The Official "Billions" Season 1 Thread

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
You mean Axe's wife? She's cringe worthy... That "I grew up in the streets and we had to scrap." line was awful...
i vaguely remember that. she did well enough last selling second thoughts about staying w/ axe. and every time her and giamatti's wife are on screen together, the tension feels bout as real as him and axe.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
that actress is from sweden. of course she can't deliver that type of line.

Either the character is shytty, or the casting of her as that character is shytty. Either way it doesn't work.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I still don't understand what he did that was so bad to be honest. he made trades when the planes hit the towers.

I don't think it's realistic that the people in this universe are so shocked and offended by how Axe made money. If I had the ability, I would have done the same thing completely out in the open. It's not like not making money would have saved a firefighters life.

I feel worse about the main characters of "The Big Short" than Axe.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I still don't understand what he did that was so bad to be honest. he made trades when the planes hit the towers.
Only thing he did wrong was being so good at what he do.... and the fukk boy government wants to take him down so they can have something good on their resumes.

The problem with this show is that they acting like Bobby Axe is Tony Soprano... but he is not. Bobby is ruthless but you are suppose to be in that field of business and Paul Giamatti is the very same way but he acts like he is better than Bobby.

the problem is not that he did it... it was who he was and what he became... remember the full story

he's a new york boy... came up in the slums.. didn't go to a prestigious college... didn't have money.. he happens to not be at work one day, all his partners are killed in the towers, his wife's brother is killed in the towers... so he takes over the company, takes over the ny police pension fund, gives huge amounts to the partners families, and supports everything 9/11 related... he's new york's fukking come up story, richest man, and humanitarian all in one... he's the most loved guy in the whole damn city.

then an article comes out that he was about to be fired... saw the plane hit... and said fukk it, let me bet on this horrific tragedy destroying airplane stocks and make me 700 million.. well now you're not the pretty golden boy... you're just another piece of shyt stock broker.. and not the run of the mill broker, but one who is born and raised here and profited off the death of our hometown heros... then paraded your ass around here like it was all good

it's not even like this is some national story... it was on tv a few times the last episode.. as it would be if we found out bill gates did the same thing... then 20 people showed up to protest this ep... but really nobody cared.. it didn't seem like this (in this universe) was any type of national news or big huge story

and giamatti purely hates this guy cause he thinks he's fukking his wife or something.. he's pretty much said so.. and every other person around him has questioned why he's going so hard at axe too.. but he's the #1 and nobody can tell him shyt

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
the problem is not that he did it... it was who he was and what he became... remember the full story

he's a new york boy... came up in the slums.. didn't go to a prestigious college... didn't have money.. he happens to not be at work one day, all his partners are killed in the towers, his wife's brother is killed in the towers... so he takes over the company, takes over the ny police pension fund, gives huge amounts to the partners families, and supports everything 9/11 related... he's new york's fukking come up story, richest man, and humanitarian all in one... he's the most loved guy in the whole damn city.

then an article comes out that he was about to be fired... saw the plane hit... and said fukk it, let me bet on this horrific tragedy destroying airplane stocks and make me 700 million.. well now you're not the pretty golden boy... you're just another piece of shyt stock broker.. and not the run of the mill broker, but one who is born and raised here and profited off the death of our hometown heros... then paraded your ass around here like it was all good

it's not even like this is some national story... it was on tv a few times the last episode.. as it would be if we found out bill gates did the same thing... then 20 people showed up to protest this ep... but really nobody cared.. it didn't seem like this (in this universe) was any type of national news or big huge story

and giamatti purely hates this guy cause he thinks he's fukking his wife or something.. he's pretty much said so.. and every other person around him has questioned why he's going so hard at axe too.. but he's the #1 and nobody can tell him shyt

yes, but if you look at almost any super rich self-made billionaire, most of them HAVE to be a$$holes to get to that level of wealth. him doing something unscrupulous certainly cannot come as a suprise. and all of his good deeds are going to be undone by him making those trades?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
yes, but if you look at almost any super rich self-made billionaire, most of them HAVE to be a$$holes to get to that level of wealth. him doing something unscrupulous certainly cannot come as a suprise. and all of his good deeds are going to be undone by him making those trades?

If he had just "owned" it from day one, it wouldn't even have been seen as unscrupulous (at least not for long).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
that's why he let it out.. and then the firehouse speech... he has plans for flipping this into a win

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
honestly its just white folks crying bout nothing (concerning axe's trades) gawd saw an opening and took his shot :yeshrug:

chuck looking like he think axe killed donnie, you could see his soul leaving his body during the close up :russ:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
honestly its just white folks crying bout nothing (concerning axe's trades) gawd saw an opening and took his shot :yeshrug:

chuck looking like he think axe killed donnie, you could see his soul leaving his body during the close up :russ:

If they want us to think Axe is the bad guy, they're not doing a good job.

They're making Axe so sympathetic to me, that for a second I wondered if they writers would say he poisoned Donnie just to get the audience back on the government's side.