Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i dont think you got the example. Femi went out and washed Ruiz in the rematch with the scores reflecting it. No one at the point had beaten Ruiz that decisively. Canelo won a 2 point MD where ppl think he still lost :heh:..and believe me there are more examples of a fighter getting ko'ed and coming back to win by a decisive decision in the rematch...J rock has to humble himself and make proper adjustments..else he gets ruined by rosario (see salido vs juanma)

Facts......

but it all comes down to Jrock being a B level fighter that fought above his head once (Hurd) but can't seem to keep on doing it in order to stake his claim as elite.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
i dont think you got the example. Femi went out and washed Ruiz in the rematch with the scores reflecting it. No one at the point had beaten Ruiz that decisively. Canelo won a 2 point MD where ppl think he still lost :heh:..and believe me there are more examples of a fighter getting ko'ed and coming back to win by a decisive decision in the rematch...J rock has to humble himself and make proper adjustments..else he gets ruined by rosario (see salido vs juanma)

Ruiz only fought one other decent fighter in Parker...
Nelo beat GGG ass scorecards be damned..

Well his trainer wants him to go out and get the KO..:hubie:obviously he feel like it’s more to gain by making a statement than just boxing their way to a comfortable win.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Breadman on J-Rock loss..

“I may get overruled on this, I don’t know. But for me, being able to go to sleep at night, and for what I believe Julian is that he got to get that loss the fukk back, Mike. And I don’t care who don’t like this. He got to fight that kid again, he got to knock that kid out. And if he don’t, I’m going to be disappointed in him.

“And I’ve made it as clear as I can, and I don’t know if it’s going to be next or whatever. He got to get that kid back. He cannot go out in his career end losing to that kid. I’m just sorry. You know Jermall Charlo I can accept that a little bit. That guy might go to the hall of fame. We could say we was a little young at the time, he caught Julian with a great shot (in round 5 of their December 2016 scrap). This fight, I can’t stomach that. I’m serious, I just can’t.”

How do y’all feel about that statement. I agree with bread tho. He knows how boxing goes and especially as much shyt they talked about Hurd they got to run it back and go out with a bang. It’s interesting that he ain’t going for the AJ game plan when he got KO’D by a scrub. Bread know that Jrock got to stop that fool and look impressive while doing it. Yea maybe Jrock need to just box from the outside but even his trainer knows that he got to avenge that shyt with a KO. No if and buts about it:manny:
Terrible gameplan. Williams tried to stand and trade, Rosario got the better of it. Why try the same shyt that got you knocked out again? He’s saying he’d be disappointed in J Rock if he’d go on to lose a rematch yet he’s planning the same shyt that got Williams knocked out. If he tries to slug and gets knocked out again Bread should rather be disappointed in himself as a trainer

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Terrible gameplan. Williams tried to stand and trade, Rosario got the better of it. Why try the same shyt that got you knocked out again? He’s saying he’d be disappointed in J Rock if he’d go on to lose a rematch yet he’s planning the same shyt that got Williams knocked out. If he tries to slug and gets knocked out again Bread should rather be disappointed in himself as a trainer

thats ego talking for bread...i know he got mad emails about it in this mailbag..j rock looked like he went 12 rounds in that 5 round beating...i would think that would cause some concern that a change is needed lol

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA

Honestly I think he means KO and or physically dominate to be fair. Not just win fighting from the outside all safe.:manny:

Regardless JRock got nothing to lose..he got to go out there and prove he ain’t China chinned...people looking at him like he food:manny:. The narrative is out there. I guess he want Jrock to go out there and go against it.

Pride is a hell of a drug. You seen what Bradley did to prove a point

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
thats ego talking for bread...i know he got mad emails about it in this mailbag..j rock looked like he went 12 rounds in that 5 round beating...i would think that would cause some concern that a change is needed lol

Bread mailbag fell off right after that fight. :mjlol:
Its like dude purposely be picking the most uninteresting emails to respond too.

They need to formulate a plan in the rematch that allows Jrock to break Rosario down for the late stoppage like most nikkas predicted he'd do in the first fight (not me though, I know Jrock aint knocking out shyt) The way nikkas be getting robbed, ain't nothing wrong with aiming for a KO. Fury doing that right now. Its just that you gotta be smart about it and with Jrock chin he need to be highly intelligent damn near genius about it.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Has anyone here followed Rosario like that? Are we sure Williams can even outbox him? It was only a couple of rounds but Rosario seemed competitive from the gate. The way Rosario was patient and set up the uppercut before the ref stopped it showed me he ain't just some dumb power zombie.
If Rosario can cut off the ring is it just a given that Williams can box his head off for 12 rounds without feeling the power. The two times Williams got knocked out it was in the first half of the fight, if the opponent power effects him I don't have much confidence in him surviving 12.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Has anyone here followed Rosario like that? Are we sure Williams can even outbox him? It was only a couple of rounds but Rosario seemed competitive from the gate. The way Rosario was patient and set up the uppercut before the ref stopped it showed me he ain't just some dumb power zombie.
If Rosario can cut off the ring is it just a given that Williams can box his head off for 12 rounds without feeling the power. The two times Williams got knocked out it was in the first half of the fight, if the opponent power effects him I don't have much confidence in him surviving 12.

the only fight i remember from dude was he took jamontay clark's zero on a PBC on fs1 card..knocked him outta the ring..one of the PBC's better offerings..however that fight and the whole card got upstaged by that infamous curtis harper incident lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He STILL fighting??

Trash fight
honestly i have no problem with that fight because it gives me a better gauge on where wallin falls...i honestly dont know how to rate him

if he beats browne, he's at least a competent heavy...if he struggles or loses to him then eye raised at him AND at fury for having another career mode glitch

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
JRock Tried to Outbox Rosario.... Rosario jab was better N JRock didn’t kno wtf to do after that

Then Jrock got caught with a jab N flew across the ring arms flailing
giphy.gif

Bread ego goin get JRock hurt

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Pride is a hell of a drug. You seen what Bradley did to prove a point

Bradley’s got the chin to boot though and he was a craftier dude. Also for all his wildness at times he knew/felt when to fall back and box for some rounds. The slugfest rounds are the most memorable from his fight with Provo but he won that fight in the rounds where he boxed Provodnikov up from instinct in a concussed state.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Breadman on J-Rock loss..

“I may get overruled on this, I don’t know. But for me, being able to go to sleep at night, and for what I believe Julian is that he got to get that loss the fukk back, Mike. And I don’t care who don’t like this. He got to fight that kid again, he got to knock that kid out. And if he don’t, I’m going to be disappointed in him.

“And I’ve made it as clear as I can, and I don’t know if it’s going to be next or whatever. He got to get that kid back. He cannot go out in his career end losing to that kid. I’m just sorry. You know Jermall Charlo I can accept that a little bit. That guy might go to the hall of fame. We could say we was a little young at the time, he caught Julian with a great shot (in round 5 of their December 2016 scrap). This fight, I can’t stomach that. I’m serious, I just can’t.”

How do y’all feel about that statement. I agree with bread tho. He knows how boxing goes and especially as much shyt they talked about Hurd they got to run it back and go out with a bang. It’s interesting that he ain’t going for the AJ game plan when he got KO’D by a scrub. Bread know that Jrock got to stop that fool and look impressive while doing it. Yea maybe Jrock need to just box from the outside but even his trainer knows that he got to avenge that shyt with a KO. No if and buts about it:manny:
I understand why he feels this way. Will make it more entertaining not the smartest thing though

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shakur Stevenson vs, Miguel Marriaga - Official For March 14
By Random Hits

Published On Tue Feb 4, 2020, 03:04 PM EST

Shakur Stevenson, the 22-year-old phenom on the cusp of pound-for-pound greatness, will make the first defense of his WBO featherweight world title Saturday, March 14, against three-time world title challenger Miguel “Escorpión” Marriaga at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden.

The Stevenson-Marriaga co-feature will see former junior featherweight world champion Jessie Magdaleno fight the unbeaten Sakaria Lukas in a 10-round featherweight showdown. Stevenson-Marriaga and Magdaleno-Lukas will be televised LIVE on ESPN and ESPN Deportes beginning at 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT.

Promoted by Top Rank, tickets for Stevenson-Marriaga are priced at $200, $100, $70, $40 and $30 (not including applicable fees) and go on sale Friday, Feb. 7 at 12 p.m. ET. Tickets can be purchased at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.MSG.com.

shakur-stevenson%20(2)_12.jpg

Stevenson (13-0, 7 KOs), the pride of “Brick City”, Newark, N.J., was the first male boxer from the 2016 Rio Olympics to win a professional world title. Last October, he bested Joet Gonzalez via unanimous decision to win the vacant WBO featherweight world title. The Gonzalez win punctuated a banner year for the Olympic silver medalist, who also defeated former world title challenger Christopher “Pitufo” Diaz on the Terence Crawford-Amir Khan PPV undercard. Last July, he headlined an ESPN telecast in front of an adoring hometown crowd of more than 5,000 at Prudential Center, knocking out Alberto Guevara in three rounds.

Marriaga (29-3, 25 KOs), one of the division’s hardest punchers, is hoping the fourth time's a charm. He fell short in previous world title challenges against Vasiliy Lomachenko, Oscar Valdez and Nicholas Walters, but he’s riding a four-bout winning streak (all by KO). He last fought in December 2019, knocking out Alfredo Mejia Vargas with a body shot. A native of Arjona, Colombia, he’s been scouting Stevenson as a potential foe.

Magdaleno (27-1, 18 KOs) is 2-0 as a featherweight since losing his junior featherweight world title to Isaac Dogboe in one of the best fights of 2018. A native of Las Vegas, he is coming off a unanimous technical decision over Rafael Rivera last August in Los Angeles. Lukas (23-0, 16 KOs), from Namibia, is one boxing’s best-kept secrets, a nine-year pro who has three knockouts in his last four fights.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conlan vs. Preciado, Mayer vs. Hernandez Double on March 17
By Random Hits

Published On Tue Feb 4, 2020, 03:08 PM EST

On March 17, Irish featherweight Michael “Mick” Conlan will make his annual St. Patrick’s Day pilgrimage at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in a 10-rounder against hard-charging Colombian veteran Belmar Preciado.

Conlan-Preciado and a 10-round female super featherweight showdown between the unbeaten Mikaela Mayer and former featherweight world champion Melissa Hernandez will stream live in English and Spanish on ESPN+ beginning at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Promoted by Top Rank, tickets for Conlan-Preciado cards are priced at $200, $100, $70, $40 and $30 (not including applicable fees) and go on sale Friday, Feb. 7 at 12 p.m. ET. Tickets can be purchased at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.MSG.com.

michael-conlan%20(8).JPG

Conlan (13-0, 7 KOs) has made Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden his professional home, as he turned pro in front of a sold-out St. Patrick’s Day crowd there back in 2017. In the years since, he has graduated from prospect to contender, as he’s the No. 1 contender for the title held by Stevenson. He went 3-0 in 2019, including a decision win in December over Olympic nemesis Vladimir Nikitin. Preciado (20-2-1, 13 KOs) will be making his third ring appearance outside of his native Colombia, and he has won two in a row since a KO loss to former world title challenger Hiroshige Osawa.

Mayer (12-0, 5 KOs), who turned pro in August 2017 after representing the United States at the 2016 Rio Olympics, has been dominant in the paid ranks. One of the 130-pound division’s top contenders, she last fought Oct. 26 on the Shakur Stevenson-Joet Gonzalez undercard, knocking out Alejandra Zamora in six rounds. Hernandez (23-7-3, 7 KOs), winner of four of her last five, won the WBC female featherweight world title in 2012. Last April, she dominated then-unbeaten Selina Barrios over eight rounds.