Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

if tank saw the fight last night he should be all on this match
King tug said GRJ had no power (despite him being paralyzed by GRJ speed for like 10 rounds :francis:)
The “he has no fan base” excuse in this instance makes zero sense, glad GRJ pointed that out

It's quite ironic how GRJ talks down on someone though as dude only fights 1/year and seemingly his motivation doesn't match his talent.
With that said it would be a good fight, any of them would lose I'd be satisfied :russ:
GRJ has the better skills imo and seems to have the better stamina too, aside the obvious handspeed advatange but Tank holds the size and power advantage. Would be an interesting fight where I give GRJ a good shot to beat Tank if he can transition well to 135. Tank looked uninspiring against a shot Gamboa and while he won most of the rounds his conditioning seemed bad, he looked all kinds of sloppy after like round 4-5. GRJ is at his sharpest in the early rounds too but he doesn't fade as bad as Tank in the latter half.

Key questions:
Will GRJ's power be enough at 135 to keep Davis at least honest?
How will Davis crack GRJ's defense if he can't surprise him with something big in the first few rounds? If he can't he might as well loses cause GRJ has a higher work rate.
Will GRJ try to make a fight of it like he did yesterday in the last few rounds? That could give an extra chance to Davis.

Good fight. I'd still like the best if PBC would work with others more regularly and match these dudes against the top guys of their actual, current divisions, let them be with any promoter (GRJ - Stevenson, Warrington, Can, Galahad. LSC - Berchelt, Diaz, Farmer, Herring. Tank - Loma, Lopez, Haney, Campbell, Fortuna, Garcia) but if they really MUST fight in-house I'd be okay with these 3 fighting each other. Davis would have the advantage that the others would have to move up to meet him which also makes him the one who's got the most to lose but it is what it is.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I will say it again grj too talented to fight once a year
im just happy he's a consistent source of excellence..in 2020 3 of my front line stalwarts are champions and are doing their thing :obama:

although i do need more fighters that i cosign to become champs...havent had that in a while

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Leo and tank for GRJ makes sense haney too big that'll be an awful fight

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: What does Brook bring to the table for Bud to move up to a 4th division??

Bro if Bud wouldn't have already been entertaining it I wouldn't have suggested it. Brook would be an easy break in fight at 154 considering he is considered damaged goods and a natural 147 fighter... but nah Crawford will fight another bum instead of fighting any proven fighter... again.