Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Kownacki is close w Showtime I think, idk if he would leave.
Povetkin, yeah I guess so, maybe Ortiz too

Alvarez has the same manager as Beterbiev but doesn't Stevenson too?
Stevenson seems to be a very business minded guy, I wouldn't even be shocked if they sign him too on some co-promotional deal like the one they have with Beterbiev and GYM

All of the LHWs from Montreal (Beterbiev, Stevenson, Alvarez and Pascal) have the same manager.

You’re right, Ortiz has been rumoured too. Joseph Parker is a possibility since his manager seems to be close with Eddie and his PPv with Whyte sold well

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is huge. ESPN is always so random with what boxing vids they put up..yet this is huge because it's non TopRank.. This one has more views than anything they've added in the last day or so.

The Crawford Benavidez IG posts and youtube vids on ESPN had huuuge numbers. I guess analytics are telling them boxing gets views...expect more.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I watched it in a pub w my friends and the only way we could watch there was w/o sound while some shytty music was coming from a music channel from another TV so I watched the whole fight without sound and without knowing anything about anyone's live scoring.

This way I had Bellew winning only 1 or 2 rounds, I was surprised when I found out that many people had Bellew up 3-0 after 3 rounds. They were close rounds though compared to what came after. Never for a minute it seemed to me that Usyk will lose, I thought Bellew chose the wrong strategy too with trying to be cute and counter Usyk. He was never going to outsmart or outbox Usyk. Usyk is not a 37 years old David Haye acting like he would be still 28 lunging in wildly. Usyk is in his prime and has a very different style than that.
I thought it was nice how Usyk kept the distance where he could reach Bellew but Bellew couldn't reach him both moving forward and backward. He was faster than Bellew too so Bellew usually couldn't clap him back, Usyk just hopped back.

I thought it would have been better for Bellew if he would have tried a more straight forward approach with trying to close the gap and rough Usyk up, work him on the inside, FORCE exchanges. I think he'd lost either way and if he would have done that Usyk would have just outboxed him on the backfoot or KO him similarly like he did now just from a counter but he might have done a little better that way.
So I was confused of Bellew trying to play the counter-puncher against a boxer who is both smarter, faster and more skilled than him especially that he said multiple times before the fight that he has a puncher's chance and he can't outbox Usyk. Well, he really couldn't.

Overall it was entertaining guess I'm gonna watch it with sound too once, the KO was beautiful and both guys can be proud of themselves in a sense. While I thought his strategy was dumb Bellew still has balls for taking this and props to him for making a lot more out of his career than what almost every one of us thought he would. As for Usyk long gone the times I was skeptical about him, curiously waiting how he will do in heavyweight. He could start his HW journey with schooling Miller.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So if Ward comes out of retirement and challenges Usyk.. Who wins?

I got Ward
I'm a big Ward fan obviously but I'd pick Usyk there

He is way bigger than Ward and he is the kind of big dude who knows how to use his size but at the same time being fluid in the ring.

7 inches difference in reach... 3 inches difference in height... Usyk being in his prime while Ward has past it. Being the naturally bigger man than Ward. Being an active fighter in the last few years while Ward been out the rind since June of 2017. All signs point in the Usyk W direction if they would do this next year.

I'd give a little more chance to Ward if he would get back into things before he would challenge Usyk but that won't happen and I think even then he would most likely to lose due to all the other factors I just listed.

If he ever comes back Ward should fight GGG or Canelo in 168 if he can still make it without seriously draining himself. He would probably be rusty in there too but he would have multiple advantages over both.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I watched it in a pub w my friends and the only way we could watch there was w/o sound while some shytty music was coming from a music channel from another TV so I watched the whole fight without sound and without knowing anything about anyone's live scoring.

This way I had Bellew winning only 1 or 2 rounds, I was surprised when I found out that many people had Bellew up 3-0 after 3 rounds. They were close rounds though compared to what came after. Never for a minute it seemed to me that Usyk will lose, I thought Bellew chose the wrong strategy too with trying to be cute and counter Usyk. He was never going to outsmart or outbox Usyk. Usyk is not a 37 years old David Haye acting like he would be still 28 lunging in wildly. Usyk is in his prime and has a very different style than that.
I thought it was nice how Usyk kept the distance where he could reach Bellew but Bellew couldn't reach him both moving forward and backward. He was faster than Bellew too so Bellew usually couldn't clap him back, Usyk just hopped back.

I thought it would have been better for Bellew if he would have tried a more straight forward approach with trying to close the gap and rough Usyk up, work him on the inside, FORCE exchanges. I think he'd lost either way and if he would have done that Usyk would have just outboxed him on the backfoot or KO him similarly like he did now just from a counter but he might have done a little better that way.
So I was confused of Bellew trying to play the counter-puncher against a boxer who is both smarter, faster and more skilled than him especially that he said multiple times before the fight that he has a puncher's chance and he can't outbox Usyk. Well, he really couldn't.

Overall it was entertaining guess I'm gonna watch it with sound too once, the KO was beautiful and both guys can be proud of themselves in a sense. While I thought his strategy was dumb Bellew still has balls for taking this and props to him for making a lot more out of his career than what almost every one of us thought he would. As for Usyk long gone the times I was skeptical about him, curiously waiting how he will do in heavyweight. He could start his HW journey with schooling Miller.
I do think he would have lost in the end but I saw it totally different than you did. I had it 3-0 after 3 for Bellew. I thought he frustrated Uysk by not coming to him and using great counter punching. I think I had it 4-3 or 5-2 for Bellew but i could add the end was coming. He was getting tired but in no way did I think Uysk was in full control until the 8th. He was eating counter rights and straight rights all night. Bellew couldn’t miss a right hand. This was far different than Gassiev.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I do think he would have lost in the end but I saw it totally different than you did. I had it 3-0 after 3 for Bellew. I thought he frustrated Uysk by not coming to him and using great counter punching. I think I had it 4-3 or 5-2 for Bellew but i could add the end was coming. He was getting tired but in no way did I think Uysk was in full control until the 8th. He was eating counter rights and straight rights all night. Bellew couldn’t miss a right hand. This was far different than Gassiev.
Fair enough, most people saw it that way tbh
Point is we were all right in who'd win afterall

I agree with Bellew doing better than Gassiev until he got stopped I mean

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

:ohhh: I'd sweared I read somewhere dude just signed to Top Rank. Like just a month ago or so. But if this is true then I guess not

ESPN/TR need to get their shyt together a little if they don't want to track behind DAZN and PBC a year from now