The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel you. I guess I wondering if it's going to go for the BB feel when it does happen. As in unexpected drama, action, etc. Even with Mike's "half of face" symbolism, I'm like eh. To use Marvel movie term, it just doesn't feel like the same "universe" so to speak.

To use the universe analogy, it's the same universe but not the same galaxy.

The very first episode of "Breaking Bad" the protagonist gets a death sentence. This show is a prequel so they have to focus more on the "how?" and "why?" than the unexpected.

I get what you're saying but you can't write this show like "Breaking Bad". We know Saul, Nacho, Mike, Kaylee, her mom, Tuco, Hector, Krazy-8....literally 90% of the characters....don't die at any point in this series. So they have to focus on stuff like "how did Hector get in that wheelchair?" and "when does Mike meet Gus?" as opposed to "I wonder if the cartel is going to kill Kaylee?".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just realized the lawyer talking to Kim in next week's promo is the same lawyer from the rival law firm for the Sandpiper case :lupe:

Fred.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Finally caught up, at this point i'm 10x more interested in Mike's story than Jimmie's. What's amazing to me is how they're able to Benjamin Button all the characters from BB that have came back so far. Thats dope

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally caught up, at this point i'm 10x more interested in Mike's story than Jimmie's. What's amazing to me is how they're able to Benjamin Button all the characters from BB that have came back so far. Thats dope

mike is defiantly more interesting right now, i guess they'll save fring for season 3

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Mikes story doesn't interest me as much as Jimmy's:manny:
I mean it's cool, but compared to Jimmy's it's more generic and simple imo, also isn't nearly as emotional for me.
Kim/Chuck/Jimmy/Hamlin is where it's at.
Especially Chuck.
I do want more Nacho though.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's see how it plays out, from what I see Chuck is right that Jimmy takes advantage of these people who help him. If he tells Kim he did take the money from his father then damn.
Even if he did , Maybe his father wasn't the Saint chuck painted Him as .

• Dap
Reactions: hex

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mikes story doesn't interest me as much as Jimmy's:manny:
I mean it's cool, but compared to Jimmy's it's more generic and simple imo, also isn't nearly as emotional for me.
Kim/Chuck/Jimmy/Hamlin is where it's at.
Especially Chuck.
I do want more Nacho though.
Jimmy I feel like has more depth in a way , Mike was a dirty cop who's son got killed and he feels guilty so he tries to make up for it with his granddaughter . Jimmy we don't know what got him to be slipping Jimmy than Saul

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is making me appreciate Breaking Bad a bit more. It's really driving home the point that there was a living, breathing world that Walt's ego just burned the fukk down.

Also, we did see a fair bit of character development in this episode. We saw the lengths Kim is willing to go to to be a success. She will eventually betray Jimmy for her career. This is what will finally push him to become Saul.

We also saw where no half measures comes from. This is a lesson Mike is going to learn the hard way this season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt I just realized something! :krs:

In season 3 Walt has a plan to send Jesse to jail for a while to get him out of the picture. Walt mentions to Mike "Saul said you'd done this kind of thing before". :mindblown:

It's funny because Mike handled this Tuco shyt by trying to send him to jail when he should've kill him....in "Breaking Bad" Mike warns Walt it's not a good plan.

Obviously they didn't have this episode mapped out back when season 3 aired but it's insane they took seemingly unimportant parts of a conversation and built on it.

Fred.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Chuck is such an elitist prick. :scusthov:

Jimmy winning over Chuck's wife with those jokes :umad: Those jokes had him having an existential crisis :mjlol: You could see the :to: in his face when sitting in bed.

That loser ass girl :camby:

Kim being a good ol' worker bee. :scust:

"I'd kill my mother for a fireplace. Hell, I'd kill her for a window" :whoa: :francis: :huhldup:

"You've got enough on your plate in doc review :ufdup:" suck corporate dikk brehs and brehettes and still take L's

Tio Salamanca :krs: (also, I didn't think that looked anything like Walt in the background in the diner scene :manny:)

Mike in some shyt.. :whew: