Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Just wanted to say, I'm a fan of your podcast. None of the bullshyt yelling and screaming that the Boxing YouTubers do, solid analysis, facts are always presented and it's easy to listen to while I'm at work. Salute to you guys :salute:

Thanks for the words bro:salute:...the love is overwhelming:to:

Ravers >>> everything...i promise:banderas:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it me or is this the highest boxing has ever been popularity wise in the social media era?

I don't remember a time where there was this much buzz, these many eyes, this much talent.

I mean..almost every division has 1-2 potential all time greats within them...and the depth of talent is STACKED. Some really promising prospects too.

It's almost like boxing is slowly creeping back into the mainstream..

I don't remember this being the case a few years ago.

Am I biased or is there something here?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

His usage of plural indicates he gonna sign 2 champions? Bivol is a pretty safe bet imo but guess they will have Alvarez too then? Alvarez appears on ESPN next but that doesn't mean he can't sign DAZN after that. I'd imagine they also might sign Kovalev if he wins to have 3 175 champs out of 4.

DAZN/Hearn really having their way in 160, 175 and HW... you might mention 200 too because of Usyk although I suspect he moves up after his fight today

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

His usage of plural indicates he gonna sign 2 champions? Bivol is a pretty safe bet imo but guess they will have Alvarez too then? Alvarez appears on ESPN next but that doesn't mean he can't sign DAZN after that. I'd imagine they also might sign Kovalev if he wins to have 3 175 champs out of 4.

DAZN/Hearn really having their way in 160, 175 and HW... you might mention 200 too because of Usyk although I suspect he moves up after his fight today

Yeah I think Álvarez is a lock because he has the same manager as Beterbiev. Bivol has been rumoured to sign with Eddie for 6 months now.

Guessing that Povetkin will be one of the HWs they signed. Maybe Kownacki since Eddie has signed a lot of guys from that particular gym.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I think Álvarez is a lock because he has the same manager as Beterbiev. Bivol has been rumoured to sign with Eddie for 6 months now.

Guessing that Povetkin will be one of the HWs they signed. Maybe Kownacki since Eddie has signed a lot of guys from that particular gym.
Kownacki is close w Showtime I think, idk if he would leave.
Povetkin, yeah I guess so, maybe Ortiz too

Alvarez has the same manager as Beterbiev but doesn't Stevenson too?
Stevenson seems to be a very business minded guy, I wouldn't even be shocked if they sign him too on some co-promotional deal like the one they have with Beterbiev and GYM