The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
The show has been great. The way I see it they are just building the Jimmy McGill story so his transformation doesn't come off too transparent. They could have just stuck with the Chuck angle but the whole Marco dying thing put things in a different perspective for Jimmy.

We already know Saul gets into some fukkery so I'm okay with the first season being a segue way for season 2 fukkery. I can understand fans want a little more excitement but if the creators rushed that kind of stuff into the first season then the same people would be saying it's too forced or its too early on. The show has been picked up for 2 seasons with a 3rd one in mind if I'm not mistaken so they have something cooking up :manny:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Okay, am I the only one who thinks he didn't get the job with the new firm for that case? That's why he comes out bytching to Mike about the Kettleman's 1.6 mil?

Also, good to see him and Hamlin squash it.

Marco :mjcry:

You're right, he did not get the firm job. He didn't even go interview for it. He turned around and got back in the car. That's why Mike was like, "That was a short visit, no charge."

I saw it like, the whole time he basically wanted his brother's approval. Even though he could get that nice job at the firm, it was a layup, he didn't want it. If he were some big successful and ethical lawyer, he would still be trying to be the man he was pretending/trying to be for his brother's sake. Marco said what we all found out last week, and Marco hadn't seen Jimmy/Saul in 10 years. he said, "I hate to break it to you, but Chuck is a douche bag and frankly, he doesn't even like you."

Chuck will never accept Jimmy as a lawyer. So Jimmy might as well become Saul Goodman and just go full sleaze mode. It's what he's good at. He's passionate about it, and like Marco said, "If you aren't making bank, you're doing it wrong." At the end, Jimmy realized that he will always take the money if he can. No nobility in being broke and working his way slowly to "build something." The honor is in the dollar, and he's going to embrace who he is.

This whole time, I thought Saul Goodman was to Jimmy, what Heinsenberg was to Walter White. In actuality, Saul Goodman is just Slippin' Jimmy turned up to level 10.

I guess you could argue that Heisenberg was actually Walter White turned up to level 10, but that's a whole other discussion/debate.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say Saul is Slippin Jimmy on 10 while Heisenberg is who the Walt that fukked up by leaving a company before it became worth billions, is working at a public high school and a car wash to make ends meet and pretty much has no power in his personal life wishes he could be.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
THE NATURE BOY IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST BREAKING BAD FANS AND LIKED A LOT OF THIS SEASON BUT THIS FINALE WAS

giphy.gif

THAT BINGO SCENE WENT ON WAY TOO fukkING LONG :pacspit:

EVERYONE HAS TO ADMIT TO SOME DEGREE WE OVER STAN THIS SHOW BECAUSE OF OUR LOVE FOR BREAKING BAD :mjcry:

YES IT IS SLOW, AS WAS BREAKING BAD WAS INITIALLY (THE NATURE BOY DIDNT BINGE WATCH...WATCHED WEEKLY) BUT ITS MISSING SOMETHING BREHS :patrice:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I admit I wouldn't have given it a chance if it wasn't for breaking bad but that's the nature of a spin off:yeshrug:
I feel like they knew that they wanted to take this show in a different direction so they gave us the Tuco cameo to throw the audience a bone:russ:
We still got some good moments though
As for it being "slow" or not having any action everything else I watch is action packed from video games to movies,to tv shows
I don't really miss it here especially with Vince and friends giving us their A game in dialogue,tone,forshadowing,character dev and easter eggs:takedat:
That being said I find myself unable to recommend it to people I know in real life even though we all geeked out over breaking bad together:upsetfavre:
This site is the only place I can come to for discussion:mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just the way it escalated with Jimmy breaking down from getting all those B's, then launching into his story.

"He wanted soft serve. I gave him soft serve." :mjlol:

RIP Marco. The actor who plays him is putting in work, dude making out with January Jones over on Last Man on Earth :obama:

Jimmy getting that waitress to believe he was Kevin Costner :skip:. Wish I had a mouthpiece like that.

Chuck is serious about his apples. Had to tell Ernesto he should be writing down his grocery list, let Ernie come back to the crib with some Macintosh instead of Fuji apples :francis:.

With Jimmy making the decision to turn into Saul, it will be interesting to see how much if at all that Hamlin, Kim, Chuck appear in the next season.

hopefully none

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
He coulda hooked him up a little. Yea I know there comes a time to ditch losers (like what Jimmy did), but Jimmy was trying to get his life right. Coulda made him a paralegal for a year or two. But to chuck (:mjpls:) ya boy in a mail room?

And we all see what happens to ppl when they lead the illicit life for too long. But yea that addiction is strong
Nah he got the job, but didn't want it. His entire reason for being a lawyer was to please Chuck ("I though you'd be proud" last ep) meanwhile his homeboy Marco let him live with him without even caring what kind of job he had. So Saul is looking at it like, do I continue to try and impress Chuck, or do I surround myself with people that accept me unconditionally?

Which unfortunately is criminals. :francis:

Fred.
Was it really that? I took it as more of that's what he's good at and what he enjoys so he chose it I mean look at Marco.
He wasn't satisfied with that 9-5 life and only felt alive while scamming and jimmy saw that and the situation he was in and that made him reconsider everything.
THE NATURE BOY IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST BREAKING BAD FANS AND LIKED A LOT OF THIS SEASON BUT THIS FINALE WAS

giphy.gif

THAT BINGO SCENE WENT ON WAY TOO fukkING LONG :pacspit:

EVERYONE HAS TO ADMIT TO SOME DEGREE WE OVER STAN THIS SHOW BECAUSE OF OUR LOVE FOR BREAKING BAD :mjcry:

YES IT IS SLOW, AS WAS BREAKING BAD WAS INITIALLY (THE NATURE BOY DIDNT BINGE WATCH...WATCHED WEEKLY) BUT ITS MISSING SOMETHING BREHS :patrice:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I usually complain about the overly long scenes but for once I thought the Bingo one was perfect.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
hopefully none
Watch a different show.
Gotta be honest. The show is at its best when its centered around Mike.
I definitely prefer the Jimmy material.
Most people I see do or at least came to enjoy it better.
I'll take his humor and electric dialogue over "goonery " any day.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Watch a different show.
:rudy:

yea cuz that makes a lot of sense :rudy:

i felt that would be perfect if we never saw chuck again..he watched jimmy drive away.

with the pre-existing universe this show has..it would feel like a waste if we spent another season with that boring blonde woman and chuck and hamlin etc.

with the way it ended i expect a lot of fukkery next season.. let's start fresh