The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
We need @obarth to drop his reviews. :mjcry:

BTW, I see this going 4-5 seasons and the series finale will be when he meets HeisenGAWD. :wow:
I think it should end with him meeting badger, since that's basically his debut in BB.

I wonder if later on its gonna cross over time line wise and if we'll see things from Saul's perspective. My guess is that it probably will because of the cold open scene with Saul in Omaha.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That was a really good pilot. If the quality holds up for the rest of the shows run, Gilligan will go down as one of the GOAT showrunners.

Who directed this episode? The lighting and framing of scenes throughout was :ohlawd:

Vince Gilligan directed it. His directorial skills were :ehh: on "Breaking Bad" but he stepped his shyt waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fukk up on this show. Some really beautiful/creative shots.

Fred.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Someone hit me up on the pm bruh. And nah u gotta have cable to watch live on there. I should neg the fukk out of u but I will pos rep u for your efforts
I just typed "live stream better call Saul" in google and that was the first thing that popped up.

There was a bunch more though so maybe try using that search on google. That's what I did for True Detective when it was on and I found some decent links.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vince Gilligan directed it. His directorial skills were :ehh: on "Breaking Bad" but he stepped his shyt waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fukk up on this show. Some really beautiful/creative shots.

Fred.

Yea, this show's visuals are crack

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dope first episode. Felt like being reconnected with a family member or a homeboy that's been locked up for a minute. That scene with Saul and his life at the Cinnabon wasn't as bad as they tried to make it seem. I know nikkas on the run that's been living in their homeboys basements for years. Saul knew the consequences had a great run and didn't get locked up or killed, that's a win.

In for all the callbacks. Keep em coming.

How Saul ended up ain't that bad at face value, especially considering how it could've ended for him....but being that driven and self-made, achieving success and being "the man" after what we've seen in this show....to go from that, to being a Cinnabon manager in a mid-western mall....it has to be hell for that kind of person.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
I really liked one of the beginning shots in black and white where it's snowing outside.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I just typed "live stream better call Saul" in google and that was the first thing that popped up.

There was a bunch more though so maybe try using that search on google. That's what I did for True Detective when it was on and I found some decent links.
Nah breh someone already sent me a link with a live stream through pm. Thanks though

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Remember Jesse will be on the show brehs :wow:

i remember there was talk about him being all over season 1 & 2
Not sure how much truth that holds now tho

Logistically I'm not sure how they'd show Jesse....he was 24ish during "BB", this is 6 years earlier than that....so he'd be 17-18, at the oldest 19 during "Better Call Saul".

They could obviously show Jesse after "Breaking Bad" ended, though. :youngsabo:

Fred.