The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
I was one of the ones who binge watched BB, couldnt get into it the first time around live but after it ended and hearing all about it I watched all 6 seasons in like 3 weeks and loved it. One of the best shows I have committed to.

Having said that, BCS has me hooked from episode 1. It could be because of the BB back story and my own expectations of the show, but damn, from opening black and white scenes, to the end of last nights episodes this is straight piff. Will only get better too. My body is ready :feedme:

I see a few people saying this show is better then BB in here

And I honestly think they have done an amazing job with BCS, going by the first two episodes of course.

From the cinematography to the writing to the music.

But just like the bolded, it's all birthed by BB. This time around they have a different approach where the theme of the show isn't as dark as before. The show is centered around a character that is very likable and witty. BB was centered around a character that was created to be hated.

Both characters are very well written and both actors do an amazing job portraying their characters.

But to me Cranston did such an incredible job playing Walt/Heisenberg. That nothing can top that off. I think people have forgotten the effort Cranston applied. The man improvised some of the best scenes :wow:

They had one episode where it's literally just Walt and Jesse and it's probably one of the best episodes in my opionon because of what they were able to capture with very little to work with.

I could go in on how BB is the GOAT but I spent a lot of time and energy in the BB thread expressing that.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I heard they about to do a spin-off show "Better Call Saul" and I was like unsure how I feel about this like :patrice: and thought it was gonna be a corny comedy show until I finally watched two episodes and I was totally f*cking dead wrong and This show is f*cking better good :leon:

Love the "All that Jazz" reference! ("it's Showtime and getting the coffee with the music).

Saul has always been such a good lawyer, and a good man with his clients. He could have left those little shyts, but he risked his life and fought for them. That's the Saul I thought we'd be seeing.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've said fukk 'em.

Naw,I knew them dying would probably haunt Jimmy.

What I found an interesting scenes of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul....so in Walter White's first misadventure in the desert in the earliest episodes of Breaking Bad, he ends up murdering two criminal shytbirds in order to save his own skin. Here, in Jimmy's first trip into the wild, he risks his own life to save two criminal shytbirds from being murdered.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Naw,I knew them dying would probably haunt Jimmy.

What I found an interesting scenes of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul....so in Walter White's first misadventure in the desert in the earliest episodes of Breaking Bad, he ends up murdering two criminal shytbirds in order to save his own skin. Here, in Jimmy's first trip into the wild, he risks his own life to save two criminal shytbirds from being murdered.

:wow12:

Wait so, you're saying that Walter White was a cold hearted motherfukker BUT this shows that Saul might be the opposite...?

:wow13:

:ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Could have swore when this show was first announced they said it was going to be 70% comedy and 30% drama, where BB was the opposite.

Doesn't seem like that so far :leon:

Also, does anyone know if it's going to stay with 60 minute eps? Also thought I had read it was going to be 30.

Either way, dope show.

Vince blessed us again :blessed:

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Could have swore when this show was first announced they said it was going to be 70% comedy and 30% drama, where BB was the opposite.

Doesn't seem like that so far :leon:

Also, does anyone know if it's going to stay with 60 minute eps? Also thought I had read it was going to be 30.

Either way, dope show.

Vince blessed us again :blessed:

I don't see any reason why it would change.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
E9XmSN3.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think Saul's convo with Chuck played a part into him going back and pleading for those boys lives. Without him telling him that he cares for his people and his clients and that's why he's still working to get back on his feet, I don't think Saul says anything out there in the desert.