The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not whipped, there are plenty of times where he could have made the call and pulled out. He kept going through with it cause deep down he loves the chase. He's just as culpable as she is.

hes just as responsible no doubt but he never wanted to do it, this is all kim and her vendetta towards howard

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
well i just fini
what up fred?! :salute: yeah i just finished and boy... karma??? "namaste" :skip:

two things I love about this show and Breaking Bad: the cinematography on the intros is amazing more often than not.
also, the way they do those little youtube promo videos... i saw some shyt with Lalo teaching how to make a taco :pachaha: Fring doing corporate training videos :mjlol: it's a nice touch. you can tell the creators really have fun with this

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Not cherry picking at all.

Walt and Jesse are the main characters of "BB".

Jimmy and Kim are the main characters of "BCS".

Nacho = Hank.

Chuck = ?

Howard Hamlin = ?

Aside from that, I'd put Mike and Gus right there....and both of them are on "BCS", but with more screen time/story.

After that on "BB" you have Skyler and Marie....neither were fan favorites, to put it mildly. Walt Jr. had so little to do it became a meme in later seasons.

Hell, Chuck's arc,, Nacho's arc,, and Howard's arc > damn near every character arc on "BB", besides Walt, Jesse, and Hank. Who are the main characters on the show.

Fred.

Breh, you just proved you were cherry-picking right now cause you admit that Kim is one of the main characters of BCS yet you compared her to Skyler and Marie on BB, not Jesse. And you said Nacho is Hank but in your initial comparison you listed Nacho for BCS and Walt Jr. for BB.

Chuck = Skyler. Both were basically there to emphasize their foil against the main character as a combative relationship they couldn't get out of and that constantly reminded them of their biggest failure in life. Howard = Walt Jr. as the earnest minor player in that foil.

If you want to argue that Chuck and Howard's arcs are superior to Skyler and Walt Jr., that's one thing. But that's not the comparison you made, you compared Kim and Nacho to Skyler and Walt Jr. and that's not how the series worked.

Walt + Jesse = Jimmy + Kim

Hank + Mike = Mike + Nacho

Skyler + Walt Jr. + Marie + Gomey = Chuck + Howard + Schweikart + Cliff

Gus = Lalo

Lydia = Gus

Gale = Werner

Ted = Kevin

Tuco + Hector + The Cousins = Tuco + Hector + The Cousins

Schwartzes = Kettlemans

Saul, Huell, Krazy-8, Jane, Badger, Skinny Pete, Todd, Jack = Huell, Stacey, Paige, and ???

It's true that they handle the cast differently in BCS than they did in BB. Breaking Bad was more deeply Walt's story, so in the end FAR more happened with him than happens with Saul, which is why Better Call Saul often feels like a slow burn. They have more happen with other characters in BCS at the expense of having far less happen with the main character. Also as a result of that, BCS has introduced fewer meaningful side characters because they need to keep developing that same core, so they can't throw in a Krazy-8, a Jane, a Todd with as much weight because they need the time to keep Howard and Gus going. Even Gus's character arc has suffered a bit to the other supporting roles in BCS, I can barely think of Gus doing anything significant other than brooding. BCS has the advantage of building off of characters that were already developed in BB, so we can appreciate who Gus is an what he's doing in BCS even if his actual character arc is kinda flat and uninspiring.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
All caught up.

Smokin on that Howard pack.

30217bb30da749c7c7d9db2041b6485b.gif

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I legit can't believe people we are comparing this shyt to BB in a way to say it's a better show :mjlol: . It's not and it's not close in any way, shape, or form.

The whole Chuck shyt was not entertaining, yea it served a major purpose to the character of Jimmy, but there was absolutely nothing special about that shyt.

Howard's death was predictable as fukk, but handled extremely well. Once Lalo became an unknown and Howard started getting more screen time, I put that shyt together 2 episodes ago. I like how it played out though.

Y'all nikkas need to stop with the "what have you done for me lately" approach to TV shows.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I legit can't believe people we are comparing this shyt to BB in a way to say it's a better show :mjlol: . It's not and it's not close in any way, shape, or form.

The whole Chuck shyt was not entertaining, yea it served a major purpose to the character of Jimmy, but there was absolutely nothing special about that shyt.

Howard's death was predictable as fukk, but handled extremely well. Once Lalo became an unknown and Howard started getting more screen time, I put that shyt together 2 episodes ago. I like how it played out though.

Y'all nikkas need to stop with the "what have you done for me lately" approach to TV shows.
its better built up and more nuanced. we gonna have to agree to disagree. Better Call Saul>Breaking Bad

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
BB debuted in 2008 during a writer's strike. BCS came out in 2015, so the writers/directors of that show were a well-oiled machine by that point and had their particular style down. BCS has better cinematography for that reason but really damn near all television looks better now than 15 years ago.

I just love the whole ABQ BB "universe" Vince has created, both shows are 10/10 IMO