Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like how they both seem to want the fight and not fukking around. With that said I think it’s almost guaranteed there will be a rubber match as needless as it seems to be (Fury is 2-0 in my book). Wilder is too proud to let this go and I can't hate on that even though I think he loses again.
And other than Wilder's pride I'm pretty sure PBC/Haymon will push for it too. Wilder is 34 and to somehow get back into the HW picture it's crucial for PBC to try their luck again with Wilder and do it immediately. With Wilder's power there's always some chance of him winning even if Fury would be the comprehensive favorite in the rubber match and Wilder is PBC's biggest name right now (Spence coming second). So I think if there's a way (and with the contract there is) they won't let their star fighter go out before they'd try it one last time. Maybe if Wilder would be a few years younger they would advise him to lay back a little, rebuild and try again later but at 34 time is not on his side not even in HW.

Yeah I think it’s most likely they take the rematch, with power he will always have a punchers chance, it’s too much money to pass up. From what Shelly said it sounds like he’s gonna make him take it anyway.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
DA84779-E-05-AC-4-AE7-B03-F-7-B39-D7-EB70-A9.jpg
That blue/purple shyt in his hair is bugging the shyt out of me :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So Wilder basically wanted his trainer to let him get permanently damaged? He couldn’t even defend himself

sometimes you have to save a fighter from themselves..mark being a former fighter knew the deal because fury is a 270 pound man who was teeing off on him helpless in the corner when the towel was thrown...he should be applauded...plus we had multiple ring deaths last year which wilder himself acknowledged...it wasnt his night

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sometimes you have to save a fighter from themselves..mark being a former fighter knew the deal because fury is a 270 pound man who was teeing off on him helpless in the corner when the towel was thrown...he should be applauded...plus we had multiple ring deaths last year which wilder himself acknowledged...it wasnt his night
Exactly. That was on its way to getting very ugly. Not only did Wilder not have any legs, he’s just not skilled enough to stop or even slowdown an onslaught like that.

Jay Deas and Shelley Finkel should be ashamed of themselves for acting like Mark did something wrong.
Them nikkaz STAYED SLANDERING AJ all over their pages, specifically 78sportstv, and that nikka was damn near bout to cry after Wilder got his ass whooped.

:mjlol:

I have more respect for 78 than Barbershop and these other clowns. He admitted Fury had a game plan and executed to perfection.

These other guys are saying Fury cheated, he choked Wilder, etc. The reason Wilder refuses to add anything to his skill set is because of idiots like Barbershop Conversations making excuses for him and calling him a legendary heavyweight already. He felt like he didn’t need to eat right, adjust his game plan, or stay in shape for this fight because he has nothing but yes men around him.

Fury came in in the best shape of his life, had a game plan, and even ate 2 right hands from Wilder. He trained like a world champion and performed like one.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jose Ramirez vs Viktor Postol rescheduled for May 9 in Fresno
The 140-pound title fight will headline on ESPN.

Unified WBC and WBO junior welterweight titleholder Jose Ramirez will make a rescheduled defense against WBC mandatory challenger Viktor Postol on May 9 in Fresno, according to ESPN.

The fight was originally scheduled for Feb. 1 in China, but was canceled due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak. The May 9 date also means that Ramirez and WBA/IBF titleholder Josh Taylor likely would be right on line for a meeting later this year should both win. Taylor is reportedly set to face Apinun Khongsong on May 2 in Glasgow, and both fighters are with Top Rank.

Ramirez, 27, is from nearby Avenal, California, and has fought eight times as a pro in Fresno, becoming a reliable live draw there. He won the WBC belt in Mar. 2018, beating Amir Imam for the vacant strap, and added the WBO title with a thrilling win over Maurice Hooker last July.

Postol, 36, is still a viable contender, though he’s probably past his best days. The former titleholder had a big win over Lucas Matthysse in 2015, but lost his WBC belt in a unification fight with Terence Crawford nine months later in 2016. He’s 3-1 since then, losing to Taylor in 2018, and beating Mohamed Mimoune in an eliminator in April of last year.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. That was on its way to getting very ugly. Not only did Wilder not have any legs, he’s just not skilled enough to stop or even slowdown an onslaught like that.

Jay Deas and Shelley Finkel should be ashamed of themselves for acting like Mark did something wrong.

I have more respect for 78 than Barbershop and these other clowns. He admitted Fury had a game plan and executed to perfection.

These other guys are saying Fury cheated, he choked Wilder, etc. The reason Wilder refuses to add anything to his skill set is because of idiots like Barbershop Conversations making excuses for him and calling him a legendary heavyweight already. He felt like he didn’t need to eat right, adjust his game plan, or stay in shape for this fight because he has nothing but yes men around him.

Fury came in in the best shape of his life, had a game plan, and even ate 2 right hands from Wilder. He trained like a world champion and performed like one.

Thats the thing the first fight ended in a draw but the way Fury made adjustments you would have thought he lost the first fight and Wilder didnt make any adjustments for the rematch

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Wilder basically wanted his trainer to let him get permanently damaged? He couldn’t even defend himself

Wilder and his corner all need to sit down and have a private conversation