Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Listening to 78 splaining right now and according to him Wilder is pissed at Breland for throwing the towel and that someone from Kronk told Breland to stop it

It’s all about the narratives nowadays. They tried to create fake controversy about the count in the first fight, with moderate sussess, it won’t work now. Fury beat him pillar to post.

Don’t think Wilder will ever be the same. Guys who build themselves up on being intimidating and/or super confident are rarely the same after such a humiliation on a big stage. Kovalev was never the same after Ward was done with him either. He was still very good and all but you could just feel something has gone from him, a part of his soul. And that was Kovalev, a qualified, skilled boxer who could still fall back on his boxing if nothing else. Now I don’t know what Wilder will fall back on if his soul is gone.
And now other potential opponents see him as mark cause they saw what pressure does to him. He couldn’t do shyt about it, he was going backwards, straight. And Fury didn’t even come in with crazy headmovement, bobbing and weaving or anything, he just walked him the fukk down and roughed him up. You might have to say goodbye to the Wilder you knew so far.

I’d like to enjoy more that what I said came true and no man can be successful solely off of power in this sport (a thing many fans forget time to time) but after a humiliation like that I actually start to feel sorry for both Wilder and delusional stans who got their world shattered too on Saturday.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Exactly. That was on its way to getting very ugly. Not only did Wilder not have any legs, he’s just not skilled enough to stop or even slowdown an onslaught like that.

Jay Deas and Shelley Finkel should be ashamed of themselves for acting like Mark did something wrong.

I have more respect for 78 than Barbershop and these other clowns. He admitted Fury had a game plan and executed to perfection.

These other guys are saying Fury cheated, he choked Wilder, etc. The reason Wilder refuses to add anything to his skill set is because of idiots like Barbershop Conversations making excuses for him and calling him a legendary heavyweight already. He felt like he didn’t need to eat right, adjust his game plan, or stay in shape for this fight because he has nothing but yes men around him.

Fury came in in the best shape of his life, had a game plan, and even ate 2 right hands from Wilder. He trained like a world champion and performed like one.

No doubt. It's crazy, but not shocking, to see Wilder have NO survival skills but I guess that's expected cause like Andre Ward said....he never had to do it before as far as being in a position of getting his ass whooped and having to fight or survive through that. Even with the onslaught from Ortiz in the first first, the bell saved him and Ortiz didn't push the issue the following round. I mean no matter what he did to try and survive Saturday night, he was destined to lose but to see the utter lack of even ATTEMPTING to do SOMETHING different was ridiculous. It took till round 6 for him to throw, and i could be wrong, his first uppercut and that was only after Fury smothered him and threw one first and it was like Wilder thought "oh shyt, i forgot about that kind of punch!!!".

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
He never was, P

Respectfully, he never was.
Of course he never was realistically. But remember, Floyd built up his undefeated record so much that people started always bringing it up. And now because of that, anybody that has an 0 on their record it's definitely touted. Floyd knows this too. A fighter being able to go undefeated hurts him regardless of how good that fighter is.

Either way, Floyd is not being sincere. Anything he says is calculated, especially when it comes to praising other fighters. Why do you think you always picks fighters that he beat to win their future fights? There's a reason he always picks Canelo to win. Because he knows that every W Canelo adds to his resume makes Floyd's resume look even better by proxy

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the only other takeaway with wilder losing is no more stupid comparisons to Iron Mike...i hope to never see or hear that BS again

Mike showing us he can still pivot at age 53 and having the ppl he demonstrates on legit shook and in awe >>>>>> Wilder's current ring ability

morris

Superstar
Daps

"Let's see who the real guv-nuh is.":russ::russ:

Them nikkaz STAYED SLANDERING AJ all over their pages, specifically 78sportstv, and that nikka was damn near bout to cry after Wilder got his ass whooped.

:mjlol:

While I always have and always will hate how a white fighter is exalted each and every time they do something that other fighters do, especially in combat sports, race never has and never will determine the best.

It's a combination of things like skill, will, experience, and as always a little luck.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Of course he never was realistically. But remember, Floyd built up his undefeated record so much that people started always bringing it up. And now because of that, anybody that has an 0 on their record it's definitely touted. Floyd knows this too. A fighter being able to go undefeated hurts him regardless of how good that fighter is.

Either way, Floyd is not being sincere. Anything he says is calculated, especially when it comes to praising other fighters. Why do you think you always picks fighters that he beat to win their future fights? There's a reason he always picks Canelo to win. Because he knows that every W Canelo adds to his resume makes Floyd's resume look even better by proxy

Facts

Remember Floyd is the only person who thought Cotto/Trout was competitive and should have been closer on the cards :hhh: (Everyone else saw Cotto struggle to win 2 rounds)

That nikka definitely knows boxing, but his agenda trumps his knowledge in most instances, so its not worth getting his opinion. :manny:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
There's a reason he always picks Canelo to win. Because he knows that every W Canelo adds to his resume makes Floyd's resume look even better by proxy

Facts

Remember Floyd is the only person who thought Cotto/Trout was competitive and should have been closer on the cards :hhh: (Everyone else saw Cotto struggle to win 2 rounds)

That nikka definitely knows boxing, but his agenda trumps his knowledge in most instances, so its not worth getting his opinion. :manny:

I mean he said that on Drink Champs. That the reason why he doesn't down anybody that he's ever fought and always says "he's a helluva fighter" is because then people will be like "well you beat nothing but scrubs, how can you beat TBE" or something to that effect.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I mean he said that on Drink Champs. That the reason why he doesn't down anybody that he's ever fought and always says "he's a helluva fighter" is because then people will be like "well you beat nothing but scrubs, how can you beat TBE" or something to that effect.

Yeah but that has nothing to do with how he scores fights tho.

You don't have to call Cotto a bum to realize Trout dominated him in that fight

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Floyd a piece of shyt Person but... he been saying Wilder skill set is trash N was telling Paulie early in fight 1 I told you so when Fury was outboxin him

The IG post is actually something a decent person would do... the more Floyd thing to do woulda been I told you so N victory lap on social media like Atlas did

:manny: