Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Don't think Wilder could take a blow from Shavers but Wilder could win if he uses his reach.
Wilder uses his reach well to set up his killshot but he isn't that great at keeping opponents at bay. If dudes like Szpilka could land on him so would Shavers.
Shavers was different in his power too, like he didn't have one specific shot which was extremely powerful, he was just a huge ass puncher all around even when he was on the inside, he didn't need momentum like Wilder. I don't say that either is better or worse just different. Shavers more straight up too, usually ended his rounds in the early stages of the fights even against sterner opposition unlike Wilder who usually takes his better opponents to the later rounds.

Shavers could also go to the body quite well if he could get to that distance. It would be harder for Shavers to punch so much upwards though with Wilder being 7 inches taller than him. But if he could get on the inside that would turn to his advantage cause he was about the same weight as Wilder now. Wilder probably has the better chin but imo none of them could take the others' best shot.

I guess it would depend who can land his shot first. I'm picking Shavers but if Wilder starts fast it could be him too if he catches Shavers coming in with a straight right down the pipe.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just replayed both the PBC Countdown shows for the Charlos on FS1.

Production was great, this is the type of material boxing was missing on normal TV and on a consistent basis.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wilder uses his reach well to set up his killshot but he isn't that great at keeping opponents at bay. If dudes like Szpilka could land on him so would Shavers.
Shavers was different in his power too, like he didn't have one specific shot which was extremely powerful, he was just a huge ass puncher all around even when he was on the inside, he didn't need momentum like Wilder. I don't say that either is better or worse just different. Shavers more straight up too, usually ended his rounds in the early stages of the fights even against sterner opposition unlike Wilder who usually takes his better opponents to the later rounds.

Shavers could also go to the body quite well if he could get to that distance. It would be harder for Shavers to punch so much upwards though with Wilder being 7 inches taller than him. But if he could get on the inside that would turn to his advantage cause he was about the same weight as Wilder now. Wilder probably has the better chin but imo none of them could take the others' best shot.

I guess it would depend who can land his shot first. I'm picking Shavers but if Wilder starts fast it could be him too if he catches Shavers coming in with a straight right down the pipe.
I meant by using his reach was him catching Shavers with that right hand at a distance not necessarily boxing on the outside. I also think Wilder has better stamina but then again I would have to see how soon Shavers looked gassed in 15 round fights. But yeah I agree with you.
Another fight(s) that would be interesting would be Wilder vs Bruno, or Razor Ruddock

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I believe someone told you that, but I'm not buying it as being true. He doesn't show any hint.

Even a tiny bit would be pretty obvious.
Maybe I’m being a bit aggressive with Down syndrome. But I’ve definitely been told he’s ‘slow’ take that how you will.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I've been on some fukk HBO shyt for minute because of the damage they've done to the sport.

But gotdamn this shyt got to me :to:
What damage did they do? Not trolling, i assume you mean the deals with Golden Boy, Arum etc and cutting out PBC?

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
they are saying lomachenko cant move up to 140 and 147 where there are some big fights for him because he is too small. heres some numbers.

vasyl lomachenko 5'7 65 inch reach
roberto duran 5'7 66 inch reach
henry armstrong 5'5 67 inch reach
manny pacquiao 5'5 67 inch reach
julio cesaer chavez 5'7 66 inch reach
miguel cotto 5'7 67 inch reach

he looks like he is right there with all these guys, and, some of them, like duran and cotto, moved up to 160. is he too small to move up to 140 and 147? or is that a better sounding way to say he is not good enough to move up to 140 and 147? what it sounds like to me is that they fast tracked him early in his career and are now planning to stall him out and let him rack up fights in a division without too many threats.