The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Half these episodes were slow buildups
Breaking bad never dragged like this

I'm late as fukk responding to this but this is 100% false.

I can tell you never posted in the "BB" threads on SOHH....every season besides 1 and 5 people said was too slow.

Hell, I'm the biggest "BB" stan on this site and I'd argue "BCS" actually seems less slow than "BB" due to the B tier players (Skyler, Marie, Walt Jr., etc. vs Kim, Nacho and....well, Gus and Mike) being better.

Fred.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I just binged the season 6 first half and it was a long drag of "what is lalo going to do and messing with Howard". That killing of Howard at the end was out of place and forced......seems like the next half is gonna go back to Jimmy actually dealing with the cartel and not running around pranking lawyers.

season 5 ended on a high note....this first half was super mehh.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
probably that bald headed lawyer from his public defender days

That's who I wanted to say too lol but that guy was in the D.A.'s office. Unless we're thinking of a different guy.

I can't think of who was doing defense work other than Jimmy, Kim, and all those corporates.

I'm late as fukk responding to this but this is 100% false.

I can tell you never posted in the "BB" threads on SOHH....every season besides 1 and 5 people said was too slow.

Hell, I'm the biggest "BB" stan on this site and I'd argue "BCS" actually seems less slow than "BB" due to the B tier players (Skyler, Marie, Walt Jr., etc. vs Kim, Nacho and....well, Gus and Mike) being better.

Fred.

You're cherry-picking there,, comparing the best characters in BCS to people who were barely there in Breaking Bad. You could just as easily have said that Chuck, Howard, and Werner aren't nearly as good characters as Jesse, Hank, and....well, Gus and Mike.

Both shows had stellar characters top to bottom....but honestly I think the dragging characters in BCS wasted a lot more of your time than the dragger characters in BB. Entire episodes revolved around Chuck or Werner in ways we didn't have to deal with concerning Marie or Walt Jr.

Think of how many really really good major characters BB had:

Walt
Jesse
Gus
Mike
Hank
Saul

Plus plenty of solid smaller characters:

Todd
Badger
Krazy-8
Huell
Tuco
Lydia (I didn't like her but lots of people do)
The Twins
Don Eladio
Juan Bolsa
Jane
Andrea
Gomez
Old Joe

Nacho, Kim, Gus, Mike are absolutely fantastic BCS characters, but you should be comparing them to Hank, Jesse, Saul, Gus, and Mike in Breaking Bad, not background characters like Walt Jr. and Marie. And yeah, Skyler was a major character who annoyed lots of people, but so was Chuck and honestly we had to focus a lot more of the BCS storyline around Chuck than ever revolved around Skyler.

Also s/o to the Nacho character, the acting throughout this season was amazing

Nacho might have been the best-acted character in the entire BB/BCS universe. At the least he was my favorite. Felt like he had to be method acting because even in the scenes where he wasn't saying shyt, you could read his life in his face.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's who I wanted to say too lol but that guy was in the D.A.'s office. Unless we're thinking of a different guy.

I can't think of who was doing defense work other than Jimmy, Kim, and all those corporates.

You're cherry-picking there,, comparing the best characters in BCS to people who were barely there in Breaking Bad. You could just as easily have said that Chuck, Howard, and Werner aren't nearly as good characters as Jesse, Hank, and....well, Gus and Mike.

Both shows had stellar characters top to bottom....but honestly I think the dragging characters in BCS wasted a lot more of your time than the dragger characters in BB. Entire episodes revolved around Chuck or Werner in ways we didn't have to deal with concerning Marie or Walt Jr.

Think of how many really really good major characters BB had:

Walt
Jesse
Gus
Mike
Hank
Saul

Plus plenty of solid smaller characters:

Todd
Badger
Krazy-8
Huell
Tuco
Lydia (I didn't like her but lots of people do)
The Twins
Don Eladio
Juan Bolsa
Jane
Andrea
Gomez
Old Joe

Nacho, Kim, Gus, Mike are absolutely fantastic BCS characters, but you should be comparing them to Hank, Jesse, Saul, Gus, and Mike in Breaking Bad, not background characters like Walt Jr. and Marie. And yeah, Skyler was a major character who annoyed lots of people, but so was Chuck and honestly we had to focus a lot more of the BCS storyline around Chuck than ever revolved around Skyler.

Nacho might have been the best-acted character in the entire BB/BCS universe. At the least he was my favorite. Felt like he had to be method acting because even in the scenes where he wasn't saying shyt, you could read his life in his face.

Not cherry picking at all.

Walt and Jesse are the main characters of "BB".

Jimmy and Kim are the main characters of "BCS".

Nacho = Hank.

Chuck = ?

Howard Hamlin = ?

Aside from that, I'd put Mike and Gus right there....and both of them are on "BCS", but with more screen time/story.

After that on "BB" you have Skyler and Marie....neither were fan favorites, to put it mildly. Walt Jr. had so little to do it became a meme in later seasons.

Hell, Chuck's arc,, Nacho's arc,, and Howard's arc > damn near every character arc on "BB", besides Walt, Jesse, and Hank. Who are the main characters on the show.

Fred.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Finally binged today, finna start the midseason finale... Got dammit JIMMY :hhh:
I can't believe he called Kim with that bullshyt knowing what she had in front of her.
That was selfish as hell, the damage was done and I don't care how this turns out, he could've waited and let her do her thing :pacspit:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally binged today, finna start the midseason finale... Got dammit JIMMY :hhh:
I can't believe he called Kim with that bullshyt knowing what she had in front of her.
That was selfish as hell, the damage was done and I don't care how this turns out, he could've waited and let her do her thing :pacspit:

You have to remember he never wanted to do it, she would of blamed him if he didn’t call her for finding any reason not to do the scam

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally binged today, finna start the midseason finale....

damaDDu[1].gif

Fred.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You have to remember he never wanted to do it, she would of blamed him if he didn’t call her for finding any reason not to do the scam

He's not whipped, there are plenty of times where he could have made the call and pulled out. He kept going through with it cause deep down he loves the chase. He's just as culpable as she is.