than 200 countries and territories by early in May.

DAZN has made a major imprint in boxing since announcing its launch in the United States in May 2018. It is currently available in nine countries, including Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the U.S.

It’ll officially become available in more than 200 countries and territories the day of Canelo Alvarez’s next fight, May 2 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

An official announcement on Alvarez’s opponent is expected sometime this week. Billy Joe Saunders, the WBO super middleweight champion, is likely to get that assignment over WBA 168-pound champion Callum Smith.

dazn_2.jpg

Mexico is among the new countries in which DAZN will become available by May 2, but Alvarez’s fights still will be broadcast live on free TV in his home country. DAZN signed Alvarez to a landmark 11-fight contract in October 2018 that could become worth $365 million.

Australia, India, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Scandinavia, southeast Asia and the United Kingdom are among the most valuable new countries or regions in which DAZN will begin streaming within two months.

“The vast majority of our boxing agreements are global rights, which presents a huge global opportunity as we look at our business’ growth and the evaluation of our business going forward,” Joe Markowski, DAZN’s executive vice president, told BoxingScene.com. “We wanna be the first global sports OTT [over-the-top] service to be truly global. We are in nine markets. This is a huge strategic opportunity for us to commercialize the rights we’ve always owned. We’ve traditionally sold to international broadcasters, so we’ve sold to Sky Sports [in the UK], we’ve sold to FOX [Sports] Australia. We’ve sold to these boxing broadcasters nationally. There’s significant, incremental commercial and corporate value in us going global.

“We very much see this as a first phase. We’ll take our boxing content and make it available globally. But we fully expect in the course of the next 18 months to be presented with huge opportunities to buy content inside and outside of boxing, and to significantly grow the content offering on a global basis. That obviously presents huge cost efficiencies for a global business. When you’re in 200 markets, you’re truly buying global rights. And we see the opportunity to do that. Immediately, we’ll launch around May the 2nd. We’ll be in a beta testing period from late March through to the start of May.”

DAZN made an immediate impact in boxing by signing such stars as Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin to respective nine-figure contracts. Ukrainian billionaire Len Blavatnik is the majority owner of DAZN, which has greatly changed the boxing market, particularly within the U.S., by paying significantly higher license fees for some fights than its established broadcast competitors have been willing to offer.

This global expansion likely will lead to more DAZN events taking place outside of the U.S.

Markowski, who will oversee the global service, considers DAZN’s enormous expansion proof to skeptics that think DAZN isn’t committed to streaming boxing and other sports for the long term.

“I think this is a direct retort to that,” Markowski said. “I actually don’t hear that very often. I think you look at our business outside of the U.S., as a global business, which of course we do, we’ve been in this business now coming up to four years, since mid-2016. And we’ve continually invested heavily in long-term rights deals. Our rights deal with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing is an eight-year deal. We’re in the second year of that. We’re approaching the end of the second year of that contract.

“Our Golden Boy [Promotions] deal has four more years on it. So, the idea that we’re not in this for the long term I find somewhat surprising, and I’m not really sure where that comes from. If there are any doubters to the longevity or our commitment to being in this business for a long time, the fact that we’re announcing a global commitment to the sport of boxing and to our own business I think will directly answer those doubters.”

Pricing for DAZN in its new markets will be announced within a few weeks. Fans outside of DAZN’s existing markets can gain early access to its beta product by registering at DAZN.com.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
what are those 200 countries? Where can I check if my country is included?

they haven't released that list yet...only some of them in the article...they said theres a beta site somewhere you can sign up for it....i was trying to look for the link

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Why ain't anyone talking about canelo giving whoever fights him only 60 or less days to prepare for him?