Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
JUST realized that was saul as marshall's boss on HIMYM

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Could have swore when this show was first announced they said it was going to be 70% comedy and 30% drama, where BB was the opposite.

Doesn't seem like that so far :leon:

Also, does anyone know if it's going to stay with 60 minute eps? Also thought I had read it was going to be 30.

Either way, dope show.

Vince blessed us again :blessed:

The show will be drama/comedy, same as "BB" and it'll be 60 minutes. The first season is 10 episodes, the second season which they're writing now is 13.

They said a bunch of shyt initially, but that was long before they started writing it. It could've been mostly comedy, 30 minutes, it could've not even been on AMC. They were just kinda brainstorming during interviews about what the show would be. What you've seen in the first 2 episodes is more or less what the show will be.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I remember "BB" was ending around the same time as "Dexter", which made the horrifically wack final season of "Dexter" even worse. :mjlol:

Fred.
I still haven't finished that finale of dexter, I honestly don't care and I wouldn't even care if someone spoiled it. This happens to me every year, Walking Dead ends up being the only show on TV for a few months, then game of thrones or another show starts back up and I realize the trash I've been watching.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see a few people saying this show is better then BB in here

And I honestly think they have done an amazing job with BCS, going by the first two episodes of course.

From the cinematography to the writing to the music.

But just like the bolded, it's all birthed by BB. This time around they have a different approach where the theme of the show isn't as dark as before. The show is centered around a character that is very likable and witty. BB was centered around a character that was created to be hated.

Both characters are very well written and both actors do an amazing job portraying their characters.

But to me Cranston did such an incredible job playing Walt/Heisenberg. That nothing can top that off. I think people have forgotten the effort Cranston applied. The man improvised some of the best scenes :wow:

They had one episode where it's literally just Walt and Jesse and it's probably one of the best episodes in my opionon because of what they were able to capture with very little to work with.

I could go in on how BB is the GOAT but I spent a lot of time and energy in the BB thread expressing that.

I think when people say this is better than "BB", they mean it's better than "BB" at a comparable point in the series, which is really early in it's run. And I kinda agree.

There is no superfluous characters like Walt Jr. or Marie....there is no divisive characters like Skyler....even looking at something like the directing, the 2nd episode of "BCS" was directed by Michelle MacLaren, one of the best directors "BB" ever had.

"Uno" is probably better directed than anything Gilligan did on "BB", with the exception of "Felina", which is the last thing he directed.

That's my point though....in terms of experience and talent this is essentially "Breaking Bad 2.0". They can take everything they learned from that series, and apply it to "BCS".

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean this is better over all, or will be better. The 2 episodes we've seen were great, but will this series have a "Half Measures", "Salud", "Fly", "One Minute", "Crawlspace"....does it have an "Ozymandias"? I doubt we'll know that for a long, long time.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Actually Saul didn't know Gus, he knew Mike, who was Walt and Jesse's introduction to Gus.
Saul admitted he had no idea who "the guy" was. He could've even ate at Los Pollos Hermanos, seen Gus, and he'd still have no idea who Gus really was....which is why he was so :why: when Mike threatened him when he was looking for Jesse. Saul had no idea Mike was even working that closely with Gus.

Hell, even Walt didn't know Mike was Gus's goon initially either. When Mike went to talk to Walt in "Half Measures" Walt says "Saul?" when Mike is talking about "my boss".

Fred.

:mindblown:

BreakingWiki

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I remember "BB" was ending around the same time as "Dexter", which made the horrifically wack final season of "Dexter" even worse. :mjlol:

Fred.
:dead:

this is one reasons i'll always have movies above TV.

you can count the amount of tv shows that people were happy with the way they ended on a few fingers

still about that life though

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
I think when people say this is better than "BB", they mean it's better than "BB" at a comparable point in the series, which is really early in it's run. And I kinda agree.

There is no superfluous characters like Walt Jr. or Marie....there is no divisive characters like Skyler....even looking at something like the directing, the 2nd episode of "BCS" was directed by Michelle MacLaren, one of the best directors "BB" ever had.

"Uno" is probably better directed than anything Gilligan did on "BB", with the exception of "Felina", which is the last thing he directed.

That's my point though....in terms of experience and talent this is essentially "Breaking Bad 2.0". They can take everything they learned from that series, and apply it to "BCS".

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean this is better over all, or will be better. The 2 episodes we've seen were great, but will this series have a "Half Measures", "Salud", "Fly", "One Minute", "Crawlspace"....does it have an "Ozymandias"? I doubt we'll know that for a long, long time.

Fred.

You worded what I wanted to say better

:banksalute:

Listen brehs.. They did "Fly" :banderas: that wasn't an easy task to pull

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, im on season 2 ep 3 of BB. OMG how the fukk did i miss this show? :mindblown:

:salute:

Keep us posted on your progress through the series.

But breh....I know you probably think I'm bullshytting....you still ain't seen shyt yet.

Season 1 and 2 are dope....but starting at season 3 the show goes to another level.

Fred.