Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
boring. Would have rather seen BJS. Callum Smith will put people to sleep and the build up will be trash.
Coud give a fukk about a build up if the fight is a stinker, Canelo vs Smith > Canelo vs BJS as far as entertainment goes.
It's not that I don't want to see the BJSs of the world in good fights, I want to see all the top fighters fight each other but both BJS and Callum Smith are around a similar level.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I take a better fight over a better build up any time, how is that even a question ffs

Yeah me too, build ups are cool but it only matters if the fight delivers. If the build up is that bad can skip it and just watch the fight. It won't be that bad though, it won't be fireworks but it's a high level fight and would be interesting.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
hearn maybe right about this but he has other fighters that have failed tests. i would have said i didnt sign him for fukking up the biggest fight he was promoting

Hearn: I Just Couldn't Sign Jarrell Miller After Stone-Cold Cheating
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon Feb 3, 2020, 09:37 AM EST

Even after Jarrell Miller’s performance-enhancing drug debacle, Eddie Hearn considered forgiving the huge heavyweight contender.

Hearn has plenty of heavyweights under contract for Miller to fight. Rescheduling his fight against Anthony Joshua would’ve provided plenty of drama for that promotion, just the type of salacious spectacle Hearn enjoys presenting to boxing fans.

Ultimately, however, even Hearn couldn’t bring himself to sign the besmirched Miller to a promotional contract after Miller tested positive for three PEDs and ruined his shot at Joshua’s titles last spring. The transgressions of Brooklyn’s Miller afforded Andy Ruiz Jr. the chance to pull off one of the biggest upsets in boxing history, a seventh-round technical knockout of the heavily favored Joshua on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

jarrell-miller%20(1)_12.jpg

Miller’s new multi-fight promotional deal with Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc. was announced Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Miller (23-0-1, 20 KOs) hasn’t fought since he knocked out Romania’s Bogdan Dinu (19-2, 15 KOs) in November 2018. The date and opponent for his Top Rank debut haven’t been announced, but Hearn acknowledged during a recent interview with BoxingScene.com that he will watch with interest from afar.

“I wish him all the best,” said Hearn, managing director for Matchroom Boxing, Joshua’s promoter. “He was desperate to sign with us. I just couldn’t do it, couldn’t do it. It didn’t feel right. I know I can be hypocritical at times, but this guy failed three drug tests, for three different supplements – or not even supplements. He injected in his ass. You know, stone-cold cheating. And there was no ban. But it’s over. It’s done. I wish him all the best. You know, I would always shake his hand and smile at him. But I felt like he let me down and he let boxing down, and he tried to cheat in a fight against Anthony Joshua, who is my friend and client.

“And I couldn’t do it. I could not do it. As much as there’s some great fighters out there for him – the Joshua fight, the Dillian Whyte fight – it didn’t sit right to basically encourage this. And that’s what they’ve done by giving him a new contract, a big contract, coming off the back of failed tests for three substances. But line on the sand, I wish ‘Big Baby’ Miller all the best. Respect to him, God bless, good night. We’ll see you soon.”