The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Daps
I hesitate to make the comparison, but this reminds me of The X Files doing a spinoff of The Lone Gunmen. Now I happened to love those characters from the X Files, but I think a lot of people who watched the X Files saw that and was like "eh". I have a feeling that is going to happen now. I think I personally will like this show, but I can see a big chuck of BB watchers not liking it.

Some of these shows are like a Gumbo....you stir up all these elements and it works for whatever reason....but people like it for DIFFERENT reasons. You pull just the chicken out of the gumbo and make it into a taco and half the people will be like...."uh...no".

Then again, you've got the Buffy/Angel thing and that pretty much worked. I actually grew to like the Angel show more because it had more depth to it. So I guess you never know.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hesitate to make the comparison, but this reminds me of The X Files doing a spinoff of The Lone Gunmen. Now I happened to love those characters from the X Files, but I think a lot of people who watched the X Files saw that and was like "eh". I have a feeling that is going to happen now. I think I personally will like this show, but I can see a big chuck of BB watchers not liking it.

Some of these shows are like a Gumbo....you stir up all these elements and it works for whatever reason....but people like it for DIFFERENT reasons. You pull just the chicken out of the gumbo and make it into a taco and half the people will be like...."uh...no".

Then again, you've got the Buffy/Angel thing and that pretty much worked. I actually grew to like the Angel show more because it had more depth to it. So I guess you never know.

A big chunk of "BB" viewers didn't even watch it until season 5. I don't expect this shyt to come out the gate with 11 million viewers like the "BB" finale.

"The Lone Gunmen" was dope as fukk though, it just didn't have the ratings. Which isn't gonna be a problem for this show, they got 2 seasons minimum.

Fred.

Last edited:
Daps
A big chunk of "BB" viewers didn't even watch it until season 5. I don't expect this shyt to come out the gate with 11 million viewers like the "BB" finale".

"The Lone Gunmen" was dope as fukk though, it just didn't have the ratings. Which isn't gonna be a problem for this show, they got 2 seasons minimum.

Fred.

Luckily its on basic cable too. The Lone Gunman was on Fox....it was before its time...show would have ruled if it came out now and popped a good rating on a basic channel/netflix.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Luckily its on basic cable too. The Lone Gunman was on Fox....it was before its time...show would have ruled if it came out now and popped a good rating on a basic channel/netflix.

What's funny is if "X-Files" was on FOX now that shyt would get cancelled after 5 eps, let alone a spin-off.

Fred.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'm watching Breaking Bad for the first time right now (I'm in the last season). Saul and Mike are two out of the three characters I really like on the show (the other being Gus), so I have pretty decent expectations for this show. Don't screw it up, AMC :ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: hex