The Official Black Conservatism Thread

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
interesting how the op is trying to decouple his definition of conservatism from poltical affiliation. obviously not in your interest to discuss conservatism by today's standards because of how the gop has hijacked "conservative principles" and moved to the extreme right.

also, "conservative principles" as stated aren't exclusive to conservatives. those principles are generic and can't be claimed by conservative or liberal. especially if you're trying to keep political affiliation out of the discussion.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
It's funny how you're avoiding the fact that all of your heroes were on the left of the political spectrum in all of their respective eras, and how you're revising all of their opinions to fit some kind of "eternal conservatism" standard that doesn't exist and wasn't even dreamed into existence until 1982.

Whats funny is that I never said they werent on the "left" on some issues for their time... But what I have said is that the thesis of their ideologies were rooted in Conservative principles. You or anyone else have yet to factual refute this.. You can't label anyone of those men that I posted as a "liberal" in terms of ideological thought

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
interesting how the op is trying to decouple his definition of conservatism from poltical affiliation. obviously not in your interest to discuss conservatism by today's standards because of how the gop has hijacked "conservative principles" and moved to the extreme right.

also, "conservative principles" as stated aren't exclusive to conservatives. those principles are generic and can't be claimed by conservative or liberal. especially if you're trying to keep political affiliation out of the discussion.

Their are "liberal" Republicans and "Conservative" Democrats. Anyone who has taken a basic political theory class understands that political affiliation and political ideology are two separate issues, so that is why the two are separated in this discussion. Has nothing to do with whats in my interest. Its why racists gay liberal democrats like Roseane Barr were befuddled when blacks voted for Prop 8 in California in '08 while Obama was on the ballot...

Superstar
Daps
Whats funny is that I never said they werent on the "left" on some issues for their time...

They were on the left, period, simply by virtue of their being black.

But what I have said is that the thesis of their ideologies were rooted in Conservative principles.

There's nothing particularly conservative about self-esteem and self-reliance. you have yet to say why those things are part of some pan-historical conservative narrative in any way, shape, or form.

You or anyone else have yet to factual refute this.. You can't label anyone of those men that I posted as a "liberal" in terms of ideological thought

You deny political bias, but your definition of historical conservatism didn't even EXIST until a very political revision of history that occurred in 1982.

But if you'd like proof, here you go:

The political party that Marcus Garvey founded in Jamaica-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Political_Party_(Jamaica)

An eight-hour work day
A minimum wage
A larger share of self-government
Protection for native industries
A legal aid department for the poor
Technical schools for each parish
Land reform
Libraries and civic improvement for parish capitals

Ooooh, so conservative!

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Their are "liberal" Republicans and "Conservative" Democrats. Anyone who has taken a basic political theory class understands that political affiliation and political ideology are two separate issues, so that is why the two are separated in this discussion. Has nothing to do with whats in my interest. Its why racists gay liberal democrats like Roseane Barr were befuddled when blacks voted for Prop 8 in California in '08 while Obama was on the ballot...

conservative or liberal principles aren't political. however, your interest in black conservatism must be to serve some purpose. why not discuss black liberalism and black conservatism in the same topic? afterall you have to have both to paint a complete picture with the examples you used... especially if we're keeping political affiliation out of the discussion.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
They were on the left, period, simply by virtue of their being black.

There's nothing particularly conservative about self-esteem and self-reliance. you have yet to say why those things are part of some pan-historical conservative narrative in any way, shape, or form.

You deny political bias, but your definition of historical conservatism didn't even EXIST until a very political revision of history that occurred in 1982.

But if you'd like proof, here you go:

The political party that Marcus Garvey founded in Jamaica-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Political_Party_(Jamaica)

Ooooh, so conservative!

1. Wait, so are you saying all blacks are on the left because their black? Do you think religious black folk in the south would agree with you on that? You sound like a cracker with that line of thinking to be honest

2. Self reliance from the government (which all of them advocated for) is a conservative ideal. Liberalism is the antithesis to self reliance from government

3. Even your link says:

Self Government

And if you understand Garvey you'd understand his message of self government of blacks apart from the white liberal/conservative establishment, which is why him and DuBois got into nasty disagreements.. again you are a miseducated negro (if you are indeed negro which I doubt)

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this whole shyt is silly lol

and lmao at "do for self & self reliance" and jackie robinson in the same thread.

he jumped ship from us doing for ourself...we cant have it both ways...

and he gets celebrated as a beacon of "progress"....lmao. i aint clowning the dude, but lets at least keep history and today in perspective

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
I think you mean Rosie O'Donnell. This thread is on life-support right now. We need some facts in here.

full quote

Roseane Barr said:
70% of black Californians who voted this cycle voted for prop 8. As they overwhelmingly supported America’s first chance to elect a person of color and strike a death blow to racism, they also went out of their way to misuse their votes (no doubt at the behest of their immoral and hateful pastors and clergy) to isolate and punish a small minority of citizens, and to deny them basic civil rights.
They voted to deny over 70,000 californian children coverage of the insurance benefits of their gay parents. They voted to destroy the constitution that Obama will hopefully uphold against their wishes, by making sure that church and state remain separated. They voted to “uphold the sanctity of marriage” by making a mockery of it. They showed themselves every inch as bigoted and ignorant as their white christian right wing counterpartners who voted for mccain-palin and bush-cheney…..
…..the more things change, the more they stay the same.
REPENT all ye bible blabbers!!!!
babble on babylon

Superstar
Daps
Self reliance from the government (which all of them advocated for) is a conservative ideal. Liberalism is the antithesis to self reliance from government.

....aaaaand stop right there. You've just given the 1980s political definitions of the terms despite claiming to be apolitical.

You can now officially hush

3. Even your link says:

My link says "self-government" because Jamaica belonged to Britain. Is anti-colonialism conservative now too?

And if you understand Garvey you'd understand his message of self government of blacks apart from the white liberal/conservative establishment, which is why him and DuBois got into nasty disagreements.. again you are a miseducated negro (if you are indeed negro which I doubt)

The political party that Garvey founded contradicts your own definition of conservatism, which is itself a terrible definition because you're trying to make it some sort of "eternal conservative standard" even though it didn't exist until the 80s Republican coalition brought it into being.

You're literally just fashioning history from whole cloth.

Enjoy yourself