Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
That wasn't prime Bryd tho. That was an old washed up Bryd that unwittingly dropped down to 175 after never really serious campaigning at that weight before. This aint even Bryd coming outta the Olympics at super middle fighting at light heavy.

@Yuzo asked about a match up that realistically could have happened at a certain time. (late 2003 - early 2004)

He didn't ask who would win between the washed up 2008 versions of both fighters. :hhh:
Was Byrd washed when wlad taxed his ass twice or did a prime wlad handspeed trouble him???

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Was Byrd washed when wlad taxed his ass twice or did a prime wlad handspeed trouble him???

:childplease: and what the fukk does that have to do with anything? Yes Bryd was still in his prime when Wlad beat him, but that's Wlad. Roy would prolly get soul clapped too. Roy can't Virgil Hill every tall nikka he come across. :mjlol:
Besides, Hand speed usually bothers everybody, but it's the other things such as height, reach, power, etc... that can factor into how effective hand speed can be. I'm sure Wlad's handspeed wasn't the only thing that bothered Bryd.

We talking about Roy vs Bryd during 2003-2004. If you think Roy wins, that's fine, but don't bring up some other shyt that has nothing to do with the match up. I could understand if Wlad was a common opponent, but he's not.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Well, if anybody is in LA, they're just giving tickets away for the Contender finale this Friday at the Forum:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
It’s like a 90 percent chance Robert Garcia will throw the towel in. I know Mikey sees some flaw he thinks he can exploit, and will get well deserved respect for ‘daring to be great ‘ but your first fight at 147 against the natural middle weight boogeyman of the division :patrice:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Erislandy Lara Withdraws From WBC 'Clean Boxing Program' - Boxing Social

Erislandy Lara Withdraws From WBC ‘Clean Boxing Program’
By Rob Tebbutt7th November 2018

Cuban boxer Erislandy Lara, currently ranked number two at super welterweight by the World Boxing Council, has asked through his representative, Luis de Cubas Jr, to be removed from the ‘Clean Boxing Program’ of the WBC.

This is the first time that a boxer has resigned from the Program.

The World Boxing Council was the first body to implement mandatory anti-doping tests in all championship fights since 1975. The WBC has been a pioneer and leader in boxing, showing the way forward for all sports, with its devotion and dedication to boxers’ safety.

The WBC has revolutionised the sport by making it more humane and safe for all participants, with the implementation of multiple rules and procedures, specifically aimed at improving safety.

The Clean Boxing Program was established in 2016, after many years of preparation and planning. It stands out, for specifically pursuing, as absolute paramount, the protection, safety and well-being of all boxers.

The WBC has an agreement with VADA, which is the voluntary anti-doping association in charge of administering the Clean Boxing Program. VADA coordinates the collection of samples, the chain of custody and the analysis in laboratories. The WBC is in charge of the results.

The WBC regrets the decision of Erislandy Lara and wishes him success in his future plans.

Due him ceasing to be enrolled in the CBP, Lara will be removed from our ratings.

Source: WBC [Press Release]

tenor.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
The boy felt Hurd was cheating and joined the dark side...you cant blame him after going life and death with someone that walks around like 220 my weight:manny:

Yes, I do :yeshrug:

If these news are true this dude was like "fukk it I'm gonna take my blood pressure medicine, I'm out y'all" :hhh:

Hurd actually made weight. Made second day weight to according the IBF rules :ehh: If you have problem with dudes like Munguia or Hurd coming in as damn 175ers on fight night then blame the system which allows them to do so not the fighters who can exploit the rules.

No fighter out there is like "I could made x weight without totally draining myself but oh well I'm gonna compete in x+1 weight instead cause it's more fair to the other fighters". Only fighters who don't cut as much as they could (without draining themselves) are the ones who already moved up in divisions. Or maybe some smaller HWs too who could be cruisers but they think HW = big money. Hurd just unified and he is on the brink of a unification with Charlo for all the belts, I doN't blame him for staying at 154 yet.

Only a unified rehydration clause between all 4 major sanctioning bodies could do anything with this. Second day weigh in is an attempt too and it is good to decrease size difference somewhat but you see dudes like Hurd can still make the second day weigh in and come in big af fight night no matter that they did a 2nd day weigh in.