Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Fury and AJ are the most complete HWs out, both can press and box too. Joshua is the more classically trained, more textbook but sometimes it shows that he hasn't started boxing until his late teens, he doesn't always look relaxed in there, especially when he tries to use his guard, he seems tensed up. Also being overeager and getting caught because of it. He's still learning though he becomes more and more analytical with plus experience, I don't think he's a finished product yet.

Ad for Fury he has it all, not as textbook as AJ, he has his unique shyt going on but it's not because he would be less skilled. As he said multiple times it's in his blood, travelers know this from the cradle, that's why Fury seems so loose and relaxed in there he never seems nervous or tensed up and that is a big advantage against anyone. Boxing is as natural to him as breathing, he just does it.

AJ has a big task in front of him, I'm curious what he would find out against Fury, how he'd approach him. Imo Fury just like most boxers don't like swarmers who force a higher than usual pace on him. I'm also curious how Fury would approach that fight, I doubt he would or could walk Joshua down the same way he did Wilder, AJ brings more to the table in the pocket, has a strong hook, uppercut, jab... and physically he's stronger than Wilder, wouldn't be bullied like that. Probably Fury would revert to his herky-jerky boxing style and AJ to his pressure fighting.

Last edited: