The Official "Billions" Season 1 Thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This is mindless, superficial trash....with all the decorations of 'Suits', and none of the charm or humor of that shows characters......To believe that a sitting US Attorney could engage in some sort of feud with a hedge fund billionaire and have public spats is absurd, nothing seems real or grounded in any kind of reality, other then a laughably macho world......It's near parody how ham fisted the dialoge and acting is....won't be watching, other then the odd 5 minutes here and there on repeat, if I happen to see it....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This is mindless, superficial trash....with all the decorations of 'Suits', and none of the charm or humor of that shows characters......To believe that a sitting US Attorney could engage in some sort of feud with a hedge fund billionaire and have public spats is absurd, nothing seems real or grounded in any kind of reality, other then a laughably macho world......It's near parody how ham fisted the dialoge and acting is....won't be watching, other then the odd 5 minutes here and there on repeat, if I happen to see it....

It's not a feud yet, he believes this guy Axe is dirty so he's looking at him like his white whale...

It's just the begining. we dont even know if axe is guilty yet.... :yeshrug:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thats the least of my objections really, though none of the US Attorney dealings were presented with any sort of believability at al, that press conference in particular was ridiculously poorly done....By the time this show is done, they will be near 'Sons of Anarchy' levels of nonsense, for their particular world....

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I agree with breh above, this show is hot garbage. They are trying to keep it interesting with the visuals (the helicopter, lesbian sex, big ass houses, midgets (:beli:) ) but it is boring as fukk.

The dialogue. :shockedhand:

The hyperboles, the monologues :swaggyP:

The plot itself is ridiculously absurd. But those actors (Lewis,Giamatti) are trying so hard to make it work.

Brody as a dude from Queens?:usure:

I hate every character on this show. Don't give a fukk what happens to them.:manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Show looks decent after 2 episodes but as a cowboys fan... Axe looks like Jason Garrett :lupe:

186047541_8.jpg

maybe its the red hair :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
in the immortal words of martin payne

"we don't need no umbilical cord tommy, this is TV" :martin:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw the first 2 episodes of "Billions". Looks pretty good so far. I just wonder if this is gonna end up being 6 seasons of Chuck trying to convict Bobby, because that's gonna get old quick. And who the hell decided it was a good idea to cast Maggie Siff as Paul Giamatti's wife? That doesn't match at all. I like her, I'm just saying...you can match Jax Teller's wife with Paul's butterball ass.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
It's not a feud yet, he believes this guy Axe is dirty so he's looking at him like his white whale...

It's just the begining. we dont even know if axe is guilty yet.... :yeshrug:
cuz... it's pretty obvious he's guilty... remember that scene with him lurking in the basememnt paying the dude w/ a trenchcoat a briefcase of dough? also they pretty much said they were all getting "anonymous tips" in that mock SEC sh*t

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
cuz... it's pretty obvious he's guilty... remember that scene with him lurking in the basememnt paying the dude w/ a trenchcoat a briefcase of dough? also they pretty much said they were all getting "anonymous tips" in that mock SEC sh*t

I know....:lolbron: but seriously we still dont know how this guy AXE acquired all that money...:yeshrug: it's kinda premature. Of course Axe got fixers helping him out protecting him, what businessman doesnt??:francis:

I mean until i see the moment where Axe took money from the cartels and flipped it in the stock market I cant co-sign what giamatti's character is doing.... yet.....

You have no tangible proof of anything, just the fact that he has money and has power does not make him a full blown bad guy...:usure:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I know....:lolbron: but seriously we still dont know how this guy AXE acquired all that money...:yeshrug: it's kinda premature. Of course Axe got fixers helping him out protecting him, what businessman doesnt??:francis:

I mean until i see the moment where Axe took money from the cartels and flipped it in the stock market I cant co-sign what giamatti's character is doing.... yet.....

You have no tangible proof of anything, just the fact that he has money and has power does not make him a full blown bad guy...:usure:

The SEC flagged some shyt having to do with Axe though in episode which is how this all got started..I have to rewatch the PILOT again.

Chuck didn't go into this with the purpose on starting a witchhunt...it's only 2 episodes. He's been throwing little bait and keeping his ear to the ground and is becoming more and more suspicious of AXE. Besides it's politics, ego and shyt comes into play so it's not out of the ordinary for someone in Chuck's position to want to go after someone like Axe by slowly building a case.:manny:

The SEC actually seems to be the one who is on that "GUILTY!!!! HE GUILTY!!!" type of shyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The SEC flagged some shyt having to do with Axe though in episode which is how this all got started..I have to rewatch the PILOT again.

Chuck didn't go into this with the purpose on starting a witchhunt...it's only 2 episodes. He's been throwing little bait and keeping his ear to the ground and is becoming more and more suspicious of AXE. Besides it's politics, ego and shyt comes into play so it's not out of the ordinary for someone in Chuck's position to want to go after someone like Axe by slowly building a case.:manny:

The SEC actually seems to be the one who is on that "GUILTY!!!! HE GUILTY!!!" type of shyt.

I agree... it's a slow dance...:ehh:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps

:dahell:

this show is about white collar crime... aint gonna be no drug cartel money getting washed... it's about insider trading breh