Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

That’s a dope matchup..

We probably would have seen this fight if both guys kept their 0 in a unification ultimately . I wonder if this’ll take place at 140? DAZN should try to build a “147” stable if possible. With these two and Vergil Ortiz Jr. The promise is there.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That’s a dope matchup..

We probably would have seen this fight if both guys kept their 0. I wonder if this’ll take place at 140? DAZN should try to build a “147” stable off possible. With these two and Vergil Ortiz Jr. The promise is there.
thats a good idea

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
its funny i have the OG downloaded on my media hub....PBC edited out Tarver from this broadcast for some reason
Been looking for good fights of the past. Ever since boxing syko got taken down a lot of the lesser known ones went missing :francis:
I should've downloaded more of em:francis:

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
That’s a dope matchup..

We probably would have seen this fight if both guys kept their 0. I wonder if this’ll take place at 140? DAZN should try to build a “147” stable off possible. With these two and Vergil Ortiz Jr. The promise is there.

That's actually in the works it looks like...
Mikey Garcia
Regis Prograis
Maurice Hooker
Vergil Ortiz (Golden Boy connect)
Kell Brook
Rashidi Ellis (Golden Boy)
Conor Benn
Josh Kelly (fought on DAZN)
Jessie Vargas
Daniyar Yeleussinov

If they could go grab someone like Jaron Ennis they would have a comparable roster to PBC. We'll see though, it looks promising like you said.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like boxing fans win if this fight jumps off. Great for potential US crossover appeal if whyte wins or puts up a good fight.

I agree it would be a good fight, but it's just it's a specific situation with him being number 1 all those years and not getting the WBC shot. He's finally supposed to be in position and now they are trying to make a fight he could well lose. He'd probably do better against bigger guys, he's not the fastest, but he likes to brawl and trade, sometimes even sits on the ropes and parries shots and counters. May be harder to do that with Ruiz cause of his hand speed and combination punches. Maybe he could control the fight with a stiff long jab though, that's possible. Do think it's 1 of the riskiest fights he could take though. For him it would be terrible to lose his shot now after years and years of waiting, I can't remember a situation with somebody being number 1 that long and not getting their shot. So a loss would be disastrous from that perspective cause he would lose his chance of facing the winner of Wilder vs Fury. A win would be good, gets some good money and another good name on the record. I'm all for fighters taking risks generally, just in this case he's already taken a lot of risks and now is the position, more big ones seem excessive when he don't need to at all, but commendable that he's trying to make that fight. It it happens certainly a fight I'd watch and PPV worthy, his undecards are also normally stacked so should be a great event. Just with a managers hat on I'd imagine you'd say to take a taller guy to prepare for potential fight vs Wilder or Fury, but seems like he wants a fight he can get up for. I'd probably say it's a 50/50 fight, both have advantages, it's a great fight for Ruiz, a win would put him right back in contention.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Let’s not act like looks don’t matter. I don’t think she’s unattractive at all. I’m just objective enough to understand that her looks aren’t going to appeal to everyone. If she looked like Megan Good or something shyt, it wouldn’t really mattered how she won.

I agree knockouts could help, but that’s not even her game.

Dudes aren’t really trying to see females in combat sports unless they want to fukk them.

Boxing hasn’t really had that female that white dudes go crazy over (Carano, Rousey, Tate) in recent years.

Guys there too much content nowadays from music, shows, podcasts, etc. A females has to have looks to attract the casual viewer. Who would know better then me? I’m just a casual fan of the sport.
You're funny.

If she looked like Megan Good and was even below average, she'd be hugely popular. As it is now, if she was like .5 to 1 point hotter, and knock her opps out, I think she'd be a lot more popular. Her style isn't super appealing, despite working 100% well her entire life.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I agree it would be a good fight, but it's just it's a specific situation with him being number 1 all those years and not getting the WBC shot. He's finally supposed to be in position and now they are trying to make a fight he could well lose. He'd probably do better against bigger guys, he's not the fastest, but he likes to brawl and trade, sometimes even sits on the ropes and parries shots and counters. May be harder to do that with Ruiz cause of his hand speed and combination punches. Maybe he could control the fight with a stiff long jab though, that's possible. Do think it's 1 of the riskiest fights he could take though. For him it would be terrible to lose his shot now after years and years of waiting, I can't remember a situation with somebody being number 1 that long and not getting their shot. So a loss would be disastrous from that perspective cause he would lose his chance of facing the winner of Wilder vs Fury. A win would be good, gets some good money and another good name on the record. I'm all for fighters taking risks generally, just in this case he's already taken a lot of risks and now is the position, more big ones seem excessive when he don't need to at all, but commendable that he's trying to make that fight. It it happens certainly a fight I'd watch and PPV worthy, his undecards are also normally stacked so should be a great event. Just with a managers hat on I'd imagine you'd say to take a taller guy to prepare for potential fight vs Wilder or Fury, but seems like he wants a fight he can get up for. I'd probably say it's a 50/50 fight, both have advantages, it's a great fight for Ruiz, a win would put him right back in contention.
Maybe you're right, he should fight another 40 yr old instead of being risky, i suggest Ortiz.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe you're right, he should fight another 40 yr old instead of being risky, i suggest Ortiz.

Ortiz would be a great option, would be much more comfortable with that fight if I was his manager, bigger guy and more of a conventional style than Ruiz. Ortiz has already rejected to fight him twice though so I'm not sure he will do it, he's a name that's been mentioned though, heard it mentioned today. That would be an interesting fight and less risky so would be a good option in his current position.

Edit: Also Whyte's fought Rivas and Parker in recent times who were both in their prime.

Last edited: