Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Stevens begging for fights on Twitter :mjcry:

shyt hasn't been the same since this

ggg3.gif

so many fighters tweeting for Uncle Eddie :wow:..one half of the chin checkers is still fighting..amazing

@trick i dont think he will have trouble filling those cards..esp since Curtis fights at 160...he knows what the deal is lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The President had him drooling uncontrollably & shyt lol.

It was tough watching Byrd fights back then

lets say it took time for me to gain some appreciation for his skills..even moreso because of the who's who he fought....for a blown up middle/super middle he fought a murderers row of heavies for real

todays heavies wouldnt dare approach that type of comp

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
thats a fight i would have liked to see. remember, byrd made vitali look stupid. he made a few big guys look real stupid. you know the fighter who reminds me of chris byrd a lot? demetrius andrade.

vitali was winning and looking bad at the same times...byrd had that fool missing a lot and had him backing up...tagged him pretty often..shyt was weird

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Byrd gets his ass kicked by Lewis:ufdup:

I could imagine it:ahh:
back in, i think, 2002, lennox dropped the ibf belt to avoid his mandatory, guess who: chris byrd. byrd was come backing after putting together a few good looking wins, and, rumor was, manny steward wanted no parts of byrd, believing his style to be all wrong for lennox. that was right around the time byrd made holyfield look real, real dumb.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
so many fighters tweeting for Uncle Eddie :wow:..one half of the chin checkers is still fighting..amazing

@trick i dont think he will have trouble filling those cards..esp since Curtis fights at 160...he knows what the deal is lol

Should he even still be fighting? That Lemieux KO was fukking brutal, in front of his own mom too:mjcry:

I don't mind the Curtis Stevens of the world getting slots on his shows though. If they book good fights with whatever talent is out there, that's good enough. I don't think they'll ever get a PBC name to jump ship though.

I don't think any of the PBC guys are ever going to leave because the allure of being on free TV and possibly getting PPV revenue is too attractive for them.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Should he even still be fighting? That Lemieux KO was fukking brutal, in front of his own mom too:mjcry:

I don't mind the Curtis Stevens of the world getting slots on his shows though. If they book good fights with whatever talent is out there, that's good enough. I don't think they'll ever get a PBC name to jump ship though.

I don't think any of the PBC guys are ever going to leave because the allure of being on free TV and possibly getting PPV revenue is too attractive for them.

curtis lost to the likes of andre dirrell, ggg, lemieux, n'dam......none disappointed me more than him losing to jesse brinkley though :smh:.....dude has 9 lives as a fighter but i think his time is up