Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Transnational Boxing Rankings Board | Providing boxing with authoritative top-ten rankings

4 December 2018: *** Former Light Heavyweight King Adonis Stevenson remains in Quebec City Hospital and is in stable condition. He was stopped in the 11th round by #7-ranked Alex Gvozdyk and was taken from the arena in a stretcher. In a tweet before the fight, Stevenson wanted everyone to know that he is “still the king.” We never doubted his status, even if we criticized his reign. In accepting the challenge of a fighter as formidable as Gvozdyk, that criticism ended abruptly. It is a tribute to his strength and commitment that he managed to knock down his challenger, though the referee missed it and ruled it a slip. We hope he has strength enough to recover fully. The Board has him in its thoughts; those members who are religous hold him in their prayers.

Alex Gvozdyk is the new Light Heavyweight King and the fingerprints of Teddy Atlas were all over his strategy. See the Succession tab for the full succession since 2012. We congratulate both the new king and Atlas, and we express our sympathy to both. This is not an easy time for them.

Bantamweight Liborio Solis had his third consecutive bout over the bantamweight limit and so exits that division’s rankings. Jason Moloney returns to the #10 spot.

“A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t…”

Last week, this page mentioned that the Heavyweight battle of the giants, Fury-Wilder, may be fascinating. It was. “Let’s hope Fury lives up to his name,” we said. He did. He did more than that. His strategy, skill, courage, and remarkable recuperative powers gave the sport something special. In the twelfth round, Fury fought like BEOWULF after getting up from not one KO punch but two consecutive ones from the most destructive heavyweight today in Deontay Wilder.

But boxing, being boxing, has to throw a stink-bomb into the party. Fury-Wilder was no draw. Two of the judges got it wrong and the Board acknowledges what the world does -most of us strongly believe an injustice was done to Fury. We appreciate his graceful responses and his willingness to transition into an inspiring figure.

Isn’t it a wonder that boxing can’t even present a clear picture of the championship in its flagship division? We can. Fury was #8 and Wilder #2 when they fought to an official draw. The Board considered it a bad draw and ranked them accordingly. Fury is now #2 (though several members argued he should be #1) and Wilder is #3.

Boxing is unable and most of its power-brokers unwilling to point to one man and say “there’s the champion,” so we will. Right now there is none. But there should be one soon because Fury is now in position to once again seize the throne he abdicated a couple years ago. Whenever there is an open throne, the #1-contender must face the #2-contender to become the champion. There is no other way.

We advise the following

1. Fury should put off fighting Wilder again. He already beat him and most everyone on the planet knows it. Why take a risk that was already overcome? Wilder is #3. Beating him again brings nothing that is real.

2. So go higher. Beating Anthony Joshua, who’s in the top two with him, brings the divisional crown. Fury should challenge Joshua. Joshua should listen to Lennox Lewis and accept the challenge. Anything else is silly. The true historical crown is within reach of both. Be like Rocky III and go for it.

3. Wilder will wait in the wings to see what happens in Joshua-Fury. Those three giants can then set up a series of matches that can very well return boxing to its former glory. English Knight vs. Irish Traveller vs. American bomber —All contesting not eye-rolling belts but The Crown of Crowns in all of sports. ***

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
barbershop conversations, ego, 78sports...these nikkas are acting butthurt and delusional....i dont get their fascination with wilder breh

I don't know how anybody can listen to that barbershop nikka.
Dude's voice sound's mad annoyingly moist. He sounds like he needs a hug and then a bytch slap across the face. :hhh:

I can't take a lot of these YTBC cats seriously. Most be sounding like stans pandering for interviews and looks.

They calling nikkas c00ns for not thinking Wilder won shyt is sad.

exactly...a lot of them arent even real boxing fans...they're groupies...entitled ones at that..nikkas are bums for real

I went to listen to 78sports recap and had to shut it off a minute in after he said it was a robbery against Wilder. You have to give Wilder serious credit in all of the close rounds just to reach a draw, how in the fukk can you claim a robbery for him not winning??? Too many of these Youtube nikkas are clowns, Tstreet Controversy one of the few that plays it fair and calls out alot of those clowns on their bullshyt.

Yea i camt stomach them LDBC dudes anymore. 78 is a Wilder groupie to the max. Stopped checking for him months ago. It was like right after he got his first interview with Wilder, he went into serious dikk riding overload

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The entire Wilder camp and everyone around him(youtube stan channels etc) are embarrassing themselves post-fight. To the point where they've actually made it some sort of race issues, like if you're black you have to say Wilder won:hhh:

That tweet from Wilder with the video's of knockdowns saying he won....man...if that's not the perfect example of a response from a man who KNOWS he lost i don't know what is.

I can't wait until AJ KO's him at Wembley in front of 80k+ :whew:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
The entire Wilder camp and everyone around him(youtube stan channels etc) are embarrassing themselves post-fight. To the point where they've actually made it some sort of race issues, like if you're black you have to say Wilder won:hhh:

That tweet from Wilder with the video's of knockdowns saying he won....man...if that's not the perfect example of a response from a man who KNOWS he lost i don't know what is.

I can't wait until AJ KO's him at Wembley in front of 80k+ :whew:
Wilder is saying he wants the Fury rematch now which is either a bluff to up the offers from Hearn or he’s legit this reckless.
Not sure how Hearn and Haymon gonna work together on this btw because we’ve never seen a streaming app working together on a fight with a network PPV and it’s hard to imagine either DAZN or Showtime backing up. So fight might be not even realistic at this point, idk...
Fury can be easier to make for both but especially Wilder. AJ vs Fury seems easier to make than AJ vs Wilder too but they gonna have to do a Sky-BT co-PPV there too.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Wilder is saying he wants the Fury rematch now which is either a bluff to up the offers from Hearn or he’s legit this reckless.
Not sure how Hearn and Haymon gonna work together on this btw because we’ve never seen a streaming app working together on a fight with a network PPV and it’s hard to imagine either DAZN or Showtime backing up. So fight might be not even realistic at this point, idk...
Fury can be easier to make for both but especially Wilder. AJ vs Fury seems easier to make than AJ vs Wilder too but they gonna have to do a Sky-BT co-PPV there too.
Yeah i seriously doubt a BT/Sky co-op will happen, especially given how much Hearn and Warren hate each other. Wilder/AJ looks much easier to make, i think DAZN and showtime can work something out, plus Eddie knows he's got guaranteed, huge, sky box office money for it so i think they'd be willing to let some things slide on the DAZN/US side.(i know Eddie doesn't actually run the show at DAZN but i think they could make it happen)

Wilder is popping off about a rematch but it's clearly all face saving. He was visibly happy when the draw was announced but now he's seen the overwhelming reaction of people saying Fury won he's launched in to a PR campaign, and all his stans have joined in. It's kinda sad seeing black americans backing Wilder simply because he's their guy.

It's clearly influenced by a bleed off of wider society and the current social climate. (Not helped by Wilder’s pre-fight ranting, which was ridiculously misplaced given it wasn’t at all relevant given Fury was his opponent, but let's not get in to that).

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yeah i seriously doubt a BT/Sky co-op will happen, especially given how much Hearn and Warren hate each other. Wilder/AJ looks much easier to make, i think DAZN and showtime can work something out, plus Eddie knows he's got guaranteed, huge, sky box office money for it so i think they'd be willing to let some things slide on the DAZN/US side.(i know Eddie doesn't actually run the show at DAZN but i think they could make it happen)

Maybe, idk but it seems hard to me cause one of them is an app cost 10 dollars and free in the first month, the other one is a PPV. And of both show it nobody gonna be stupid enough to pay 100 for it instead of 10...
But maybe you're right and DAZN lets it slide, idk...
Maybe they make a deal that first fight is in UK, DAZn shows it in the US and the second one is in the US on Showtime PPV, DAZN doesn't show it maybe only after a few months.

Wilder is popping off about a rematch but it's clearly all face saving. He was visibly happy when the draw was announced but now he's seen the overwhelming reaction of people saying Fury won he's launched in to a PR campaign, and all his stans have joined in.

I believe he would fight against Fury again but I believe too that these talks about "how irrelevant Joshua is" and shyt are rather for getting a leverage in the negotiations with Joshua. Yeah the campaigning about the count, the excuses about the arm injury, saying Fury was at his best but he wasn't... all screams that he is not confident that he won that fight and is frustrated because most ppl had Fury winning.

It's kinda sad seeing black americans backing Wilder simply because he's their guy.

It's clearly influenced by a bleed off of wider society and the current social climate. (Not helped by Wilder’s pre-fight ranting, which was ridiculously misplaced given it wasn’t at all relevant given Fury was his opponent, but let's not get in to that).

Well I wouldn't say that exactly. It's not a problem that they are backing dude, actually it is often mentioned how Americans reluctant to get behind their fighters, I think it's good if they still do.
Who had who winning is a different question though, not a question of sympathy but rather objectivity.
There are a number of black Americans who had Fury winning on the cards both on this forum and among celebrities. Actually I think most of this forum had Fury winning and most of this forum are black Americans. Mike Tyson, Mayweather, Julian Williams, Devon Alexander and some other I can't recall now also had Fury winning.
There is certainly a cult like group on social media who think if you have x skin color you have to stan for X fighter. Not necessarily just Wilder but in case him but I think this is rather a vocal minority than the majority. Obviously I doN't have stats about it but it feels like.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
And its probably to the extreme like that when it comes to Wilder because this man has been shyt on constantly for 3 yrs.. Never given respect or credit for any of his wins or resume. Lack of support by his own countrymen for years.

Meanwhile ggg can come around and beat some bums nobody gives a shyt about and be held in higher regard than any other American boxer. And they bout to gut nuts with dudes like Bivol, Gvydzhdhd and (insert Euro-fighter)

Them LDBC nikkas is just bringing balance to the bullshyt

Yeah they are calling nikkas c00ns for any thoughts that wilder didnt get outboxed soundly...some balance :beli:

Speaking of that you've been awfully quiet on that nikka's performance. Are you also still delusional and in denial about what I've said about Deontay Bailey's skill level (which is 100%)?:lolbron:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Yeah they are calling nikkas c00ns for any thoughts that wilder didnt get outboxed soundly...some balance :beli:

Speaking of that you've been awfully quiet on that nikka's performance. Are you also still delusional and in denial about what I've said about Deontay Bailey's skill level (which is 100%)?:lolbron:

:snoop: I bought the fight and missed about 97% of the entire card, so I cant really speak on the fight until I see the replay..

:ufdup: Keep on making Randal Bailey comparisons around me Pat