Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
BJS is right, but he gave us so many shytty fights it just doesn't feel right coming from him.

nikka ducked GGG and found a way outta the Andrade fight.
He needed to have a fight already signed with Smith or Jacobs before he said that shyt.
Legit mad he ain't run it with GGG and went for his leftovers then got popped for peds.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It isn’t, I think both sides did the smart thing. He doesn’t even have a trainer. Whyte trying to get that name in the same way He did Parker. Nobody to blame.

I think it is, that's like 3-4 months, I heard he's working with Teddy Atlas, not sure if it's true but what I've heard. I'm not mad though, it's a risky fight for Andy, but it's very high reward, if he beats Whyte the WBC number 1 he's right back at the top in 1 fight, it also makes a 3rd fight with AJ much more likely down the line because AJ will fight Whyte again 1 day, he will probably move ahead of him in the que if he beat him. It's possible too, if I was in Andy's team I'd want him to take the fight cause it's a fight I'd feel like he could win and it would put him right back at the top, if he beats Whyte then it's only really Fury, Wilder and AJ that are above him clearly, he may get Whyte's mandatory to fight for WBC and he'd put himself firmly in the top 5, it would be a massive win. It would make a fight vs Wilder or AJ much more appealing, Wilder don't wanna fight him now he says and AJ has so many others he wants and needs to fight, but that win would put him right back in a prominent position.

For Whyte I think it's a terrible fight, I respect the fact they wanted it and wanted a tough fight but being the mandatory to risk his position against such a good fighter to me seems like madness. I guess he must want the money that would come with it. It's a fight that would be exciting and I'd like to see as a fan but if I was his manager it would seem pointless at this stage, 1 day yes but not when he's supposed to fight for a world title in like a year now, which will fly by. Povetkin is a better fight because it's a tough credible opponent but would be untrue to say he isn't on the decline. Povetkin has maybe gone from a 9 out of 10 fighter to a 7.5 now. Whyte in shape should be beating him, if he comes in in the shape he did for his last fight he'll lose but if he comes in in proper shape he should be beating him but it has enough genuine risk to make it interesting cause Povetkin can punch and they say the power is the last thing to go. Povetkin was a high level boxer, he's still good and would beat most, a legit top 15 still. It's a fight he should win though and Povetkin has some good name value so would be a PPV in U.K and do well with a dope undercard. Then I'd like to see him fight a bigger guy, someone like Zhang or Wallin to get prepared for a Wilder of Fury, so he can get used to fighting someone of that stature, 6'5 and above. I don't think he needs any hugely dangerous fights till then cause the fight he wants more than anyone or anything else is Wilder for WBC belt (if he still has it then) but that's the fight everybody wants to see him in. So he shouldn't risk it too much when he has that shot waiting within a year.

Ruiz vs Whyte would have been a great fight though, I would have respected it, a win for Whyte would have made his resume even more impressive, I guess that's why he wanted it. There's talk maybe he will fight him after Povetkin and after whoever Ruiz fights next, I wouldn't bother if I was Whyte though. I'd fight him after the WBC shot instead. Would be a fight I'd consider a 50/50.

Ruiz turning it down I don't blame him, in his position I would have gambled but if he wants to ease himself back in so be it. I don't think either are shook of eachother, maybe Ruiz got advice to go a different path.

Last edited: