The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I think his interacting with pryce also is why he never took Walt seriously no matter what Walt achieved . He would of stayed alive if he wasn't so reckless with Walt

Walt was the reckless one out of the two of them, for sure. Mike has been shown to be all about order, set processes and chain of command. He was supremely consistent,

That's why he wants the correct payment for the parking lot. That's why he brought Jimmy the money in Season 1 when he could have just dipped. That's why he told Todd if he brought a gun to another job, he'd stick it up his ass sideways.

And that's why Pryce was such a pain in the ass to him. The guys he hired the first time we saw him go to meet Ignacio were the big guy and Trevor from GTA, and Mike. Trevor was ready to go out all guns blazing and Mike gave him that work, then and there, and the other guy was a p*ssy. There was no real method to Pryce's operation. Mike gave him that. And then he fukked it all up went out and bought a giant yellow Hummer. :deadmanny:

Walt was an absolute agent of chaos. He's a slave to his ego, which he proved multiple times. He turned down the Gray Matter offer of help.He got a little paper and started buying muscle cars. Gus was a boss for 2 decades and drove a shytbox Volvo. He wanted Jesse gone so bad that he gave away a bunch of the money he accumulated, and sold him into slavery (and Mike's disappearance factored into this too). He got FURIOUS when they took Jesse to Mexico to cook and told him he hoped they buried him in the desert. And this is before we even get to him poisoning a child.

He even admits in the end that he did it all because after a while he liked the rush. The 'Say My Name!' and 'I am the one who knocks!' speeches illustrated this perfectly.

Mike died because Walt thought he was untouchable and didn't need him anymore.

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Walt was the reckless one out of the two of them, for sure. Mike has been shown to be all about order, set processes and chain of command. He was supremely consistent,

That's why he wants the correct payment for the parking lot. That's why he brought Jimmy the money in Season 1 when he could have just dipped. That's why he told Todd if he brought a gun to another job, he'd stick it up his ass sideways.

And that's why Pryce was such a pain in the ass to him. The guys he hired the first time we saw him go to meet Ignacio were the big guy and Trevor from GTA, and Mike. Trevor was ready to go out all guns blazing and Mike gave him that work, then and there, and the other guy was a p*ssy. There was no real method to Pryce's operation. Mike gave him that. And then he fukked it all up went out and bought a giant yellow Hummer. :deadmanny:

Walt was an absolute agent of chaos. He's a slave to his ego, which he proved multiple times. He wanted Jesse gone so bad that he gave away a bunch of the money he accumulated, and sold him into slavery (and Mike's disappearance factored into this too). He was convinced he could talk He even admits in the end that he did it all because after a while he liked the rush. The 'Say My Name!' and 'I am the one who knocks!' speeches illustrated this perfectly.

Walt didn't need Mike because he was right, Mike was expendable and so were his men. He made more money without Mike and more than Gus in 3 months . Matter of fact if Hank didn't figure it out , he would never be touched. Mike didn't know his place, Mike is and only was the help . Yes he knew the players and could be used for consul but he had no long term vision like the bosses.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Walt was an absolute agent of chaos. He's a slave to his ego, which he proved multiple times. He turned to the Gray Matter offer of help.
He got a little paper and started buying muscle cars. Gus was a boss for 2 decades and drove a shytbox Volvo. He wanted Jesse gone so bad that he gave away a bunch of the money he accumulated, and sold him into slavery (and Mike's disappearance factored into this too).

He even admits in the end that he did it all because after a while he liked the rush. The 'Say My Name!' and 'I am the one who knocks!' speeches illustrated this perfectly.

Stop it. Walt a criminal beat another criminal Gus . If Mike listened and used Saul as a lawyer he would of been good instead he refused to ever listen to walt . Mike was a follower and a lieutenant he should of played his role with Walt and got his money or not did business with him .mikes ego had him not taking Walt serious . Heisenberg and the blue was what sold not Mike . Jesse was a reckless junkie who also fukked up.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Walt didn't need Mike because he was right, Mike was expendable and so were his men. He made more money without Mike and more than Gus in 3 months . Matter of fact if Hank didn't figure it out , he would never be touched. Mike didn't know his place, Mike is and only was the help . Yes he knew the players and could be used for consul but he had no long term vision like the bosses.

Stop it. Walt a criminal beat another criminal Gus . If Mike listened and used Saul as a lawyer he would of been good instead he refused to ever listen to walt . Mike was a follower and a lieutenant he should of played his role with Walt and got his money or not did business with him .mikes ego had him not taking Walt serious . Heisenberg and the blue was what sold not Mike . Jesse was a reckless junkie who also fukked up.

Yeah - we're not going to agree on this. You two might be the first two people I've had a conversation with about this who take Walt's side.

Walt made all that money - and where is at again at the end of the series? He had one barrel left.

He even shot the guy as he was trying to bargain with him to tell him where ]the rest of the money is. If that's not ego...

He went from having too much money for Skyler to count - supposedly $80 million - to $9 million. His original goal was $730,000 odd.

For Christ's sake - He kept a piece of evidence that tied him to a murder and a drug empire in his bathroom, where it was freely accessible to his DEA agent brother in Law.

Walt literally went from making the call to turn himself in, to being hellbent on vengeance because he happened to see the Gray Matter team on TV.

By the time he died Mike had been made a partner in the business, so I don't know where you get the 'played his role' part from. He even gave Lydia a pass after she tried to have him clapped.

Whoever said that Pryce shows us how Mike deals with egos was right. There are already a bunch of similarities between Pryce and Walt.

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah - we're not going to agree on this. You two might be the first two people I've had a conversation with about this who take Walt's side.

Walt made all that money - and where is at again at the end of the series? He had one barrel left.

He even shot the guy as he was trying to bargain with him to tell him where ]the rest of the money is. If that's not ego...

He went from having too much money for Skyler to count - supposedly $80 million - to $9 million. His original goal was $730,000 odd.

For Christ's sake - He kept a piece of evidence that tied him to a murder and a drug empire in his bathroom, where it was freely accessible to his DEA agent brother in Law.

Walt literally went from making the call to turn himself in, to being hellbent on vengeance because he happened to see the Gray Matter team on TV.

By the time he died Mike had been made a partner in the business, so I don't know where you get the 'played his role' part from. He even gave Lydia a pass after she tried to have him clapped.

Whoever said that Pryce shows us how Mike deals with egos was right. There are already a bunch of similarities between Pryce and Walt.
I'm thinking the same way bruh.

I really don't see how anyone wouldn't be cheering vehemently against Walt after a few episodes in S2.

The way he treated and manipulated Jessie:pacspit:

Telling his ex to fukk off:snoop:. Granted if he actually had done the smart thing and let her pay for the treatment, the show would've been over:ld:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Walt was an absolute agent of chaos. He's a slave to his ego, which he proved multiple times. He turned down the Gray Matter offer of help.He got a little paper and started buying muscle cars. Gus was a boss for 2 decades and drove a shytbox Volvo. He wanted Jesse gone so bad that he gave away a bunch of the money he accumulated, and sold him into slavery (and Mike's disappearance factored into this too). He got FURIOUS when they took Jesse to Mexico to cook and told him he hoped they buried him in the desert. And this is before we even get to him poisoning a child.

Mike died because of his greed and fuking up his money twice. Why didn't he bury his money like everybody else? He had a chance to kill Walt but he choose to work with him knowing how dangerous he was

Last edited:

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York

I don't get you at all. You making Mike and Gus out to be saints, by your reasoning Mike didn't kill people for money, if he wasn't greedy he would have stayed in the parking lot . You forget he was a dirty cop in philly . They made him a partner because he knew the business , you conveniently forget that it was Jesse greed not Walt that caused the problems with Gus. Jesse wanted to start slinging on the street again and wanted to sell to the most vulnerable people of all recovering addicts. You forget that right? Jesse was shorting the product in the lab for short money while he making millions doing what you say Walt should have been doing playing his role? Let me guess it's Walt fault that he killed those 2 dealers to save Jesse right? Jesse hot headed druggie couldn't keep the peace . Mike wanted him dead but now Jesse reminded him of his son??? Foh.
So by your reasoning if Walt didn't show loyalty to Jesse and save him it would have been all good right?
Walt saved Jesse from an overdose because he saw Jane was a piece of shyt junkie. Day one with the money she got Jesse hooked on smack. Let me guess they loved each other and would be clean the next day right?
If Jesse didn't take the RV and plan on cooking again with his dumb junkie partners he wouldn't have put them on Hanks trail. Selling that store clerk Meth with a cop right behind him was dumb.
If you want to be honest Walt should more loyalty than Jesse. Mike could have played his role and been a good cop. Gus could have just sold meth and not war with the cartel.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Last thing the money in the barrels you spoke of. Walt has a line on it, early in this thread I posted a video saying Walt is alive . Check it out. He knows that Lydia is laundering it for them.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Last thing the money in the barrels you spoke of. Walt has a line on it, early in this thread I posted a video saying Walt is alive . Check it out. He knows that Lydia is laundering it for them.
If they somehow incorporate Walt surviving into Better Call Saul then shyts gone be :banderas:. I'm 100% sure we are going to see Jesse soon, but if Walt comes into the picture while Jimmy is Gene then this show is going to kill shyt. Of course Walt will be in prison or fighting his charges in some way though

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get you at all. You making Mike and Gus out to be saints, by your reasoning Mike didn't kill people for money, if he wasn't greedy he would have stayed in the parking lot . You forget he was a dirty cop in philly . They made him a partner because he knew the business , you conveniently forget that it was Jesse greed not Walt that caused the problems with Gus. Jesse wanted to start slinging on the street again and wanted to sell to the most vulnerable people of all recovering addicts. You forget that right? Jesse was shorting the product in the lab for short money while he making millions doing what you say Walt should have been doing playing his role? Let me guess it's Walt fault that he killed those 2 dealers to save Jesse right? Jesse hot headed druggie couldn't keep the peace . Mike wanted him dead but now Jesse reminded him of his son??? Foh.
So by your reasoning if Walt didn't show loyalty to Jesse and save him it would have been all good right?
Walt saved Jesse from an overdose because he saw Jane was a piece of shyt junkie. Day one with the money she got Jesse hooked on smack. Let me guess they loved each other and would be clean the next day right?
If Jesse didn't take the RV and plan on cooking again with his dumb junkie partners he wouldn't have put them on Hanks trail. Selling that store clerk Meth with a cop right behind him was dumb.
If you want to be honest Walt should more loyalty than Jesse. Mike could have played his role and been a good cop. Gus could have just sold meth and not war with the cartel.
I don't get why people blame Walt but ignore the fact that mike Gus are criminals and killers as well . They have been killing and doing crime for years prior to Walt and Walt only really kills anyone when he has too other than that he's willing to do business with anyone nazi, badger , guys who worked for his enemy and that beat him up . Jesse is a huge screwup that Walt had to save several times and can't Be a man when he wants to take down Walt . How about he kill him or go to the police about Aaron pierce . Instead he acted like a bitvh

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are technically right but Saul is the one that knew Todd in the first place. Saul introduced Walt and Jesse to the pest control guys, remember? Todd was one of them.

Also keep in mind Saul was Mike and Jesse's lawyer, which in retrospect would put him on the DEA radar.

And yeah Huell ratted to two dead guys but he was still in a DEA safe house last we seen him. At some point somebody from the DEA would question him and he'd just rat again. Especially if he's told the two guys that tried to protect him are now dead.

Lastly it's possible nobody is after Saul and he just bounced because Huell and/or Skyler could implicate him. So why risk it?

Fred.
Saul knew the guy who ran the pest control, he never introduced Todd to Walt. Walt was the one who actually asked todd his name

Under questioning with nothing holding her back she had to rat on Saul especially about the car wash.

All she really knew was that Walt sold drugs

Saul helped launder some of the money

Maybe she left Saul out of it because it would of implicated her lover and the breaking of his neck

A lot of variables to think about

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Watching season 3. Saul says to Walt

"You can make anyone believe any lie. There was one time I made a girl believe I was Kevin Costner"

Love how they are implementing these little things

Another thing. Saul told skylar he was laundering money for years. So I wonder how long ago this is supposed to be. He also said he been married and divorced 3 times.