The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Again, be in denial... but as much as part of Jimmy told Kim to go instead of him was to so-called "save Kim", a lot of it is due to his alter-ego taking over as SAUL.

It's not denial breh, the writer of the episode already confirmed it himself:

So Lalo volunteers Jimmy to go kill Gus even though he really just wants to spread Gus’ security thin. However, Jimmy nominates Kim instead. Was Jimmy basically trading his life for hers?

Yeah, I would say that’s pretty much the calculus. When Lalo says, “And then you bring it back here where me and Mrs. Goodman will be waiting for you,” Jimmy knows that if he screws up, she’s dead. So the only place that’s safe is away from Lalo, and he knows he’s got to get her out of there because whoever stays there, dies. So he’s willing to make that sacrifice. The interesting thing to me is how far she makes it in this journey. She knows that if she doesn’t succeed, then Jimmy dies. So had Mike not grabbed her, it’s an open question of whether she would have pulled that trigger, but I feel like the odds are better that she would have.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I just don't see Kim leaving Saul.. That would go against what they've built her as...

And Saul was 100% trying to save Kim by sending her instead of going himself..

I wonder what's the worst that can happen to Saul? While he isn't squeaky clean, he hasn't done Walt or even Jesse level of dirt..

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I just don't see Kim leaving Saul.. That would go against what they've built her as...

I wonder what's the worst that can happen to Saul? While he isn't squeaky clean, he hasn't done Walt or even Jesse level of dirt..
She's gonna go emo like Pinkman and Skyler. I see it coming. They tortured Howard and basically got him killed.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Except that we're only seeing the evolution of him "breaking bad", and he still basically drove both Chuck and Howard to their deaths. But remember that it gets much worse - in the entire Breaking Bad timeline he was the seediest of all seedy lawyers and was likely helping drug dealers hide murders and rapes and all sorts of other horrors.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except that we're only seeing the evolution of him "breaking bad", and he still basically drove both Chuck and Howard to their deaths. But remember that it gets much worse - in the entire Breaking Bad timeline he was the seediest of all seedy lawyers and was likely helping drug dealers hide murders and rapes and all sorts of other horrors.

he was washing money and running scams, he suggested murdering pinkman but he never killed anybody

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
he was washing money and running scams, he suggested murdering pinkman but he never killed anybody

We only know a fraction of what Saul did in his role for the cartels and other drug dealers. But even just now in BCS he was willing to conceal Lalo's identity and get him bailed out of prison, leading to dozens of additional deaths. From the trajectory I'm pretty sure we can say that over the next 5-10 years he only did more of that and worse things. The casual manner with which he suggested killing Jesse, even though Jesse was a former client of his and hadn't done anything wrong, implied that he had been part of equally callous decisions before.

I mean look at how fukking rich he was by the time he had to disappear with the vacuum cleaner guy. You don't get that kind of money just keeping guys like Badger out of jail, and his share of the Sandpiper case doesn't come close to explaining it either.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just saw a shot from the show and saw that Lalo had the camera in his right hand (looks like that's how the handle is designed) and thus has to hold the gun in his left hand. I wonder if that's meant to contribute to him missing the shot. The camera strap goes around his hand so it's not elementary to drop it and use the right to fire.

Finished the article just now, they threw a bit of cold water on one thing we were saying:

Four years from now, Hank and the DEA are going to be walking through the wreckage of this lab. Since two of Gus’ goons that Walt murdered were already found on the surface, how did you reconcile the Howard and Lalo of it all?

It seemed like they wouldn’t find them. They’re six feet under dirt and two feet of concrete. They’d really have to go looking for bodies.

And another funny tidbit:

Have you started writing a pilot about Lyle’s exploits in Albuquerque’s musical theater scene?

(Laughs.) It’s Lyle! or just Lyle! was a very long-running joke pitch. It’s a musical where Lyle, after Gus’ death, realizes that he’s been working for a drug kingpin all this time at Los Pollos Hermanos, and it chronicles the amount of “mind-blown” that happens to Lyle. At one point, Vince was like, “What if Lyle sang a silly song as he opened up Pollos?” And I said, “Sure, let’s get some comedy in here.” Then when we presented it to Harrison [Thomas], we discovered he’s a very talented, trained singer.

Similar to the Malcolm in the Middle alternate ending that you wrote for Breaking Bad, It’s Lyle! would’ve been an amazing bonus scene on the eventual Blu-ray set.

Yeah, we love Lyle, and Harrison is so great. He’s just so game. He comes in and he’s there for it. He’s focused and very funny in a way that doesn’t put too much on. And he gives Lyle just enough earnestness that your heart breaks for him. So we actually had numbers for It’s Lyle! that we’d pitch occasionally, and then we’d sing terrible, terrible songs.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Just saw a shot from the show and saw that Lalo had the camera in his right hand (looks like that's how the handle is designed) and thus has to hold the gun in his left hand. I wonder if that's meant to contribute to him missing the shot. The camera strap goes around his hand so it's not elementary to drop it and use the right to fire.

Watch the scene where he smokes Gus' goons again. He shoots with his left hand. U can tell cuz he lowers his right hand after firing and there's no gun in said right hand. When he walks into the light, the gun is in his left hand and he claps the dude on the ground who is still squirming.

When Gus takes the lights out, Lalo ain't phased at all. He IMMEDIATELY drops the camera without an issue. And I mean immediately. I just watched it again. He drops it and has his guide hand back on his gun within a second.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Watch the scene where he smokes Gus' goons again. He shoots with his left hand. U can tell cuz he lowers his right hand after firing and there's no gun in said right hand. When he walks into the light, the gun is in his left hand and he claps the dude on the ground who is still squirming.

When Gus takes the lights out, Lalo ain't phased at all. He IMMEDIATELY drops the camera without an issue. And I mean immediately. I just watched it again. He drops it and has his guide hand back on his gun within a second.

I didn't realize that he shoots left-handed. That second you mention is still an issue though because in that entire second Gus is moving in the dark and has significantly changed his position from where it was at the last previous moment that the lights were on.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't think the show will go this direction, if only because it would be the 4th suicide of a main character in this show. Chuck killed himself. Lalo killed himself. And the world thinks Howard killed himself too. I think Kim killing herself would just be too much. Also, for whatever it's worth, she doesn't strike me as the type. I think it's more likely that she leaves if it's between leaving or suicide.
On a way… :troll:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I'm kinda curious how they're going to pull off two different time jumps. Other than Kim's arc and Saul getting the Sandpiper money, there's really no other major loose ends that need tying up. I'm guessing Monday's episode could be the last one in the BCS timeline before jumping to the BB timeline and then eventually going to post-BB with Gene for the final episode.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
One thing this episode brought into play for me for the first time in a long time is that Kim might actually leave on her own. For at least a season or so I've felt she was so hardcore ride-or-die that it had to be outside events that would drag her out of Jimmy's life. But she just spent that entire episode in utter mortal terror. She damn near killed a man she didn't even know. This shyt has to be weighing on her really heavy and might actually cause a life change that makes her realize life with Jimmy isn't going to be life at all.

I'm kinda curious how they're going to pull off two different time jumps. Other than Kim's arc and Saul getting the Sandpiper money, there's really no other major loose ends that need tying up. I'm guessing Monday's episode could be the last one in the BCS timeline before jumping to the BB timeline and then eventually going to post-BB with Gene for the final episode.

Kim's arc is arguably the biggest deal of the entire series though. It hasn't been set up so I have trouble seeing them completing it in one episode. Even if her downfall is based on preexisting events (like legal consequences from what they just did to Howard, or fear from what Lalo just did to them), it feels like they need at least one episode to really set up the danger to Kim and Jimmy's relationship and then a second episode to resolve it.

A crazy twist they could throw in is Kimmy not leaving until the BB timeline. We didn't meet Saul right away in BB, so there's a chance that the time jump could occur right now, and then the fallout to Kim hits during 2-3 episodes set early in the BB universe before the second timejump to the post-BB story of Gene.