The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the ding before he came in the diner kind of gave it away. kinda wish they would have let it ride. i was legit wondering if it would somehow be gus. :lupe:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Kinda meh until the end cameo :manny:
shyt was :russell:.

Once again, NO STORY PROGRESSION. I absolutely don't mind slow burns and build up for big payoff, but as of right now, this shyt is stagnant as hell. Not to say that its not progressing at all, but they have done nothing to keep my attention thru the build up. Only reason I'm still glued in is because I KNOW just how interesting both Mike and Saul turn out. However, if I was not an avid BB fan, I woulda quit this show probably after this ep.

The comparisons to BB are straight up laughable at this point. I'm sure it will get better, but as of right now, they are slacking. Just my opinion of course. I'm sure a lot of y'all will disagree :yeshrug:, but as always, I DON'T GIVE A fukk, and I'd whoop yo ass if u break the boundaries of disrespect for your stanning. I could only offer the free trip to come see me though:yeshrug:, so no fades will occur most likely.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Once again, NO STORY PROGRESSION. I absolutely don't mind slow burns and build up for big payoff, but as of right now, this shyt is stagnant as hell. Not to say that its not progressing at all, but they have done nothing to keep my attention thru the build up. Only reason I'm still glued in is because I KNOW just how interesting both Mike and Saul turn out. However, if I was not an avid BB fan, I woulda quit this show probably after this ep.

The comparisons to BB are straight up laughable at this point. I'm sure it will get better, but as of right now, they are slacking. Just my opinion of course. I'm sure a lot of y'all will disagree :yeshrug:, but as always, I DON'T GIVE A fukk, and I'd whoop yo ass if u break the boundaries of disrespect for your stunning. I could only offer the free trip to come see me though:yeshrug:, so no fades will occur most likely.
I get what you're saying. shyt is only interesting because we know what happens in the future. Tonight's episode was straight filler til the end. Nothing happened until the last couple of minutes.

Straight :russell: fest

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

The comparisons to BB are straight up laughable at this point. I'm sure it will get better, but as of right now, they are slacking. Just my opinion of course. I'm sure a lot of y'all will disagree :yeshrug:, but as always, I DON'T GIVE A fukk, and I'd whoop yo ass if u break the boundaries of disrespect for your stanning. I could only offer the free trip to come see me though:yeshrug:, so no fades will occur most likely.
I'm in this show for the Jimmy/Chuck/Hamlin/Kim plot, Mike's goonery is just extra spice for me :yeshrug:
The opening and Chuck's scene with Kim>>>>>>>>>>>
The rest of this season seems like it'll be moving much faster though, everything's in place to get rolling.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm :bryan:at Jimmy having a babysitter now. When he tried to give the lady the beanie baby and Erin :usure:snatched it right back.

The whole scene in the bathroom was great too, when the fellow lawyer being in awe of everything that Jimmy had in the new law firm while he had vomit on his jacket :heh:.

Kim grinding to score a big account, only to have Hamlin still be a dikk about it and not get her out of the basement :martin:

Could Kim hear Chuck's story clearly about his dad with suit crackling and popping every few minutes :skip:

Chuck sitting at the dinner table while his wife and Jimmy are cracking lawyer jokes :shaq2:

Tio :whoo:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you're saying. shyt is only interesting because we know what happens in the future. Tonight's episode was straight filler til the end. Nothing happened until the last couple of minutes.

Straight :russell: fest

No story progression ? You learned more about Jimmy and chuck prior to his sickness and chucks possible jealousy . You see Jimmy progressing towards Saul with his refusal to play with the rules (arbitrary and important ) and why he most likely loses Kim

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show is taking its time building and telling the story about chuck and Jimmy's relationship. Last season at the end everyone sympathized with Jimmy, now they are showing the other side and Chuck doesn't look so bad. They are building nuance so things aren't so black and white. His relationship with his brother is the foundation for the prequel and why he becomes Saul (and to a lesser extent his relationship with kim, which is being sabotaged by Chuck)

This show or Jimmy's story has been character driven not plot driven contrived bullshyt like house of cards. And now Mike's story looks like it's heating up

Once again they have great advisors cause all the law firm scenes were spot on, especially the chick obsessing over bullshyt like Roman numerals and caps. I know tons of annoying chubby white chicks just like her unfortunately

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see both sides of the argument. :yeshrug:

If you want A to B plot development, like @DetroitEWarren said, not much happened. Sandpiper has been a major factor for 2 seasons and it wasn't even mentioned.

However, there is other ways (character developement) to move the story forward without "stuff happening". This was one of those episodes. Stuff like Kim working all night, contrasted with Jimmy cutting out of work early. Or Hamlin actually pulling the strings due to his ego being bruised. Or Chuck being right about Jimmy never taking responsibility for his actions, but petty enough to get annoyed when Jimmy is the center of attention. Or Mike's daughter-in-law accepting $25,000 from him, knowing he got fukked up somehow, but not even caring to ask if it was related to the money.

All kinds of stuff like that. Even Hector got a little character development. During most of "BB" he was a lunatic, here he seems somewhat rational.

If I had one complaint, the montage with Kim went on a bit too long. But this creative team is probably the only one where the directors get to show off as much as the writers and actors, so it's a minor complaint.

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if Jimmy will help Mike cut the deal on the gun charge.

There is no deal. Tuco goes away for a while. He was in jail for most of the years leading up to "Breaking Bad". Skinny Pete mentions it when he's introducing Jesse to him.

Mike said "fukk rappers....I'm snatching cartel chains".:whoo:

That's why I'm excited for the rest of this season. Mike is going to beef with the cartel, and that's probably how Gus first hears about him.

Fred.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
There is no deal. Tuco goes away for a while. He was in jail for most of the years leading up to "Breaking Bad". Skinny Pete mentions it when he's introducing Jesse to him.

Mike said "fukk rappers....I'm snatching cartel chains".:whoo:

That's why I'm excited for the rest of this season. Mike is going to beef with the cartel, and that's probably how Gus first hears about him.

Fred.
And remember Mike took the beat down to get dashed out by Nacho for helping Tuco "go away". If he was to agree with Hector, Tuco would not go away for long, therefore fukking over Nacho out of the deal they made.

I assume Mike is going to say fukk yo deal to Hector, which will lead to some type of beef with the cartilage, and him eventually meeting Guys and probably being the one who causes him to be fukked up in the future. Idk what role Nacho will play, but I like his character and I hope he stays around for a while.