Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Keith’s right. I just hate how you can’t see both sides of the coin. Bud signed his prime away with Bob l to be in a lonely island to fight jobbers and potential guys at 140 moving up. TRs business model usually has been just one Star in a division feasting on Mid tier guys for the most part, maybe getting one or two 50-50 fights in that span.

Bud isn’t stupid to not notice that. If that’s why he decided to rock with Top Rank , we’ll never know. It’s all pure speculation. Get that money black man .

From a money standpoint I don't blame Bud for signing with Top Rank. $3.5mil/fight guaranteed to fight the likes of a male stripper, a one legged never was, Amir Khan 6 years too late, and the guy who fought to a draw against an extra mediocre journeyman? Shiiiiit sign me up bruh I'd retire in that bytch. :yeshrug:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
CommonAnotherGarpike-mobile.mp4

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a money standpoint I don't blame Bud for signing with Top Rank. $3.5mil/fight guaranteed to fight the likes of a male stripper, a one legged never was, Amir Khan 6 years too late, and the guy who fought to a draw against an extra mediocre journeyman? Shiiiiit sign me up bruh I'd retire in that bytch. :yeshrug:

People gotta understand this is prize fighting and TR gave him a great deal. That’s basically what you’re working towards as a fighter.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Deontay Wilder: I Was Very Disappointed in Andy Ruiz
By Boxing Clever

Published On Mon Feb 3, 2020, 09:13 PM EST

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder is shaking his head when discussing Andy Ruiz's one-sided decision loss to Anthony Joshua from back in December in Saudi Arabia.

Ruiz shocked the entire sport when he dropped Joshua four times before the contest was stopped in the seventh round. Ruiz, who took the fight on late notice and was widely viewed as a massive underdog, captured the IBF, WBA, IBO, WBO world titles with the win.

But the rematch was a different kind of fight.

joshua-ruiz-rematch%20(13).jpg

It was revealed in the aftermath of the loss, that Ruiz had partied for two months following his big win. He entered training camp late, and because of that he was overweight and out of shape of the second fight.

He was unable to get off with his punches, was plodding around the round, and that allowed Joshua to easily outbox him over twelve rounds.

Before the rematch, and before he knew about the antics of Ruiz, Wilder had picked the Mexican boxer to win the rematch with another knockout.

"I was very disappointed in Andy Ruiz, maybe because I was so invested in it. I really wanted to see him really achieve greatness. Especially where he came from in boxing, almost getting evicted from his apartment. I don't know what eviction feels like -- and I never want to know what that feels like to be homeless -- but that was the verge that he was on, and an angel came and saved him. Gave him an opportunity, a GREAT opportunity to be a megastar [against Joshua]," Wilder told Steve Kim of ESPN.

"Ruiz beat him, knocked him out, knocked him down four times and got him out of there. He had the biggest fight of his life -- he let it all go [in the rematch]."

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Breadman on J-Rock loss..

“I may get overruled on this, I don’t know. But for me, being able to go to sleep at night, and for what I believe Julian is that he got to get that loss the fukk back, Mike. And I don’t care who don’t like this. He got to fight that kid again, he got to knock that kid out. And if he don’t, I’m going to be disappointed in him.

“And I’ve made it as clear as I can, and I don’t know if it’s going to be next or whatever. He got to get that kid back. He cannot go out in his career end losing to that kid. I’m just sorry. You know Jermall Charlo I can accept that a little bit. That guy might go to the hall of fame. We could say we was a little young at the time, he caught Julian with a great shot (in round 5 of their December 2016 scrap). This fight, I can’t stomach that. I’m serious, I just can’t.”

How do y’all feel about that statement. I agree with bread tho. He knows how boxing goes and especially as much shyt they talked about Hurd they got to run it back and go out with a bang. It’s interesting that he ain’t going for the AJ game plan when he got KO’D by a scrub. Bread know that Jrock got to stop that fool and look impressive while doing it. Yea maybe Jrock need to just box from the outside but even his trainer knows that he got to avenge that shyt with a KO. No if and buts about it:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breadman on J-Rock loss..

“I may get overruled on this, I don’t know. But for me, being able to go to sleep at night, and for what I believe Julian is that he got to get that loss the fukk back, Mike. And I don’t care who don’t like this. He got to fight that kid again, he got to knock that kid out. And if he don’t, I’m going to be disappointed in him.

“And I’ve made it as clear as I can, and I don’t know if it’s going to be next or whatever. He got to get that kid back. He cannot go out in his career end losing to that kid. I’m just sorry. You know Jermall Charlo I can accept that a little bit. That guy might go to the hall of fame. We could say we was a little young at the time, he caught Julian with a great shot (in round 5 of their December 2016 scrap). This fight, I can’t stomach that. I’m serious, I just can’t.”

How do y’all feel about that statement. I agree with bread tho. He knows how boxing goes and especially as much shyt they talked about Hurd they got to run it back and go out with a bang. It’s interesting that he ain’t going for the AJ game plan when he got KO’D by a scrub. Bread know that Jrock got to stop that fool and look impressive while doing it. Yea maybe Jrock need to just box from the outside but even his trainer knows that he got to avenge that shyt with a KO. No if and buts about it:manny:

all j rock needs to do is just show a consistent level above rosario in the rematch..thats all..j rock is a better boxer than rosario but he couldn't handle the power

the terry norris vs simon brown fights is a perfect example...terry got ko'ed by simon brown in 4 in the first fight..he ran it back and boxed simon brown's head off for the clear one sided decision

if the KO comes..it comes..if not show why youre the better boxer

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
all j rock needs to do is just show a consistent level above rosario in the rematch..thats all..j rock is a better boxer than rosario but he couldn't handle the power

the terry norris vs simon brown fights is a perfect example...terry got ko'ed by simon brown in 4 in the first fight..he ran it back and boxed simon brown's head off for the clear one sided decision

if the KO comes..it comes..if not show why youre the better boxer

That is true but Bread even want him to get the KO next time. Yea you could come back and box a guy head off next time but you still lose a little luster by doing that. Idk about terry norris but many people including me knocked AJ for going out there and running around the ring against a guy that was previously thought of as a showcase fight..You got to go out there and prove that it is levels...Like when GOATnelo beat GGG ass “Mexican style” in the rematch:banderas:..

Jrock is one of the best boxers in the business no doubt...his chin is the questionable thing. If you dnt dent his chin you ain’t gne win too many rounds off him so him proving that he can outbox Rosario really dnt do nun for people...but at the end of the day you right...as long as he win he will be ok.

Im just saying his trainer seem like he thinking the same way I’m thinking for right now things might change up ....:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That is true but Bread even want him to get the KO next time. Yea you could come back and box a guy head off next time but you still lose a little luster by doing that. Idk about terry norris but many people including me knocked AJ for going out there and running around the ring against a guy that was previously thought of as a showcase fight..You got to go out there and prove that it is levels...Like when GOATnelo beat GGG ass “Mexican style” in the rematch:banderas:..

Jrock is one of the best boxers in the business no doubt...his chin is the questionable thing. If you dnt dent his chin you ain’t gne win too many rounds off him so him proving that he can outbox Rosario really dnt do nun for people...but at the end of the day you right...as long as he win he will be ok.

Im just saying his trainer seem like he thinking the same way I’m thinking for right now things might change up ....:manny:

i dont think you got the example. Femi went out and washed Ruiz in the rematch with the scores reflecting it. No one at the point had beaten Ruiz that decisively. Canelo won a 2 point MD where ppl think he still lost :heh:..and believe me there are more examples of a fighter getting ko'ed and coming back to win by a decisive decision in the rematch...J rock has to humble himself and make proper adjustments..else he gets ruined by rosario (see salido vs juanma)