Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
No wonder Izzy got his retina detached damn

You put me on this and told me to watch em a few years ago :salute:

Vasquez eventually losing his eye tho :francis:
'

yup perfect example of what happens when you dont milk a trilogy and a perfect example of fights ruining both fighters...i refuse to talk about the 4th fight which low key was a real atrocity and should have never happened...i watched that fight with the :francis: on my face

back when showtime was for real nikkas...hbo was the wwf; showtime was nwa/wcw before hulk hogan and company came in

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fury and AJ are the most complete HWs out, both can press and box too. Joshua is the more classically trained, more textbook but sometimes it shows that he hasn't started boxing until his late teens, he doesn't always look relaxed in there, especially when he tries to use his guard, he seems tensed up. Also being overeager and getting caught because of it. He's still learning though he becomes more and more analytical with plus experience, I don't think he's a finished product yet.

Ad for Fury he has it all, not as textbook as AJ, he has his unique shyt going on but it's not because he would be less skilled. As he said multiple times it's in his blood, travelers know this from the cradle, that's why Fury seems so loose and relaxed in there he never seems nervous or tensed up and that is a big advantage against anyone. Boxing is as natural to him as breathing, he just does it.

AJ has a big task in front of him, I'm curious what he would find out against Fury, how he'd approach him. Imo Fury just like most boxers don't like swarmers who force a higher than usual pace on him. I'm also curious how Fury would approach that fight, I doubt he would or could walk Joshua down the same way he did Wilder, AJ brings more to the table in the pocket, has a strong hook, uppercut, jab... and physically he's stronger than Wilder, wouldn't be bullied like that. Probably Fury would revert to his herky-jerky boxing style and AJ to his pressure fighting.

Fury is so unorthodox and is elite. The combination of his size and movement makes him unique. He's a giant, even at heavyweight, to move like he does makes him a very tricky opponent for anybody. He's just got a natural gift and has been boxing all his life, father named him after Mike Tyson so you know what he was born to do.

I agree, there's been times you have seen AJ isn't a pure natural, he's more of a top athlete that's learned on the job. He's learnt his lessons in the ring. AJ definitely has room for improvement, I genuinely think the Ruiz loss was the best thing that could have happened to him for his craft, for whatever reason I felt like he was stagnating, I wasn't happy with his performance vs Povetkin, I've later come to find out he had issues for that fight, but it wasn't a great performance, his power bailed him out, but as we've seen recently you can't always rely on that. A lot of fighters have the if it ain't broke why fix it approach, not always the best thing.

I thought AJ boxed really well against Parker, controlled it, no problems. Povetkin and Ruiz 1 his performances were sub standard for him. I think his loss made him genuinely self reflect and make changes, in terms of technical boxing Ruiz 2 was his best performance to me, not as exciting as the Wlad fight but he got caught in that too, it was back and forth and that's what made it 1 of the great all time heavyweight fights, but Ruiz 2 was a masterclass. His footwork is what really impressed me, it was near perfect. Ruiz couldn't handle it, he dominated and won probably 11 out of the 12 rounds, and in all honesty the 1 he may of lost I feel like he was just testing the waters, he absorbed any of Ruiz's shots no problem this time. In a way similar to Fury in the last Wilder fight, Fury took some big shots but he was in fighting shape so took them better, didn't gas. Came out later there's been health issues which explained the Povetkin and Ruiz 1 performances but that seems to be sorted now. I also think a mentality elevation was important, you're only in this game for so long, got to keep improving.

Yeah, it's 2nd nature to Fury more than anybody else. He's been fighting most of his life and comes from a family of fighters, even his father was a boxer, uncle boxed too, and mad others in his family. This helps, just gives him more natural instincts cause always been around it and didn't have to discover the sport in the same way.

AJ if he boxes properly can really cause Fury problems, they can cause eachother problems. 1 of the strengths AJ has over Fury is power, even after Fury's last performance, AJ is a lot more powerful. AJ is a better boxer than Wilder and a bigger puncher than Fury and doesn't have the 1 punch quite like Wilder or the boxing skills in some ways of Fury. But he does have a very good game, he showed other aspects in his game in Ruiz 2 fight.

I don't believe Fury could walk AJ down like that at all, AJ throwing back could legit either knock Fury out cold or hurt him badly or knock him down. Fury couldn't be that open vs AJ cause his variety of punches is way better than Wilder's, he can throw better combinations too.

I want to see the fight because I believe it will be high level, both will want to win BAD, both are elite of their era. It could be a very high level contest. Would love it to happen this year, hope it does, would be huge.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The good thing that if Fury vs Wilder 3 is 18th of July it doesn't waste the rest of the year, it's a quick next fight, that's only 4 months away. There was talk about putting it back and I think that would be bad, it takes up too much time, if they gonna have to do it again get that shyt over with and let's move on to some new fights no matter what happens. AJ if he beats Pulev vs the winner, and if Fury loses, he could still fight him too cause Fury can still claim he beat Wilder 2 out of 3 times. So I just hope they get the shyt over with and we can move on to new fights, big ones.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
its a whole bunch non boxing ass spiel and smart dumb nikka rhetoric in there

I tried to school them idiots but :manny:

Now I’m jus addicted to the videos :beli:

This nikka “young Pharaoh” ... got on Velcro strap Gloves from Target... no hand wraps on... slips his hand down talking bout THIS IS HOW FURY DID IT!! :bryan:

“I weigh 152 N I punch harder than Fury”

**Post video clip of himself with running start N punches punching power machine :myman:**

“I’ll beat Tyson Fury :birdman:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I tried to school them idiots but :manny:

Now I’m jus addicted to the videos :beli:

This nikka “young Pharaoh” ... got on Velcro strap Gloves from Target... no hand wraps on... slips his hand down talking bout THIS IS HOW FURY DID IT!! :bryan:

“I weigh 152 N I punch harder than Fury”

**Post video clip of himself with running start N punches punching power machine :myman:**

“I’ll beat Tyson Fury :birdman:

:dead: i didnt even bother to school...i started clowning immediately once i peeped how the thread opened up

morris

Superstar
Daps

PositiveFluidEidolonhelvum-max-1mb.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Derrick James also said he would work with him if he wanted help.

Floyd's on his :troll: shyt, he's bragging and talking shyt at Wilder and his team at the same time :mjlol: He knows damn well Wilder won't abandon Jay Deas and Breland now that they announced Breland stays. And Floyd won't play in a team with other coaches, and damn sure won't be anyone's second.
Can you imagine Floyd in a role where he's there just to support someone from the corner? :comeon: I can't.

Besides that 4 months isn't enough for shyt, Wilder is 34 and he has been doing the same shyt the last 10 years. He improved on the delivery and set up of his right hand but basically he fights the same, he didn't learn a lot new wrinkles did he? He's not about to transform into a slick boxer or sharp counter-puncher by July.