Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Coud give a fukk about a build up if the fight is a stinker, Canelo vs Smith > Canelo vs BJS as far as entertainment goes.
It's not that I don't want to see the BJSs of the world in good fights, I want to see all the top fighters fight each other but both BJS and Callum Smith are around a similar level.
Been saying canelo v callum with andrade v bjs on under card that way they can build up the winners fighiting eachother. Bjs andrade probably be too safe of a fight that it might actually kill off some hype though.

Canelo v bjs/andrade in sept

Canelo v murata at 164 in dec

Have charlo face dervy and eubanks this year to build his profile

Canelo v charlo for wbc mw title in may 2021

:wow:

Or just fukk MW all together and have a 168 super series

Andrade v bjs for WBO
canelo v smith for WBA
Charlo v benavidez for WBC
Ggg v plant for IBF

Undisputed for cinco de mayo 2021 :wow:

Jacobs can fight eubanks to keep occupied

How do yall see this supposed tournament playing out?

And what would yall schedule look like if you had full control as matchmaker?

Edit: fukk it, i made a thread on this.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/168-wbss.759394/

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Been saying canelo v callum with andrade v bjs on under card that way they can build up the winners fighiting eachother. Bjs andrade probably be too safe of a fight that it might actually kill off some hype though.

Andrade v bjs for WBO
canelo v smith for WBA
Ggg v plant for IBF

Canelo probably takes it all

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I think it is, that's like 3-4 months, I heard he's working with Teddy Atlas, not sure if it's true but what I've heard. I'm not mad though, it's a risky fight for Andy, but it's very high reward, if he beats Whyte the WBC number 1 he's right back at the top in 1 fight, it also makes a 3rd fight with AJ much more likely down the line because AJ will fight Whyte again 1 day, he will probably move ahead of him in the que if he beat him. It's possible too, if I was in Andy's team I'd want him to take the fight cause it's a fight I'd feel like he could win and it would put him right back at the top, if he beats Whyte then it's only really Fury, Wilder and AJ that are above him clearly, he may get Whyte's mandatory to fight for WBC and he'd put himself firmly in the top 5, it would be a massive win. It would make a fight vs Wilder or AJ much more appealing, Wilder don't wanna fight him now he says and AJ has so many others he wants and needs to fight, but that win would put him right back in a prominent position.

For Whyte I think it's a terrible fight, I respect the fact they wanted it and wanted a tough fight but being the mandatory to risk his position against such a good fighter to me seems like madness. I guess he must want the money that would come with it. It's a fight that would be exciting and I'd like to see as a fan but if I was his manager it would seem pointless at this stage, 1 day yes but not when he's supposed to fight for a world title in like a year now, which will fly by. Povetkin is a better fight because it's a tough credible opponent but would be untrue to say he isn't on the decline. Povetkin has maybe gone from a 9 out of 10 fighter to a 7.5 now. Whyte in shape should be beating him, if he comes in in the shape he did for his last fight he'll lose but if he comes in in proper shape he should be beating him but it has enough genuine risk to make it interesting cause Povetkin can punch and they say the power is the last thing to go. Povetkin was a high level boxer, he's still good and would beat most, a legit top 15 still. It's a fight he should win though and Povetkin has some good name value so would be a PPV in U.K and do well with a dope undercard. Then I'd like to see him fight a bigger guy, someone like Zhang or Wallin to get prepared for a Wilder of Fury, so he can get used to fighting someone of that stature, 6'5 and above. I don't think he needs any hugely dangerous fights till then cause the fight he wants more than anyone or anything else is Wilder for WBC belt (if he still has it then) but that's the fight everybody wants to see him in. So he shouldn't risk it too much when he has that shot waiting within a year.

Ruiz vs Whyte would have been a great fight though, I would have respected it, a win for Whyte would have made his resume even more impressive, I guess that's why he wanted it. There's talk maybe he will fight him after Povetkin and after whoever Ruiz fights next, I wouldn't bother if I was Whyte though. I'd fight him after the WBC shot instead. Would be a fight I'd consider a 50/50.

Ruiz turning it down I don't blame him, in his position I would have gambled but if he wants to ease himself back in so be it. I don't think either are shook of eachother, maybe Ruiz got advice to go a different path.
Whyte wants the fight in April, Ruiz proposed the fight happen in June. Both sides rejected the others counter offers.

Povetkin is not the better fight. Povetkin is old and speaks no English. Criteria that Whyte said for a fight.

Ruiz right now is looked at as much more marquee and brings a better fan base and new challenge for Whyte other than just fighting in England again. He’s going to fight Wilder in the states why not get warmed up first.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

Andrade v bjs for WBO
canelo v smith for WBA
Ggg v plant for IBF

Edit: fukk it, i made a thread on this.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/168-wbss.759394/
The bolded is so much better than what we will get. That would give us enough fades for 4 years

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whyte wants the fight in April, Ruiz proposed the fight happen in June. Both sides rejected the others counter offers.

Povetkin is not the better fight. Povetkin is old and speaks no English. Criteria that Whyte said for a fight.

Ruiz right now is looked at as much more marquee and brings a better fan base and new challenge for Whyte other than just fighting in England again. He’s going to fight Wilder in the states why not get warmed up first.

Whyte should definitely try get out as soon as possible. Was very unfit last time and needs to be a lot sharper. He was horribly out of shape.

I didn’t say Povetkin was the better fight, Ruiz is the better fight. I’m saying it makes no sense from a manager’s perspective to fight Ruiz, it’s high risk with the only reward being some extra money, to risk his position in such a difficult fight after waiting so long doesn’t make sense to me. He must have wanted the money and the challenge. At least against Povetkin it’s credible but he’s a stronger favourite, Povetkin is good still but he isn’t what he was, Whyte in shape would be a stronger favourite than he would be against Ruiz which is probably a 50/50 fight.

The Povetkin fight might be in U.S too, hasn’t been decided yet I don’t think. I think Whyte will probably have 2 more fights before he gets his shot anyway.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Keith’s right. I just hate how you can’t see both sides of the coin. Bud signed his prime away with Bob l to be in a lonely island to fight jobbers and potential guys at 140 moving up. TRs business model usually has been just one Star in a division feasting on Mid tier guys for the most part, maybe getting one or two 50-50 fights in that span.

Bud isn’t stupid to not notice that. If that’s why he decided to rock with Top Rank , we’ll never know. It’s all pure speculation. Get that money black man .