Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
It was a really good fight, my girl was rooting for him because of his accent. Him and Moore should be a good fight And I’m expecting Mosley to be a heavy favorite.

Yeah I thought highly of Adams but I wasn’t impressed with his win. He looked weight classes above Walker and used that to lean and hold even though he wasn’t really working inside.

I’ve heard they wanted the LA Vs LA final though which is why it’s at the Forum etc. I enjoyed all the different characters though and they are all fighting each other on the undercard. I’m probably going to go.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Danny Garcia: Mikey Garcia's Good, But Spence Is Way Too Big

By Keith Idec

"Danny Garcia respects Mikey Garcia’s game.

The former junior welterweight and welterweight champion recognizes Garcia’s technical capabilities and admires his ambition. He just can’t envision the four-division champion being able beat Errol Spence Jr.

Danny Garcia agrees with the vast majority of boxing observers who believe Mikey Garcia simply will be too small to fend off the bigger, stronger southpaw when they fight next year for Spence’s IBF welterweight title.

spence-garcia_3.jpg

“Mikey’s a good fighter,” Danny Garcia told BoxingScene.com. “He’s a good fighter. He’s a real technical fighter. He has good speed, good timing, good power. I just feel like – I don’t know what he thinks. I don’t know how he his mentally, but I just feel like it’s not a good fight for him.”

Pursuing a seemingly more winnable lightweight title unification fight versus Vasiliy Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KOs) might’ve made more sense for Mikey Garcia from a competitive standpoint.

The Oxnard, California, native will be paid very well for moving up two divisions to challenge Spence, though. The 30-year-old Garcia also essentially could be granted a pass if he loses because he’ll face such a big size disadvantage against an undefeated fighter who’s considered one of the sport’s best, pound-for-pound.

Mikey Garcia plans to train at Victor Conte’s Scientific Nutrition for Advanced Conditioning facility in San Carlos, California, to help him add weight sensibly for what literally and figuratively will be the biggest fight of his career. Danny Garcia doesn’t think that’ll make much difference once Spence imposes his size and strength on him.

“He’s a good fighter,” Danny Garcia said. “He’s undefeated. It can be a great fight. I just think Spence is way too big for him. Spence is probably the biggest welterweight.”

Contracts for the Showtime Pay-Per-View battle between Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) and Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) haven’t been finalized. February 16 and February 23 are the dates under consideration for that fight"

Mikey Garcia must see something in Spence's style he can exploit that he feels confident enough to take this fight. I'm really curious to find out what he sees.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Danny Garcia: Mikey Garcia's Good, But Spence Is Way Too Big

By Keith Idec

"Danny Garcia respects Mikey Garcia’s game.

The former junior welterweight and welterweight champion recognizes Garcia’s technical capabilities and admires his ambition. He just can’t envision the four-division champion being able beat Errol Spence Jr.

Danny Garcia agrees with the vast majority of boxing observers who believe Mikey Garcia simply will be too small to fend off the bigger, stronger southpaw when they fight next year for Spence’s IBF welterweight title.

spence-garcia_3.jpg

“Mikey’s a good fighter,” Danny Garcia told BoxingScene.com. “He’s a good fighter. He’s a real technical fighter. He has good speed, good timing, good power. I just feel like – I don’t know what he thinks. I don’t know how he his mentally, but I just feel like it’s not a good fight for him.”

Pursuing a seemingly more winnable lightweight title unification fight versus Vasiliy Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KOs) might’ve made more sense for Mikey Garcia from a competitive standpoint.

The Oxnard, California, native will be paid very well for moving up two divisions to challenge Spence, though. The 30-year-old Garcia also essentially could be granted a pass if he loses because he’ll face such a big size disadvantage against an undefeated fighter who’s considered one of the sport’s best, pound-for-pound.

Mikey Garcia plans to train at Victor Conte’s Scientific Nutrition for Advanced Conditioning facility in San Carlos, California, to help him add weight sensibly for what literally and figuratively will be the biggest fight of his career. Danny Garcia doesn’t think that’ll make much difference once Spence imposes his size and strength on him.

“He’s a good fighter,” Danny Garcia said. “He’s undefeated. It can be a great fight. I just think Spence is way too big for him. Spence is probably the biggest welterweight.”

Contracts for the Showtime Pay-Per-View battle between Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) and Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) haven’t been finalized. February 16 and February 23 are the dates under consideration for that fight"

Mikey Garcia must see something in Spence's style he can exploit that he feels confident enough to take this fight. I'm really curious to find out what he sees.

I give no types of fukks about this fight :wow:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I thought highly of Adams but I wasn’t impressed with his win. He looked weight classes above Walker and used that to lean and hold even though he wasn’t really working inside.

I’ve heard they wanted the LA Vs LA final though which is why it’s at the Forum etc. I enjoyed all the different characters though and they are all fighting each other on the undercard. I’m probably going to go.

Wow, they're running the Forum? That's incredibly short notice...how are they going to fill it up? I like Walker too, he has a lot of power. I wasn't impressed by Michael Moore and I think he gets the W over Moore easily.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Wow, they're running the Forum? That's incredibly short notice...how are they going to fill it up? I like Walker too, he has a lot of power. I wasn't impressed by Michael Moore and I think he gets the W over Moore easily.

I’ve been learning a lot more about the business of boxing. Not ground breaking info but just the significance of tv revenue, tv rights, domestic tv rights etc... don’t know what the logic was but it’s still a tv show as long as they get viewers the gate at the forum is what it is. I’ll keep ya updated on how it’s looking. I got him outboxing Moore as well.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been learning a lot more about the business of boxing. Not ground breaking info but just the significance of tv revenue, tv rights, domestic tv rights etc... don’t know what the logic was but it’s still a tv show as long as they get viewers the gate at the forum is what it is. I’ll keep ya updated on how it’s looking. I got him outboxing Moore as well.

Good on ya breh, I am interested in the business side of it too. That's why I'm so fascinated about this Floyd/Rizin co-promotion deal. You noticed Ellerbe wasn't at the presser last night? I think he saw what Arum, Oscar and Eddie got and he wants that type of money in rights fees for his own promotion, separate from what the PBC are doing. I think he might go into MMA promotion too...

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Lewis beat the brakes off Byrd, just as wlad did...

Lewis beat the brakes off wlad too... would love to see those....Lewis played himself career wise
thats a fight i would have liked to see. remember, byrd made vitali look stupid. he made a few big guys look real stupid. you know the fighter who reminds me of chris byrd a lot? demetrius andrade.