The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really dont get why people are going nuts about Mike. Jonathan Banks is doing an amazing job acting, but his character arc is pretty predictable and linear. I mean, hes a badass old cop who has tons of balls and dont back down from anyone, and his only motive is money for his granddaughter :manny: Plus, his seeming lack of flaws so far and perfect decision making is kinda :francis: especially considering how flawed and imperfect other characters and their decisions on this show (and BB) are.

Mike is literally the least interesting main character to me on the show in terms of writing and character development. Aside from that Philly episode, Mike is way more interesting on BB.

theres no huge line to cross from here to being an enforcer for someone who hates the cartel, unlike teacher to cook/dealer/meth king in Walt and honest (more or less) lawyer to a criminal lawyer in Saul :manny:

the only real explanation to me is that people really want action and cartel and goons and shyt badly.
Exactly . We we seeing the beginning of the Mike from breaking bad who j think these people want to see. Anything before this is gonna be Ohhh when we seeing Gus ?

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Francis White. I was wondering where you was when the season started.

To be fair Gus almost stole season 4 from Walt.

Mike and Saul's story are on a collision course so it's not as if they're going to be competing for your attention for the run of the series.

Gus? Definitely. As far as logically moving the plot forward Gus needs to appear sooner rather than later. The bug guys from season 5 of "Breaking Bad", too.

Jesse? There's basically zero chance of that. This takes place 6 years before "Breaking Bad", Jesse would have to be played by a different actor.

I'm not sure why they'd show him in the Cinnabon scenes, but I guess anything is possible.

Fred.

That's weird.. Maybe I put em on ignore by mistake.

I couldn't find the thread til I decided to use the search function.

I thought no one cared about the show for a sec :wow:

Thanx for the help breh :salute:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really dont get why people are going nuts about Mike. Jonathan Banks is doing an amazing job acting, but his character arc is pretty predictable and linear. I mean, hes a badass old cop who has tons of balls and dont back down from anyone, and his only motive is money for his granddaughter :manny: Plus, his seeming lack of flaws so far and perfect decision making is kinda :francis: especially considering how flawed and imperfect other characters and their decisions on this show (and BB) are.

Mike is literally the least interesting main character to me on the show in terms of writing and character development. Aside from that Philly episode, Mike is way more interesting on BB.

theres no huge line to cross from here to being an enforcer for someone who hates the cartel, unlike teacher to cook/dealer/meth king in Walt and honest (more or less) lawyer to a criminal lawyer in Saul :manny:

the only real explanation to me is that people really want action and cartel and goons and shyt badly.

wasnt the best season of bb season 4? gus, cartel etc?

i like better call saul but its time to move on from his hhm sh!t, we want the real saul getting his hands dirty in real gangster sh!t.. i understand there trying to develop his character but its lagging and the ratings reflect it.

people like mike because gus will have to eventually show up and thats when the real stuff goes down

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

i like better call saul but its time to move on from his hhm sh!t, we want the real saul getting his hands dirty in real gangster sh!t.. i understand there trying to develop his character but its lagging and the ratings reflect it.

people like mike because gus will have to eventually show up and thats when the real stuff goes down
nah I prefer season 1 and 2 of BB over the later seasons.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah I prefer season 1 and 2 of BB over the later seasons.
well at least that explains why you dont really have a interest in the later seasons. i liked 1-2 but 4 is the best season by far in my opinion.

different strokes for different folks

:manny:

but can we agree that season 5 was the worst?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I mostly agree with what you're saying but ratings consistently been around 4.4 mill all season. Which is among the highest for any cable show.

I told people earlier in the thread a lot of sites are reporting the wrong numbers.

:what:

Season 5?

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
fukkery about to hit 11. The twins, Mike with the prep time, Kim with the job offer and the return of Giselle.. Jimmy in full finesse mode,

And that's before the "colourful" suits and the inflatable, which are throwbacks to BB. And he managed to fit the bright yellow mug in his car :lupe:

At this rate, we could see the Saul persona, by the end of the season.
Nah next episode, I tried posting the new clip but couldn't , he tenders his resignation to Davis and Main in it. Saul is there now.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mostly agree with what you're saying but ratings consistently been around 4.4 mill all season. Which is among the highest for any cable show.

I told people earlier in the thread a lot of sites are reporting the wrong numbers.

:what:

Season 5?

Fred.
then which season is the worst in your opinion?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
then which season is the worst in your opinion?

5A.

But I can't say it's outright bad. I didn't like the magnet or train episode in 5A but "Gliding Over All" alone shyts on most TV shows. And if we're counting 5A and B as one season then 5 easily shyts on most final seasons.

Fred.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
well at least that explains why you dont really have a interest in the later seasons. i liked 1-2 but 4 is the best season by far in my opinion.

different strokes for different folks

:manny:

nah I didnt say I had no interest in later seasons, I love BB in general, I just think the first couple of seasons were the best :manny: the later seasons are still amazing

not sure about worst seasons, like Fred said itd prolly have to be 5A if we can do that. second part of that season was thorough tho and anna gunn held her own, surprising the shyt out of me

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to like Nacho he's a chill dude but he's probably gonna get fukked up in a brutal way cause he never showed up in Breaking Bad . :mjcry:

You sure about that breh? :youngsabo:

Ignacio_zpszocfh5ln.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know its a hard question but what do you think happens to nacho?

And do you think we see huel and kuby soon?

Props too, your attention to detail in these series are

:wow:

I doubt we'll see Huell or Kuby until towards the end of the series. They could write him in earlier but Huell in particular didn't pop up until Saul thought Mike wanted to kill him, and needed a bodyguard.

As far as Nacho, who knows? But that's the beauty of giving Saul a prequel. You only ever seen Saul on "Breaking Bad" in relation to Walt or Jesse. We don't know what he did in his free time, who he associated with, etc.

Fred.