The Official "Billions" Season 1 Thread

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
the problem is not that he did it... it was who he was and what he became... remember the full story

he's a new york boy... came up in the slums.. didn't go to a prestigious college... didn't have money.. he happens to not be at work one day, all his partners are killed in the towers, his wife's brother is killed in the towers... so he takes over the company, takes over the ny police pension fund, gives huge amounts to the partners families, and supports everything 9/11 related... he's new york's fukking come up story, richest man, and humanitarian all in one... he's the most loved guy in the whole damn city.

then an article comes out that he was about to be fired... saw the plane hit... and said fukk it, let me bet on this horrific tragedy destroying airplane stocks and make me 700 million.. well now you're not the pretty golden boy... you're just another piece of shyt stock broker.. and not the run of the mill broker, but one who is born and raised here and profited off the death of our hometown heros... then paraded your ass around here like it was all good

it's not even like this is some national story... it was on tv a few times the last episode.. as it would be if we found out bill gates did the same thing... then 20 people showed up to protest this ep... but really nobody cared.. it didn't seem like this (in this universe) was any type of national news or big huge story

and giamatti purely hates this guy cause he thinks he's fukking his wife or something.. he's pretty much said so.. and every other person around him has questioned why he's going so hard at axe too.. but he's the #1 and nobody can tell him shyt

I didn't watch the last episode, because I gave up on this shytty show, but I remember certain things from that day. Didn't the first plane hit the towers at 9:20 am, the stock market would have already been open by then, and then didn't they close it for a while?

Closings and cancellations following the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I didn't watch the last episode, because I gave up on this shytty show, but I remember certain things from that day. Didn't the first plane hit the towers at 9:20 am, the stock market would have already been open by then, and then didn't they close it for a while?

Closings and cancellations following the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yea it's tv bullshyt. There was no way for him to be trading after the first and especially to go harder after the second. They never even opened

The opening of the New York Stock Exchange(NYSE) was delayed after first plane crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower, and trading for the day was canceled after the second plane crashed into the South Tower. NASDAQ also canceled trading. The New York Stock Exchange was then evacuated as well as nearly all banks and financial institutions on Wall Street and in many cities across the country. The London Stock Exchange and other stock exchanges around the world were also closed down and evacuated in fear of follow-up terrorist attacks. The New York Stock Exchange remained closed until the following Monday

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yea it's tv bullshyt. There was no way for him to be trading after the first and especially to go harder after the second. They never even opened

The opening of the New York Stock Exchange(NYSE) was delayed after first plane crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower, and trading for the day was canceled after the second plane crashed into the South Tower. NASDAQ also canceled trading. The New York Stock Exchange was then evacuated as well as nearly all banks and financial institutions on Wall Street and in many cities across the country. The London Stock Exchange and other stock exchanges around the world were also closed down and evacuated in fear of follow-up terrorist attacks. The New York Stock Exchange remained closed until the following Monday

I had to just look this up because I wasn't sure, but you can short stocks during pre-market hours:
Activities You Can Take Advantage Of In The Pre-Market And After-Hours Trading Sessions | Investopedia

Major News Events

News and announcements of major geopolitical events are often reported after regular trading hours or over the weekend, potentially causing massive market moves. Wars and natural disasters are examples of unexpected events that can take the market by surprise at any time. Having access to the market before the market open allows you to better position yourself and hedge against risk in case of such unforeseeable events.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Felt like this was the best episode of the season. Loved the time jumps, a lot of revelations this episode too...

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
so it took a full 10 episodes before condola rashad finally got her :mjpls: on. not that it's any suprise.

disappointed she didn't naked tho since damn near everyone else on showtime shows some tittays.
Was also looking forward to seeing dem titties

Axe a cold b*stard :wow:

Chuck with the double cross.

And 2nd in command letting the 40 mil slip :childplease:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

market opens at 930 am fam. At least nowadays it does. Theres pre and aftermarket trading thoughl Futures markets are open 24 hrs.