Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
NrM1ycC_d.jpg

:mjlol: yeah that forum is terrible.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Bro if Bud wouldn't have already been entertaining it I wouldn't have suggested it. Brook would be an easy break in fight at 154 considering he is considered damaged goods and a natural 147 fighter... but nah Crawford will fight another bum instead of fighting any proven fighter... again.

:mjpls: you aint answer the question
NrM1ycC_d.jpg

Porter would STRUGGLE against every last one of them.. He is not a good fighter

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
NrM1ycC_d.jpg

That comment is a reach but Benavidez, Mean Machine and probably Horn would be "good scrap" status where I wouldn't bet confidentially on anyone winning
Porter kind been overrated since Spence underachieved against him.
He's a fine fighter with a rugged style but he's looked vulnerable and a clear level below elite in alot of his fights

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's quite ironic how GRJ talks down on someone though as dude only fights 1/year and seemingly his motivation doesn't match his talent.
With that said it would be a good fight, any of them would lose I'd be satisfied :russ:
GRJ has the better skills imo and seems to have the better stamina too, aside the obvious handspeed advatange but Tank holds the size and power advantage. Would be an interesting fight where I give GRJ a good shot to beat Tank if he can transition well to 135. Tank looked uninspiring against a shot Gamboa and while he won most of the rounds his conditioning seemed bad, he looked all kinds of sloppy after like round 4-5. GRJ is at his sharpest in the early rounds too but he doesn't fade as bad as Tank in the latter half.

Key questions:
Will GRJ's power be enough at 135 to keep Davis at least honest?
How will Davis crack GRJ's defense if he can't surprise him with something big in the first few rounds? If he can't he might as well loses cause GRJ has a higher work rate.
Will GRJ try to make a fight of it like he did yesterday in the last few rounds? That could give an extra chance to Davis.

Good fight. I'd still like the best if PBC would work with others more regularly and match these dudes against the top guys of their actual, current divisions, let them be with any promoter (GRJ - Stevenson, Warrington, Can, Galahad. LSC - Berchelt, Diaz, Farmer, Herring. Tank - Loma, Lopez, Haney, Campbell, Fortuna, Garcia) but if they really MUST fight in-house I'd be okay with these 3 fighting each other. Davis would have the advantage that the others would have to move up to meet him which also makes him the one who's got the most to lose but it is what it is.

I'll give GRJ the benefit of the doubt on the once a year thing. He's calling people out explicitly. If dudes on his own platform won't accept explicit requests for fights I could see him just falling back and fighting his mandatories only if that's his mentality. Also he fought Loma and seemed really interested in fighting Farmer before he lost. If he could get top level competition he might actually fight multiple times a year, somebody has to pull his card on that and accept a fight :manny:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
That comment is a reach but Benavidez, Mean Machine and probably Horn would be "good scrap" status where I wouldn't bet confidentially on anyone winning
Porter kind been overrated since Spence underachieved against him.
He's a fine fighter with a rugged style but he's looked vulnerable and a clear level below elite in alot of his fights

Yeah, Benavidez mad underrated. Crawford v Benavidez was one of the better wins from Crawford.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
It’s funny, as much as I disagree, I can’t be mad if someone feels this way, based on the way Porter has fought against lower tier guys.

That’s why I think he should only take fights he can get up for.
Right.. Like we supposed to forget this the same guy that drawed vs Julio Diaz, got dropped by AB, and went life n death with Adrian Grenados :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Josh Warrington vs. Shakur Stevenson Talks Hit a Snag
By Ron Lewis

Published On Sun Feb 9, 2020, 05:06 PM EST

Talks for a world featherweight title unification fight between Josh Warrington and Shakur Stevenson have ground to a standstill after the American turned down an offer for the fight to place in Leeds in May in favour of making a defence of his WBO title in New York in March.

Stevenson was calling out Warrington, the IBF champion, long before he won his world title. But when offered the chance for the fight to take place on May 16 at Elland Road, the home ground of Leeds United, Stevenson chose the other option of facing former Vassily Lomachenko victim Miguel Marriaga at the Madison Square Garden Theater on March 14.

“It’s at an impasse,” Frank Warren, Warrington’s promoter, said when asked about the prospects of the fight still going ahead. “He chose another fight.”

warrington-stevenson.jpg

If Stevenson believes the fight could just be salvaged for another date, he could be disappointed, as ticket sales played a significant part in making the fight viable and Elland Road is unlikely to be available again until next year.

A combination of the expected Anthony Joshua-Kubrat Pulev fight and the European Football Championships effectively make another pay-per-view in June early July unlikely, while Leeds United are on target for their first return to the Premier League since. That season would kick-off on August 8 and the club would not risk any damage to the pitch in the weeks up to that.

The fight at Elland Road could draw a potential crowd of 30,000, while the First Direct Arena has a capacity of only 13,000.

All of which could have Warrington looking elsewhere for a unification fight.

this is awful...126 like 130.just doesnt like to unify

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Honestly how this fight goes I can only really determine after monster's next fight in april..cuz monster has shown he has no problem escalating a fight into a super fade with noted punchers at the expense of damage. Rigo showed flashes of the style this past weekend that made him great but also showed his chin is really not up there..esp dropping to 118 at allegedly 39. Monster hits way too hard and fast for me to think he wont catch Rigo..but Rigo still has a left hand from hell

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I think Porter is Tailor made for Horn.........:manny:

Unfortunately Horn is in divisions he has no business at........

Porter kinds of fight down to the level of his competition, even after dominating Spence off my eye, its hard to erase the Granados fight
Yet people talk about Swift beating Red Cac from pillar to post:hubie:

SN: No Swift kicked Porters ass mentions, not on that subject, but he did:francis: