The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Me at the start of the season: "It's cool that BCS is back and all, but I'm probably just gonna binge it at the end of the season. The show is a slow burn anyways, and I can wait it out. :ehh:"

Now: ":wtf: Ya'll got anymore of them episodes?"

Dap+rep :russ:

I almost made a post this weekend on how this season was kind of underwhelming but decided to hold off. This episode brought back the feeling.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Kim bo$$ing up on this little chump :russ:
The moment his lil ungrateful ass responded to her with "Oh, so I'm gonna have a probation officer up my ass for the next 4 months", I wanted to hit him with the....

tumblr_n0dspuc1Yx1trues8o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Not hard to see why Gus wanted Mike for this job. Gus' regular goons would have picked the engineers up at the airport and drove them straight to the building. Gus knows how cautious Mike is and that he'd come up with the perfect way of getting the engineers there without them knowing anything about where they are.

Same reason why Gus liked the 2nd guy. You could tell by the way he paid attention to the details that he was Gus' guy. Knew how many loads of dirt that would need to be moved out of the facility, that they were near a major city which would make the job tougher.

Makes you wonder what airport the engineers flew into before being picked up? Clearly they were very cautious to not give away any information about their Albuquerque whereabouts.
He flew them to DEN airport . You can see that when he is in the parking lot. Also told him to drive west for 20 Minutes. The van ride was 7 total since they arrived at the lab near dark.
Also it’s very possible this scene took place in 2005/6 since Mike told him the job had to take place at night and no blasting. He also mentioned that money was no object so that would mean Gus has the whole south west area so money level is rising fast. Also the entire scene is Mike is more than comfortable vetting the engineers in the making of a meth super lab, he is a full on criminal it seems. Also let’s say with this guy doing the lab it takes about 2 years and at that point Gus needs that 200 pounds of meth a week to be profitable.

Daps
I'm assuming they didn't use the first guy because he has a big ass mouth. Couldn't wait to brag about a tunnel he built for the cartels....now imagine the next time he works with the cartels he brags about the super lab.

Fred.

Thought this was obvious....dude's being asked to bid on an ultra secret job where they went through all those measures to protect its whereabouts, clearly discretion is of utmost importance. Then this idiot starts bragging about a previous illicit job. :mjlol:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great episode.

Loved the cold opening bringing us back to the BB era and the last days of Saul Goodman. Enjoyed seeing the origins of the meth lab too. The first SuperLab architect rejected bcause nothing about him showed that he cared enough about the job to do it properly. The other guy was concerned about all the little details.

Kim! She's is so going to blow her Mesa Verde job by prioritizing these other cases instead. I get that she's more passionate about that style of law and that's not a bad thing, but I worry that her burning this bridge could have major consequences for her. I would love to see what cause Kim and Jimmy ain't together anymore

I also thought that Jimmy was charging more for the phones than we he spent "buying" them. He was covering his tracks with that. I did feel that at some point he was going to get robbed, because it was obvious that these were all strictly cash transactions.

Kind of missed Nacho, but I'm also kind of relieved that he got a break since he's pretty much been put through the ringer anytime he appears :pachaha:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slipping Jimmy got caught slipping living that street life. :russ:

Such a great song.:wow:

Jimmy was essentially stealing some of the product in a clever Jimmy way so he could sell the phones and collect the cash.

Of course, he got away from the biker gang (after selling them phones) without a scratch, and then got beaten up/robbed by those punk ass kids.

"What goes around comes around" :mjlol:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy made him feel like he's the sole reason for the suicide :wow:

The main purpose of the scene with Howard was to reinforce Jimmy's doubts that a shrink could help him

Saul and meth lab appearances :lupe:

Kim is A+. I wonder how Jimmy loses such a good woman :francis:

Be ungrateful that you got 4 months of probation instead of 18 months of jail :beli:

Howard :huhldup:

The scene on the couch where Jimmy talked of how he used to be a "tough guy" and Kim affirming him now was a major clue as to Kim's new career motivation: Kim was a Jimmy in her youth. This is why he is attractive to her and it explains why she keeps giving him chances.
Kim rightfully claims that giving a young vandal probation gives him a "second chance," whereas incarceration likely turns him into a gangster.
This is mirrored by Jimmy, who, although not incarcerated, is banned from practicing law, which seems to be putting him in league with illegals outlaws just as much as if he was in jail or prison.

Both the kid (David?) and Jimmy are going to be criminals anyway.

How on earth is a Denise so important to Kim? Kim was more invested in Denise than Denise was in herself. Because she was a Denise.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming they didn't use the first guy because he has a big ass mouth. Couldn't wait to brag about a tunnel he built for the cartels....now imagine the next time he works with the cartels he brags about the super lab.

Fred.
Plus the first guy took one look around and said he can do it no problem. Second dude was counting steps, using a tape measure, asking multiple follow up questions, etc. Even when Gus asked him if it was possible, the dude said it was gonna be hard and "not entirely impossible." Bro was thorough and honest/careful with his assessment, and that got Gus's attention since he's so meticulous too.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

Fred.

I think it was because the 1st guy was so cavalier. Dude's estimate seemed unrealistic, even after Mike pressed him. He's the type of dude who says he can do some miraculous shyt just to get the job, than is like :yeshrug:when he can't deliver what he promised, how he promised it would get done. They saw through the bullshyt.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
How does this series stack up to Breaking Bad??? I was alllll over that jawn if anyone remembers me. Shoutouts to Hexagram and Golden Glove, The Taxman n'em :salute:

I always meant to watch this series when it first aired but I think I only saw the first episode or two.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How does this series stack up to Breaking Bad??? I was alllll over that jawn if anyone remembers me. Shoutouts to Hexagram and Golden Glove, The Taxman n'em :salute:

I always meant to watch this series when it first aired but I think I only saw the first episode or two.

It's a great series but it's a lot slower and more character driven than "Breaking Bad". At least for the first couple seasons....we're in season 4 now and as the show gets closer to that time (the first season was 6 years before season 1 of "Breaking Bad") you start to see a lot of characters and places from "Breaking Bad". They also jump around a lot so there's scenes after and during "Breaking Bad" as well.

Fred.