Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What do you guys think of this discussion? The chat was originally about Wilder V Fury, but then the discussion diverted to Wladimir not being that good because he dominated a weak division at the time and then host added that Fury basically has no names on his resume except for a "39-year-old Wladimir that wasn't in his prime" In my opinion my guy Wilder has no names on his resume except for an Ortiz who has also passed his prime. In my opinion, all the current top heavyweights are in the same situation.

the LDBC have a hard on for wilder.....Wlad at his peak only Floyd and Pac really rank above him in that era..Wlad is the last real dominant HW champion..the man unified 3 belts..beat 3 fighters that had claim to the WBA belt over almost 10 years...which is pretty good considering he was ko'ed 3 times before all of that..Wilder hasn't even sniffed Wlad's acommplishments..I dont know why people like to front on Wlad

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
What do you guys think of this discussion? The chat was originally about Wilder V Fury, but then the discussion diverted to Wladimir not being that good because he dominated a weak division at the time and then host added that Fury basically has no names on his resume except for a "39-year-old Wladimir that wasn't in his prime" In my opinion my guy Wilder has no names on his resume except for an Ortiz who has also passed his prime. In my opinion, all the current top heavyweights are in the same situation.

They disrespect Wlad all the time on there but I think Vitali is a lot better and I think Wlad is slightly overrated and they basically thinks he’s a bad long reigning champion that beat nobodies

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
the LDBC have a hard on for wilder.....Wlad at his peak only Floyd and Pac really rank above him in that era..Wlad is the last real dominant HW champion..the man unified 3 belts..beat 3 fighters that had claim to the WBA belt over almost 10 years...which is pretty good considering he was ko'ed 3 times before all of that..Wilder hasn't even sniffed Wlad's acommplishments..I dont know why people like to front on Wlad

I agree with what your saying about Wilder but there’s other people in that era I’d put over Wlad because of resume starting with Ward.

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
Wlad is a top 10 heavy of all time. If u smaller than him (which 99% of all heavies are) ur chances of winning are slim to none. If u smaller and don't got great head movement he's putting you to sleep. If u big and have slow feet. He will blitz u. The combination of athletic ability and boxing iq makes wlad top 10 heavy of all time imo. I can accept someone who think vitali was better but ofc injuries.....

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
To discredit Wlad is blasphemy in my opinion just because he's supposedly boring and not aggressive like his brother doesn't make his accomplishments null. Like I said I Wilder is my guy but his only fight of note is an old Ortiz who only had Braynt on his resume, discrediting Fury's win was also disrespectful. The current heavyweight division is more depressed compared to Wlad's era. Dudes don't like it when people nitpick Wilder's resume so I don't get why Wlad gets shytted on. I guess guys shyt on Wlad is because they feel that Wlad and his brother held up the division for years, maybe it's resentment.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Wlad is a top 10 heavy of all time. If u smaller than him (which 99% of all heavies are) ur chances of winning are slim to none. If u smaller and don't got great head movement he's putting you to sleep. If u big and have slow feet. He will blitz u. The combination of athletic ability and boxing iq makes wlad top 10 heavy of all time imo. I can accept someone who think vitali was better but ofc injuries.....
Wlad got koed by a lot of smaller c class heavies in his physical prime, his past prime domination in shytty heavy weight division means nothing to me

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
Wlad got koed by a lot of smaller c class heavies in his physical prime, his past prime domination in shytty heavy weight division means nothing to me
Wlad prime was early 30s. We he damn near passed out in the ring and got slumped he was not the same fighter that ran the division with an iron fist. He learned to fight much more conservatively and his defense got better

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Wlad prime was early 30s. We he damn near passed out in the ring and got slumped he was not the same fighter that ran the division with an iron fist. He learned to fight much more conservatively and his defense got better
he finally got the jab and stepback down. cut it all down to a two move skill set. and learned to clinch.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
The step back is a must if u are gonna fight on the outside
l9sbx4R.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yes. Much bigger catalouge. I personally don't rate tyson as high as most. His resume is weak like wlad but his reign was much shorter. Also I think tyson was weaker mentally
Tyson has some underrated wins imo like the 2 Ruddock wins he is in a weird spot as casual fans overrate him cause they only recall a very limited number of boxers thus they are assuming the ones they know about are the best of all time P4P.
On the other hand in boxing fan circles Tyson gets a raw deal nowadays.

The after prison Tyson was not his best, however I think the pre-prison, pre-Douglas Tyson who took business seriously and hasn't declined yet would be at least competitive with every HW in their prime ever.

Wlad s Tyson in their primes is a good question... If Tyson can get close and land he more than likely would KO Wlad but can he? Wlad in his prime mastered the art of keeping shorter opponents at bay, hammer them with jabs and then probably finishing the job with his straight right. However prime Tyson would pose such speed, combination punching and defense while coming forward which was unprecedented for Klitschko in his career.
Very interesting fight...