Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Ortiz would be a great option, would be much more comfortable with that fight if I was his manager, bigger guy and more of a conventional style than Ruiz. Ortiz has already rejected to fight him twice though so I'm not sure he will do it, he's a name that's been mentioned though, heard it mentioned today. That would be an interesting fight and less risky so would be a good option in his current position.

Edit: Also Whyte's fought Rivas and Parker in recent times who were both in their prime.
I know he fought them other guys too, but you think he should protect himself, for the possible Wilder fight, so why not another 40 yr old to pass the time.
What happened when the wbc mandated Ortiz vs whyte?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know he fought them other guys too, but you think he should protect himself, for the possible Wilder fight, so why not another 40 yr old to pass the time.
What happened when the wbc mandated Ortiz vs whyte?

In his specific situation would make sense from a manager's perspective, from just a fan's perspective Ruiz vs Whyte is a great fight. Think Whyte has been number 1 for 800 days or some shyt like that, so it's almost an unheard of situation for him, he should have got his shot a LONG time ago. And yeah I agree, I think a man like Ortiz who is beatable but has a bit of name value and has decent height would be a good option. But Ortiz has turned down fighting Whyte twice so I'm not sure if he'll accept the fight, he also turned down AJ last year so it seems like Ortiz wasn't interested in those fights. Ortiz value has also dropped now after losing to Wilder twice so not sure if he will price himself out like he's done in previous situations. I know they've made offers to Ruiz and Povetkin, the other 2 heard mentioned are Wallin and Ortiz, so will have to see how it develops. Ruiz out of those names would be the toughest, Wallin the easiest. I think he should fight someone like Zhang to tick over and get adjusted to a larger height again, but it seems it will be a tougher opponent. Povetkin for example is still live, beat Hughie Fury easily recently and went toe to toe with a good fighter in Michael Hunter, I actually had Povetkin winning that slowly, he isn't what he was but he's still good enough to make it interesting. Ruiz is a tough fight but the 1 which will probably generate the most money.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
In his specific situation would make sense from a manager's perspective, from just a fan's perspective Ruiz vs Whyte is a great fight. Think Whyte has been number 1 for 800 days or some shyt like that, so it's almost an unheard of situation for him, he should have got his shot a LONG time ago. And yeah I agree, I think a man like Ortiz who is beatable but has a bit of name value and has decent height would be a good option. But Ortiz has turned down fighting Whyte twice so I'm not sure if he'll accept the fight, he also turned down AJ last year so it seems like Ortiz wasn't interested in those fights. Ortiz value has also dropped now after losing to Wilder twice so not sure if he will price himself out like he's done in previous situations. I know they've made offers to Ruiz and Povetkin, the other 2 heard mentioned are Wallin and Ortiz, so will have to see how it develops. Ruiz out of those names would be the toughest, Wallin the easiest. I think he should fight someone like Zhang to tick over and get adjusted to a larger height again, but it seems it will be a tougher opponent. Povetkin for example is still live, beat Hughie Fury easily recently and went toe to toe with a good fighter in Michael Hunter, I actually had Povetkin winning that slowly, he isn't what he was but he's still good enough to make it interesting. Ruiz is a tough fight but the 1 which will probably generate the most money.
Didn't the wbc mandate the Ortiz fight to make whyte the mandatory for Wilder? If so what happened?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't the wbc mandate the Ortiz fight to make whyte the mandatory for Wilder? If so what happened?

I watched an interview about it at the time where it was explained, but it's irrelevant because that can't be used as a way to attack Whyte because he's actually offered the fight to Ortiz 2 times at least, 1 before Ortiz fought Dave Allen and I think the other 1 was before the 2nd Chisora fight, on both occasions Ortiz turned the fights down. Ortiz has a history of avoiding fights but talking shyt, he tried to do the same recently with the AJ situation but after they were gonna get exposed came out and said it was them turning the offer down and they fukked the whole thing up. Ortiz by choosing to fight Wilder again instead of take that AJ fight hurt his value a lot, at least before he could claim there was some potential foul play by them giving Wilder extra time in the first fight, 2nd fight he got knocked out fair and square. Doubtful Ortiz ever becomes a champion now, not sure what value he brings other than some name identity, but he will have to take a significant pay cut fighting decent names.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a report AJ will fight Pulev in May in Turkey, not sure of it's accuracy yet but some press/journalists are reporting that, think Pulev posted it also.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
There's a report AJ will fight Pulev in May in Turkey, not sure of it's accuracy yet but some press/journalists are reporting that, think Pulev posted it also.
That would be strange for DAZN to let AJ and Canelo fights both happen in the same month.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I watched an interview about it at the time where it was explained, but it's irrelevant because that can't be used as a way to attack Whyte because he's actually offered the fight to Ortiz 2 times at least, 1 before Ortiz fought Dave Allen and I think the other 1 was before the 2nd Chisora fight, on both occasions Ortiz turned the fights down. Ortiz has a history of avoiding fights but talking shyt, he tried to do the same recently with the AJ situation but after they were gonna get exposed came out and said it was them turning the offer down and they fukked the whole thing up. Ortiz by choosing to fight Wilder again instead of take that AJ fight hurt his value a lot, at least before he could claim there was some potential foul play by them giving Wilder extra time in the first fight, 2nd fight he got knocked out fair and square. Doubtful Ortiz ever becomes a champion now, not sure what value he brings other than some name identity, but he will have to take a significant pay cut fighting decent names.
I'm not attacking Whyte, i thinks it's brilliant how he gotta away with fighting on drugs, with unapproved gloves. Great way to take advantage of eddie Hearns reach in British boxing. Maybe he can win a belt like that

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Tevin Farmer called out GRJ

DAZN lining up some real smoke :whew:

gary still featherweight champ after all this time

upload_2020-1-16_11-13-13.jpeg