Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Yes, I do :yeshrug:

If these news are true this dude was like "fukk it I'm gonna take my blood pressure medicine, I'm out y'all" :hhh:

Hurd actually made weight. Made second day weight to according the IBF rules :ehh: If you have problem with dudes like Munguia or Hurd coming in as damn 175ers on fight night then blame the system which allows them to do so not the fighters who can exploit the rules.

No fighter out there is like "I could made x weight without totally draining myself but oh well I'm gonna compete in x+1 weight instead cause it's more fair to the other fighters". Only fighters who don't cut as much as they could (without draining themselves) are the ones who already moved up in divisions. Or maybe some smaller HWs too who could be cruisers but they think HW = big money. Hurd just unified and he is on the brink of a unification with Charlo for all the belts, I doN't blame him for staying at 154 yet.

Only a unified rehydration clause between all 4 major sanctioning bodies could do anything with this. Second day weigh in is an attempt too and it is good to decrease size difference somewhat but you see dudes like Hurd can still make the second day weigh in and come in big af fight night no matter that they did a 2nd day weigh in.
IBF weigh in the morning of fights, professional athletes are able to put on 15 pounds by 11-12pm fight time; u know this.......

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
PBC has strayed so far from its original scope

They have a whole schedule to be announced with FOX next week. It’s a ton of fights.

I’m not crazy about it but PBC is giving us free fights on regular cable. Not a streaming app I have to pay for and not ESPN which I don’t even think is on basic cable.

People with tin foil and old school antennas going to be able to watch the Charlos and a whole roster of PBC
:yeshrug: For all we know PPV is the cost of making these big fights happen logistically.

Boxing fans cry about fights not happening then they make them and they still complain. shyt I bet most the people who complain about PPV never buy PPV and stream everything. (Not you Pat) But If they going to stream it anyway why do they care if it’s PPV LOL.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:childplease: and what the fukk does that have to do with anything? Yes Bryd was still in his prime when Wlad beat him, but that's Wlad. Roy would prolly get soul clapped too. Roy can't Virgil Hill every tall nikka he come across. :mjlol:
Besides, Hand speed usually bothers everybody, but it's the other things such as height, reach, power, etc... that can factor into how effective hand speed can be. I'm sure Wlad's handspeed wasn't the only thing that bothered Bryd.

We talking about Roy vs Bryd during 2003-2004. If you think Roy wins, that's fine, but don't bring up some other shyt that has nothing to do with the match up. I could understand if Wlad was a common opponent, but he's not.
And Bryd couldn't slip shyt in those two fights, he could slip those big winging shots, but crisp compact shots he has no answer for...And thats fact, exactly why he got blitz at 175...Roy was all wrong for him......

Would've loved to see Bryd vs Ped Toney as well

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They have a whole schedule to be announced with FOX next week. It’s a ton of fights.

I’m not crazy about it but PBC is giving us free fights on regular cable. Not a streaming app I have to pay for and not ESPN which I don’t even think is on basic cable.

People with tin foil and old school antennas going to be able to watch the Charlos and a whole roster of PBC
:yeshrug: For all we know PPV is the cost of making these big fights happen logistically.

Boxing fans cry about fights not happening then they make them and they still complain. shyt I bet most the people who complain about PPV never buy PPV and stream everything. (Not you Pat) But If they going to stream it anyway why do they care if it’s PPV LOL.

Free-to-air TV will always be valuable, it's how programming like wrestling got so popular in the 70s-80s...the WWF was on NBC and everyone got to watch. I mean, the landscape of television has changed and the quality of matchups may vary, but I'm sure they'll be able to hook some casuals. I'm curious to see how the presentation will be like, and how the studio show and shoulder programming will be like. That shoulder programming and studio show, if it's on FOX, will help drive interest in fighters and the fights they book. Plus there's the possibility of pairing PBC programming with WWE Smackdown next year. That'll be huge for them, if they can get some crossover fans like the UFC did on Spike.

On an unrelated note, if y'all don't have Epix, the Contender finale is being streamed on Twitter:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Free-to-air TV will always be valuable, it's how programming like wrestling got so popular in the 70s-80s...the WWF was on NBC and everyone got to watch. I mean, the landscape of television has changed and the quality of matchups may vary, but I'm sure they'll be able to hook some casuals. I'm curious to see how the presentation will be like, and how the studio show and shoulder programming will be like. That shoulder programming and studio show, if it's on FOX, will help drive interest in fighters and the fights they book. Plus there's the possibility of pairing PBC programming with WWE Smackdown next year. That'll be huge for them, if they can get some crossover fans like the UFC did on Spike.

On an unrelated note, if y'all don't have Epix, the Contender finale is being streamed on Twitter:

The NFL also runs its playoff games on Fox Jan-Feb you could have some great promo being aired during the peak of football season leading up to America’s big game - The Superbowl

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
The NFL also runs its playoff games on Fox Jan-Feb you could have some great promo being aired during the peak of football season leading up to America’s big game - The Superbowl

Yep, plus you could always book a show on the Saturday before Superbowl Sunday and air that after all of the NFL preview shows at 10 pm. The UFC has done that for years, and they used to book big PPVs just before the Superbowl.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
And Bryd couldn't slip shyt in those two fights, he could slip those big winging shots, but crisp compact shots he has no answer for...And thats fact, exactly why he got blitz at 175...Roy was all wrong for him......

Would've loved to see Bryd vs Ped Toney as well

:snoop:

The only way you would have a point is if Bryd was in his prime at 175 and getting his ass kicked.
Since that never happened, I'll just concede that once again you don't know what the fukk you're talking about. :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Boxing needs and deserves free regular fights on Tv in order for it to keep growing so I'm all for it. But.......

I just don't wanna see a year worth of random select mode bouts that nobody wants. I know you can't have a Thurman vs Swift type of fight each month, but we need those types of bouts at least every 2 or 3 months all while having cards that build up possible B sides for these elite/stars.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yes, I do :yeshrug:

If these news are true this dude was like "fukk it I'm gonna take my blood pressure medicine, I'm out y'all" :hhh:

Hurd actually made weight. Made second day weight to according the IBF rules :ehh: If you have problem with dudes like Munguia or Hurd coming in as damn 175ers on fight night then blame the system which allows them to do so not the fighters who can exploit the rules.

No fighter out there is like "I could made x weight without totally draining myself but oh well I'm gonna compete in x+1 weight instead cause it's more fair to the other fighters". Only fighters who don't cut as much as they could (without draining themselves) are the ones who already moved up in divisions. Or maybe some smaller HWs too who could be cruisers but they think HW = big money. Hurd just unified and he is on the brink of a unification with Charlo for all the belts, I doN't blame him for staying at 154 yet.

Only a unified rehydration clause between all 4 major sanctioning bodies could do anything with this. Second day weigh in is an attempt too and it is good to decrease size difference somewhat but you see dudes like Hurd can still make the second day weigh in and come in big af fight night no matter that they did a 2nd day weigh in.

Let me correct myself... not all the belts but 3 because of Munguia. Doesn’t change the point though

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

im not surprised to be honest..if you know what goes on with these fighting organizations in japan..specifically MMA and pro wrestling....you know that the yakuza...errrr Rizin :mjgrin: had somethinsg to say on the matter and floyd was not going to say a thing in japan about it until his ass was out of japan

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Erislandy Lara Asks VADA To Enter '365 Testing' Through WBA

Erislandy Lara Asks VADA To Enter '365 Testing' Through WBA

By Elisinio Castillo

On the heels of breaking away from the World Boxing Council and their Clean Boxing Program, former junior middleweight world champion Erislandy Lara has made a request to VADA [Voluntary Anti-Doping Association] to take part in 365 testing through the WBA's Fair Boxing Program.

Luis DeCubas Jr., manager of Lara, indicates that his boxer supports year-round testing and stays away from "tainted meat."

"Lara has asked VADA to sign him up for 365 testing through the WBA's Fair Boxing Program," DeCubas Jr. told BoxingScene.com.

erislandy-lara%20(6)_3.jpg

Lara and DeCubas became confused with the WBC, who on Tuesday issued a press release to indicate that the Cuban veteran had left the Clean Boxing Program, which is the WBC's drug testing protocol also run by VADA.

The WBC had ordered Lara to face Julian Williams in a final eliminator for a shot at current world champion Jermell Charlo.

But as BoxingScene.com reported, Lara is heading in another direction.

Lara has already agreed to fight undefeated WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Brian Castano, who is widely regarded as a rising star in the weight class.

Because of their decision to pursue the fight with Castano, DeCubas states that his boxer had no desire to continue forward with the WBC or their ordered eliminator.

Ok, fair play to him then!

I'd be glad to see that due doesn't just bounce cause he wants to take PEDs :hubie:

If this true then the WBC was on its fukkboy shyt because he chose a different direction? :gucci: