The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm watching Breaking Bad for the first time right now (I'm in the last season). Saul and Mike are two out of the three characters I really like on the show (the other being Gus), so I have pretty decent expectations for this show. Don't screw it up, AMC :ufdup:
Like I said, if its Vince Gilligan, it will be great...dude has been creator and writer in the greatest television series like Breaking Bad and X-Files...it will be just as good or a notch below of Breaking Bad and nothing worse, guaranteed.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
well it's that time again . Mods this is all I will post unless you say I can post more exclusive content. I don't want get banned in January.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im in! But im probably not gonna care til season 3 or so when they get to post BB finale.

The show moves around in time. I'm not saying a bunch of it will be post-"Breaking Bad", but Peter Gould said it will take place before, during, and after "BB".

Fred.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Im in! But im probably not gonna care til season 3 or so when they get to post BB finale.
How do you know they won't have flash forwards? Notice Mike isn't working for Gus yet? But in that clip he says he is a fixer. Who is fixing for and what problem does he solve? I wouldn't be surprised to see the story behind Mikes daughter being alone, where his wife went and how he knew Lydia and how she just as bad if not worse than she appeared on BB.

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
The show moves around in time. I'm not saying a bunch of it will be post-"Breaking Bad", but Peter Gould said it will take place before, during, and after "BB".

Fred.

we just won

Walt, Jesse and Gus's return confirmed

And maybe my girl Lydia will get some shine

:banderas:

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
So far Michelle Maclaren is confirmed to direct an episode so is Bryan Cranston. Show is supposed to be almost as dark as BB.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Press kits were sent out a few days ago, with the first two episodes. I doubt they'll leak.

The first reviews for the show should pop up January 22nd:

http://www.businessinsider.com/vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-letter-2015-1

Welcome to the world of James M. McGill, Esq.

For viewers of Breaking Bad, there's much that will be familiar in this series: the bright Albuquerque skies, the dark humor, and -- most of all -- the passion and devotion to detail from cast and crew.

Having said that, Better Call Saul is a brand new show. We're telling a different story here -- one with its own rhythm, its own look, its own tone. We're excited to share it with you.

This show has been a crazy ride for us. The character of Jimmy McGill has taken us places we never expected. Jimmy's not yet Saul Goodman: he's his own man, and he's messy and struggling and still finding himself. One day he'll transform into Albuquerque's favorite criminal lawyer, but right now he's a more or less law-abiding underdog on the bottom rung of the legal system.

We're loving every moment of Bob Odenkirk's deeply human performance as unstoppable, inventive Jimmy races through an ethical slalom course, trying to make a name for himself.

We hope you enjoy it.

Vince & Peter

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also I went ahead and made this the official thread, since it's the one people have kept posting info in and the show is only a month away. Any other threads will be folded into this one.

Fred.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
So ready for this show. I think Saul, Mike and the rest of the cast will be strong enough to carry the show. It won't be Breaking Bad, but it'll still be a awesome. Bet will see at least a couple cameo appearances from Walt, Jesse and other Breaking Bad characters.