The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
You guys see the promo for next week's episode?!

They showed Mike going to meet someone, then one of the cousins skull boots. :krs:

Fred.
Looks like for these last five episodes the shows going to be heating up.
Jimmy will probably have his own place by the end of it.
In season 3 we'll probably have him building up his reputation and whatever he did with Nacho.
Season 4 mixed in with Breaking Bad.
And the final season post BB, probably with Nacho as well.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Yooooo the first reaction of everybody on Reddit was literally to say Jimmy couldn't have stolen that money from his dad, it's all Chuck blaming him because he already suspected Jimmy (which is possible, it's only one side of the story), he's evil for telling this to Kim, Chuck fukk Chuck :laff:
Why can't they accept that the show is trying to make all characters nuanced and that at no point even in the episode where Chuck betrayed Jimmy, were they trying to make him into this purely black character for the audience to hate, which isn't to say people shouldn't hate him, but why are they against good storytelling whenever it isn't to make Chuck a purely evil poltergeist? They literally get offended at anything showing a side of Chuck that isn't what they want to see.
Hell I saw someone trying to say that Mike's speech about good and bad criminals was meant to say that Chuck is a purely bad person while Mike is a good one, as if they aren't both very gray.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now that I think about it, what if his father was gambling with the money or something and he drunk himself to death as the result of that, but Chuck was blinded by his admiration of him and thought it was Jimmy :ohhh:

That's what I was thinking.

Well, not exactly that but it's possible Chuck believes the story he's telling is true, and Jimmy is completely innocent at the same time.

Just like Jimmy spent the last two episodes trying to "fix" the Kim situation because he was sure Chuck was responsible for it, when it was actually Hamlin.

Fred.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Excellent episode. :gladbron: @ Hector and Mike...great scene, and obviously, it won't be their last!. That was two old pros going it it, both the characters, And the actors. ...Loved it. I wonder if Jimmy will help Mike cut the deal on the gun charge.

I wonder if one word of Chuck's little story he told Kim was even ture.

I thought the juxtaposition of Jimmy and Kim at their respective office was amusing. Jimmy lied to Erin and told her he was going to stay and work with her in the office, and he bailed the first chance he got. Meanwhile, Kim lied to those guys in Documents with her and said that she was leaving the office right after they did, when she actually took off her shoes and hunkered down for the night. Jimmy was bucking rules and order as always, and Kim was committing herself to her work at the expense of sleep.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm thinking Mike will cause Tio's stroke with an injection (possibly prepared by his vet) much like he finished off Leonel in the hospital.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Excellent episode. :gladbron: @ Hector and Mike...great scene, and obviously, it won't be their last!. That was two old pros going it it, both the characters, And the actors. ...Loved it. I wonder if Jimmy will help Mike cut the deal on the gun charge.

I wonder if one word of Chuck's little story he told Kim was even ture.

I thought the juxtaposition of Jimmy and Kim at their respective office was amusing. Jimmy lied to Erin and told her he was going to stay and work with her in the office, and he bailed the first chance he got. Meanwhile, Kim lied to those guys in Documents with her and said that she was leaving the office right after they did, when she actually took off her shoes and hunkered down for the night. Jimmy was bucking rules and order as always, and Kim was committing herself to her work at the expense of sleep.
I think the scenario was true, just that he possibly falsely placed the blame on Jimmy.