Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
well it looks like we will have to wait for otto wallin to see where he falls in the HW pecking order

Apti Davtaev vs. Lucas Browne on Showtime, Otto Wallin Injured
By Random Hits

Published On Wed Feb 26, 2020, 12:38 PM EST

Undefeated heavyweight power puncher Apti Davtaev will face veteran Lucas Browne in the 10-round co-main event of SHOWTIME BOXING: SPECIAL EDITION on Saturday, March 28, live on SHOWTIME (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT) in a Premier Boxing Champions event from Park Theater at Park MGM in Las Vegas. Davtaev replaces heavyweight contender Otto Wallin, who was forced to suspend training and withdraw from his scheduled bout due to an injury to his foot.

From Kurchaloi, Russia, Davtaev (20-0-1, 19 KOs) has earned a 90-percent knockout ratio with his aggressive style and devastating power. The athletic, 30-year-old has remained active since moving his camp to the United States in 2017 after signing with Salita Promotions. He trains at Kronk Gym in Detroit, Mich., under the tutelage of SugarHill Steward, nephew of legendary Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward.

"Otto suffered a minor injury and suspending training was the smart thing to do," said Wallin's promoter Dmitriy Salita. "He will be back in the ring in no time. Fortunately, Apti was in top shape and ready to go. He is a gifted heavyweight and he'll be on everyone's radar after March 28."

apti-davtaev_2.jpg

In his last outing on February 21, the six-foot-five-inch Davtaev handed previously unbeaten John Napari his first defeat with a vicious second-round knockout. A few weeks prior, on January 10, he scored an impressive third-round stoppage over veteran Keith Barr. This is his fifth start in the U.S. and first nationally televised bout.

Fighting out of New South Wales, Australia, Browne (29-2, 25 KOs) most recently scored a knockout victory over John Hopoate in November, his second win of 2019. He's won four of his last five bouts, with his only career losses coming to Dillian Whyte and David Allen in the U.K. Browne won his first 25 pro fights, including a stoppage of Ruslan Chagaev in 2016 to capture a WBA Heavyweight Championship. He will be making his U.S. debut.

The three-fight SHOWTIME BOXING: SPECIAL EDITION telecast features unbeaten former bantamweight world champion Luis Nery (30-0, 24 KOs) taking on undefeated contender Aaron Alameda (25-0, 13 KOs) in a WBC Super Bantamweight Title Eliminator main event. Rising light heavyweight prospects Joseph George (10-0, 6 KOs) and Marcos Escudero (10-1, 9 KOs) open the telecast with a 10-round rematch of their November ShoBox showdown that saw George win a narrow-split decision.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
If you were to rank hardest hitters at heavy weight currently how would you rank it

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Absolutely incorrect, but these kind of comments show the lack of boxing knowledge that makes many of the posts on here all make sense. Prime Chisora would destroy and knockout both of those, he gave Vitali a tough fight let alone those.
Stop it man. You watch boxing for 2 years and think you know shyt. Mals been watching boxing 3 times as long as you, and could easily son you on multiple boxing things.

Your whole thing here is to big up Euro.boxers, that's it. Learn more abt the world before some of your comments, one.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop it man. You watch boxing for 2 years and think you know shyt. Mals been watching boxing 3 times as long as you, and could easily son you on multiple boxing things.

Your whole thing here is to big up Euro.boxers, that's it. Learn more abt the world before some of your comments, one.

I've been watching boxing my whole life and actually boxed, very well. I could have done it as a career if I wanted to but I chose to do other things.

I'm sure you're the dude I saw in 1 of the threads that posted footage of yourself trying to box lmao. I didn't even wanna say anything cause I'm not a bully like that but you can't fight for shyt lmao. I had a good laugh at that, it's hilarious the dudes that can't box or fight at all trying but failing dismally yet act like they are experts. You're a punk and p*ssy, you shouldn't even be allowed to talk about boxing with how terrible you are. It was embarrassing.

It's also funny how all the cacs love to talk that Euro shyt, you clowns are hilarious. I know about boxers throughout the world and have spoke to several legends in the sport within the last week. We know way more than a guy who can't even throw a punch properly.

A lot of you are very ignorant about anything that happens outside of the U.S bubble, there's great fighters in the U.S but also around the world but you're clueless cause you're xenophobic like Trump so anything outside of your ignorance you have no idea about. I've followed many of these fighters for years so I've seen many of there fighters, in a lot cases all of them.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I've been watching boxing my whole life and actually boxed, very well. I could have done it as a career if I wanted to but I chose to do other things.

I'm sure you're the dude I saw in 1 of the threads that posted footage of yourself trying to box lmao. I didn't even wanna say anything cause I'm not a bully like that but you can't fight for shyt lmao. I had a good laugh at that, it's hilarious the dudes that can't box or fight at all trying but failing dismally yet act like they are experts. You're a punk and p*ssy, you shouldn't even be allowed to talk about boxing with how terrible you are. It was embarrassing.

It's also funny how all the cacs love to talk that Euro shyt, you clowns are hilarious. I know about boxers throughout the world and have spoke to several legends in the sport within the last week. We know way more than a guy who can't even throw a punch properly.

A lot of you are very ignorant about anything that happens outside of the U.S bubble, there's great fighters in the U.S but also around the world but you're clueless cause you're xenophobic like Trump so anything outside of your ignorance you have no idea about. I've followed many of these fighters for years so I've seen many of there fighters, in a lot cases all of them.
You dont come across as someone who's watched boxing your whole life and where are your videos showing you boxing? Yea I started a thread 4 years ago getting back into boxing after 8 years off. I guarantee you dont have any boxing vids online. No matter how good you were.

Furthermore, when you post about boxing---you come across as a dikk riding fsggot. The same way you do when you post about rap.

Please do us all a favor and take your euro loving paragraphs to eastsideboxing, where theres 100s of lames like you.

Lastly, my boxing opinion is universally respected, on this board, in real life, Twitter anyplace else.

Oh I'm a punk and a p*ssy? Come show me then. I live in Golden, Colorado and I'll get you a plane ticket here.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If you were to rank hardest hitters at heavy weight currently how would you rank it

AJ
Ruiz
Wilder
Whyte

I'm basing if off of how effective their power is at the top level since you usually have to push a lil harder to stop better fighters.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
People dont understand boxing......People was saying Fury struggled vs Wallin Fury aint shyt......We'll that same Fury boxed Wilder up the first match, after losing 100 pounds, rushed, and off the top level.....Vs Wallin Fury was still trying to find his ring the right body weight, work off rust and such.....Therefore Wilder never stood a chance in fight 2 from those facts
I'd say fury barely trained for otto