Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So GGG met Slipper and Hearn in LA and they made him an offer, they also expect Haymon to send them an offer soon and they already have an ESPN offer.
Wondering where he gonna end up.

I guess DAZN cause the belts except if he really doesn't care about Canelo anymore like he says

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
So GGG met Slipper and Hearn in LA and they made him an offer, they also expect Haymon to send them an offer soon and they already have an ESPN offer.

I guess DAZN cause the belts except if he really doesn't care about Canelo anymore like he says

Haymon is a huge wildcard since their showtime and fox deal combined gives them the same money as Hearn’s budget. I’m not sure if GGG on PPV will work though, he hasn’t sold a ton of buys without Canelo.

Another interesting tidbit in that article, Skipper was in Tokyo before heading to LA. I wonder if he was there talking to Fuji and Rizin about getting the rights to the Floyd fight and the rest of the Rizin NYE card.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

GGG needs to just do 1 fight deals with whatever is the best fight for him to keep his options open.. Hes no spring chicken.. Follow cottos late career steps

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Haymon is a huge wildcard since their showtime and fox deal combined gives them the same money as Hearn’s budget. I’m not sure if GGG on PPV will work though, he hasn’t sold a ton of buys without Canelo.

Another interesting tidbit in that article, Skipper was in Tokyo before heading to LA. I wonder if he was there talking to Fuji and Rizin about getting the rights to the Floyd fight and the rest of the Rizin NYE card.
DAZN is actually popping in Japan

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Luis Ortiz Accepts Joe Joyce's Challenge, Wants Him Next

Luis Ortiz Accepts Joe Joyce's Challenge, Wants Him Next

By Ryan Burton

On Saturday night 2016 Olympic Silver medalist Joe Joyce improved to 7-0 in the pro ranks with a first round knockout of Joe Hanks (23-3). The fight opened up the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury Showtime pay-per-view broadcast.

Also on the pay-per-view was Luis Ortiz's 10th round knockout of Travis Kauffman (32-3). Ortiz took control of the fight early and dropped Kauffman three times in a dominant victory.

At the post fight press conference, Joyce called out Ortiz and said that he would like to face him next. He had also previously called out the hard hitting Cuban over the summer.

joyce-ortiz.jpg

Prior to facing Wilder in March, Ortiz had been one of the most avoided heavyweights. Ortiz nearly had Wilder out on his feet before getting stopped in the 10th round of the fight. He has since rebounded with two wins in a row.

BoxingScene.com reached out to the Miami based fighter to get his reaction to Joyce's call out.

"I will enjoy fighting Joyce and will enjoy giving him his first career loss but I want him to remember it was him who called me out. I wasn’t looking for him but again if he let his hype men or manager get in his head and thinks he’s that good and he wants it why wait?" said Ortiz to BoxingScene.com.

"I don’t turn down fights. It’s a first for me to get called out for a fight. He doesn’t understand that I really enjoy what I do and this is all I know how to do. This is how I put food on the table for my family so say no more, challenge accepted. Let’s do this."

Ortiz's ultimate goal is to secure another title shot and he wants a chance for redemption against Wilder.

He said that he has absolutely no problem facing Joyce next and hopefully another win will put him a step closer to another big fight.

"Look, I just want to keep making a name for myself and maybe get a shot at Wilder again or even Fury or Joshua. If I can’t then I’d love to fight (Dillian) Whyte or even (Alexander) Povetkin would be a good fight for me and I think my true fans would enjoy any of those fights," Ortiz told BoxingScene.

Joyce and those who he listed are exactly the names I want to see him fighting, good shyt from Ortiz and from Joyce too calling him out like that

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea i camt stomach them LDBC dudes anymore. 78 is a Wilder groupie to the max. Stopped checking for him months ago. It was like right after he got his first interview with Wilder, he went into serious dikk riding overload

I’m not familiar with all of the LDBC. All I know is 78sports is hilarious, which is the only reason why I listen to him.

As far as Boxingego, I don’t know how anyone can listen to that nygga. His whole lane of reporting is talking about what he sees on twitter and Instagram. It’s just corny to me. I understand why it works, because there are plenty of nyggas who aren’t on twitter or instagram. I’m just not interested in hearing a nygga talk about a tweet.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I’m not familiar with all of the LDBC. All I know is 78sports is hilarious, which is the only reason why I listen to him.

As far as Boxingego, I don’t know how anyone can listen to that nygga. His whole lane of reporting is talking about what he sees on twitter and Instagram. It’s just corny to me. I understand why it works, because there are plenty of nyggas who aren’t on twitter or instagram. I’m just not interested in hearing a nygga talk about a tweet.

Only time he was remotely interesting was when he'd have Troy King on

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

Only time he was remotely interesting was when he'd have Troy King on
Ya'll hating,hope ya'll aint black
:mjpls:

#egosARMY

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
DAZN is actually popping in Japan

I read somewhere in a tech journal that they had 1.5 mil subs in Japan already, but they basically have the rights to every sport there. Same with Italy.

It’s gonna be a while before they get those numbers here