The Official "Billions" Season 1 Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:dahell:

this show is about white collar crime... aint gonna be no drug cartel money getting washed... it's about insider trading breh

You know what I mean tho... :heh: Giamatti's character got nothing. It makes no sense that Axe made all this money and now he slipped up and got the DA on his case?!? :dahell: plus his wife works for the guy and I'm sure he has met him somewhere along the lines before. :patrice:

It's not like this guy Axerod fixed the stock market and crashed companies like some sort of shark just to make money off the corpse. maybe he is dirty, but im gonna need more proof of anything...

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
You know what I mean tho... :heh: Giamatti's character got nothing. It makes no sense that Axe made all this money and now he slipped up and got the DA on his case?!? :dahell: plus his wife works for the guy and I'm sure he has met him somewhere along the lines before. :patrice:

It's not like this guy Axerod fixed the stock market and crashed companies like some sort of shark just to make money off the corpse. maybe he is dirty, but im gonna need more proof of anything...
umm that's what the show is cuz :dahell:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

what's the over/under on Axe fukking G's wife?

we all know it's gonna happen right? :mjcry:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

You know the scene in the pilot where he's talking to the guy who breaks in to buildings and says "how certain are you of this information"?
I don't think we'll ever see him do anything blatantly illegal beyond stuff like that. I don't think they're setting him up as a real "bad guy", just someone arrogant who crosses the line and tries to have deniability about it. He's not directly asking people to break into buildings, he's just talking to a friend and asking him how certain he is about some stuff.

Having said that, someone at my job had a theory that Axe somehow had insider information about 9-11 and that's why he's the only executive that survived. But I don't think this is THAT kind of show.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
You know the scene in the pilot where he's talking to the guy who breaks in to buildings and says "how certain are you of this information"?
I don't think we'll ever see him do anything blatantly illegal beyond stuff like that. I don't think they're setting him up as a real "bad guy", just someone arrogant who crosses the line and tries to have deniability about it. He's not directly asking people to break into buildings, he's just talking to a friend and asking him how certain he is about some stuff.

Having said that, someone at my job had a theory that Axe somehow had insider information about 9-11 and that's why he's the only executive that survived. But I don't think this is THAT kind of show.

The way the narrative of the show goes it certainly seems like it's leading up to that. Him surviving 9/11 was mentioned numerous times throughout both episodes. It's pretty obvious.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The way the narrative of the show goes it certainly seems like it's leading up to that. Him surviving 9/11 was mentioned numerous times throughout both episodes. It's pretty obvious.

I don't think they would go in that direction. I think that would be too controversial, and piss off the survivors of places like Cantor Fitzgerald where most of the people got killed in real life.

The 9/11 thing is part of what makes him sympathetic to the people. That's why he plays that up.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is mindless, superficial trash....with all the decorations of 'Suits', and none of the charm or humor of that shows characters......To believe that a sitting US Attorney could engage in some sort of feud with a hedge fund billionaire and have public spats is absurd, nothing seems real or grounded in any kind of reality, other then a laughably macho world......It's near parody how ham fisted the dialoge and acting is....won't be watching, other then the odd 5 minutes here and there on repeat, if I happen to see it....

You'd be surprised how petty some of these guys are in real life. I do agree about the dialogue. But I still think there is enough there to wait and see.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Thats the least of my objections really, though none of the US Attorney dealings were presented with any sort of believability at al, that press conference in particular was ridiculously poorly done....By the time this show is done, they will be near 'Sons of Anarchy' levels of nonsense, for their particular world....
You say that lke its a bad thing. I enjoyed that SOA fukkery for what it was, not like it was game changing TV.

I agree some of this dialogue is way too forced. This boardroom meeting in ep 2 is :scust:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
You say that lke its a bad thing. I enjoyed that SOA fukkery for what it was, not like it was game changing TV.

I agree some of this dialogue is way too forced. This boardroom meeting in ep 2 is :scust:

I re-watched the Pilot last night. I have to admit a lot of the dialog is worse than I first remembered. I'm still in for the season, anyway.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, this attorney is told that if she doesn't become a rat, he's gonna tell her boss that she did coke and she folds:dwillhuh:

Why wouldn't she go to Giamatti and go, I'm getting blackmailed by someone that wants me to inform him of the shyt that goes on in the office:yeshrug: