The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Trey0'5Blue2Gz you got the thread starter on ignore? That would explain why you can't see the thread.

Fred.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Great episode. Loved the whole twins/Mike scenes.

Also loved the opening of Jimmy not feeling comfortable in his new apartment and retreating back to his old office/living situation in the nail salon. Definitely showing that Jimmy feels more comfortable slumming. It's who he is.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

fukkery about to hit 11. The twins, Mike with the prep time, Kim with the job offer and the return of Giselle.. Jimmy in full finesse mode,

And that's before the "colourful" suits and the inflatable, which are throwbacks to BB. And he managed to fit the bright yellow mug in his car :lupe:

At this rate, we could see the Saul persona, by the end of the season.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wish they would've made a ''Gus'' or ''Mike'' spinoff show.

Nah.

This is arguably the best time for a Mike arc. Fresh off of murdering two cops....desperate for money....already running into the cartel.

Any time prior to that he would've been a cop. Which is cool but if people want "Breaking Bad" era Mike this is about as close as you can get without actually being "BB".

Also he's 70, they can't go too far back in time.

As far as Gus....again, I disagree. In "BB" Saul said Gus has been in his position for 20 years. So to actually get back story on him prior to "BB" you'd have to go back to when he was trying to get on....and people would be complaining about that same as this show.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah.

This is arguably the best time for a Mike arc. Fresh off of murdering two cops....desperate for money....already running into the cartel.

Any time prior to that he would've been a cop. Which is cool but if people want "Breaking Bad" era Mike this is about as close as you can get without actually being "BB".

Also he's 70, they can't go too far back in time.

As far as Gus....again, I disagree. In "BB" Saul said Gus has been in his position for 20 years. So to actually get back story on him prior to "BB" you'd have to go back to when he was trying to get on....and people would be complaining about that same as this show.

Fred.
Saul is the perfect character for the prequel . We know less about him than anyone and he survives so we can also continue his story . The best part of mikes story is gonna be addressed in BCS and With Gus that story seems to be the most interesting either 20+ years ago or once he meets Walt . He's gonna meet mike on this show so Thai should be fine

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm already seeing where this is going. gus is going to have to come back because he will be able to offer mike protection from the salamancas. plus, gus DESPISES that family for the shyt they pulled with max.

tuco is definitely going away for the assault charge. the police rolled up and saw that happen.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
btw, I always love seeing "slippin" jimmy in action. and kim be instigating his fukkery only to be like :whoa: when he starts getting out of hand.

• Dap

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Kinda curious how this plays out because we know Tuco is gone to jail prior to "Breaking Bad". So Mike's plan to claim the gun has to go wrong.

Fred.

didn't hector say last week that if mike takes the gun charge, tuco will get out in like 5 years instead of 10 years if he were not to take that gun charge?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
didn't hector say last week that if mike takes the gun charge, tuco will get out in like 5 years instead of 10 years if he were not to take that gun charge?

He didn't say a specific amount of years. He just said "not for 8 years....less....much less".

Also he said the only thing Tuco would be willing to cop to is battery, which would be a misdemeanor. I doubt he'd even do a year in jail.

"Breaking Bad" never said how long Tuco was gone but Skinny Pete was in jail with him so I assume it's closer to that time line. Also Nacho is a main character in this series so unless Tuco is going to keep popping up they have to get rid of him somehow.

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
He didn't say a specific amount of years. He just said "not for 8 years....less....much less".

Also he said the only thing Tuco would be willing to cop to is battery, which would be a misdemeanor. I doubt he'd even do a year in jail.

"Breaking Bad" never said how long Tuco was gone but Skinny Pete was in jail with him so I assume it's closer to that time line. Also Nacho is a main character in this series so unless Tuco is going to keep popping up they have to get rid of him somehow.

Fred.

:whoo: I forgot Skinny Pete was locked up with Tuco

• Dap